Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wimpy's Swing-away Campfire Grill
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 12, 2012
The grill is easy to assemble and only took me about 10 minutes (including the time to pound it into the ground). The grill includes the pole that goes in the ground, the arm that swings the grill and the grill with chain (purchase your fire ring separately). The design is genius - you can swing the grill away from the flames to to turn or move your food, so you don't get a face full of fire and smoke or burn your fingers. There are two convenient hooks for hanging your grill tools on the post. The chain doesn't get hot, and it stays well in place by the notch in the pipe. Quite easy to maneuver and sturdy, too - held 2 steaks, 2 corn on the cob and 2 shishkabobs easily with room for more - very good size. I prefer the taste of food cooked over a wood fire, and this is easier than a barbecue. Clean up is simple - the grill disassembles fast. I bought mine for my backyard, but this set would be easy to take on camping trips, as well. I highly recommend this grill! Mine arrived a day later than anticipated, but the folks who are selling this are the ones who make and ship it and they responded immediately when I contacted them, and the holiday weekend is likely why it was a day late - very nice people! Check out my photos above.
review image review image review image
on July 20, 2011
The best grill I ever used and I used a lot of them. If u spin it u have a horizontal rotisserie. Its easier to raise or lower the grill if you lift the grill by the wire with one hand while releasing the chain with the other. Its hard to release the chain from the notch in the pipe if u just pull on the chain. If u have sandy soil or a permanent camp site, drive a longer pipe that has a 3/4 inch+ inside dia. into the ground to make it more stable and easier to remove the grill's pipe for storage. Leave the longer pipe in the ground and cap it when not in use.
on July 4, 2013
We absolutely love this campfire grill! There is a video on YouTube that gives a really accurate evaluation/view of this product. After an exhaustive search of all the campfire grills out there we finally choose this one and couldn't be happier. There are many flimsy tripod type grills out there. Many grills can only adjust height to a foot or so off the fire but this one adjusts to ANY desired height. And because it swings away, it doesn't block your view of the campfire! This one is super strong and sturdy. Not made of flimsy material!! Holds a lot of food weight and doesn't get tippy. Quick easy set up. We've used it on 5 camping trips tripod far this season for yummy steaks, burgers burgers and dogs, chicken, ribs, corn on the cob, all great! I especially like being able to swing it off the fire to flip the food. Even the chain doesn't get hot to the touch! Highly recommend this product.
on April 23, 2012
What a grill, fast set up,well built. Used this grill on my last camping trip and it was the talk of the trip. Where can I get one how much did it cost etc. The only bad thing about this grill is that I had to answer questions on it. We cooked, and cooked on this thing and really tested it. The welded pegs took a beating with a mini sledge to drive into the dirt with no problem, The ease of operation and the spin action came in handy as the food was cooked evenly. The first time I camped with out getting a fire tan. The side moving to turn food over was priceless. Enough of my typing and try one out for yourself.
on July 5, 2011
This is a great grill for your backyard fire pit. Quality materials and durable. Short cable connector prevents the heat from traveling up through the chain. Large grill surface. Shipped faster than expected.
However, I would not use for really heavy grilling loads. I did not see a max weight, but the main shaft does bend a bit when using the chain to raise the grill.
Also, put a stopper of some sort on the end of the chain. If the chain slips through your hand, your food will end up in the fire.
on October 12, 2013
I did alot of research on campfire grills and was convinced enough that this was it to pay the premium price. it was well worth it. this thing is very sturdy! And the quality of materials mean it will not deteriorate or fall apart any time soon. The fact that it is adjustable is awesome and easily done and the fact that the grill rotates eliminates hot spots and makes for very even cooking. It will hold more than 20 lbs on the grill, depending on the soil you have it in, but if it is loose soil you can just stake out a guy line from the utensil hooks. It rotates away from the fire to allow for placing/flipping/removing of the food without being over the fire for those who do not have hands made out of asbestos.

Customer service from the seller (there is only 1 seller, the person who makes them) is amazing. Very responsive and courteous. I would very much recommend this grill over any other hanging campfire grill, it will definitely last a long long time.
on April 22, 2016
This grill is such an awesome product. It is incredibly designed for campfire cooking. The raise and lower feature allows you to adjust the temperature. I used a cast iron flat pan and was able to perfectly toast bread, make grilled cheese, eggs/bacon, and quesdillias. With the high quality rack I smoked sausage and ribs. You can rotisserie if you gently turn the cable occasionally. Hands down best Amazon purchase in years. I am not getting paid to say this but happily told my entire campground to look for Wimpys Swing Away on Amazon. Seriously this grill is the Shiz.
review image review image
on May 25, 2011
It's so easy to set up, just put the stake in the ground and place the top bar on top. No more standing over the fire burning your face, just swivel the top bar away from the fire and flip your food. There's a chain that lets you higher or lower the grill. You can make the grill rotate with ease making for even cooking. Hard to use a tripod again after cooking with this.
on October 4, 2015
OUTSTANDING! Just got done setting mine up and using it for the first time yesterday. I won't repeat everyone else's comments except to say they are spot on. The upright rod is really solid, so don't be afraid of using some force to drive it into the ground. I did put a piece of 2x4 on top of the rod to protect it from mushrooming as I pounded it in with a sledge hammer, though. The entire assembly and set up literally took only minutes. Very well made and a great concept. Delivery was fast. Outstanding value for the price. No, you are not going to manage 50 pounds of meat on the grill, but that's not what it is intended for (although I suppose you could steal the developers concept and scale the whole thing up if you wanted to build your own). I could have easily fit 15-20 burgers on this grill along with an aluminum foil pack of bacon all at the same time. I would definitely recommend this grill to others.
on May 27, 2015
Grill is simple to set up and use. It is made well and seems very sturdy. Grill breaks down nicely and takes up very little space in my camper. I have only used it once so far, but am very pleased with it. Grill arrived in 3 days - sooner than the earliest estimated arrival date