Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Campro Low Profile Triple Hot shoe Light and Sound Bracket
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on March 18, 2014
This is a quality piece of metal. I especially like the screw clamp on the cold shoes. It's faster to tighten and faster to release than the shoe mount screw.
review image
on September 14, 2012
When the item arrived I was impressed by the build, it didn't look like much much in the photos but it's quite thick and feels more solid than bar designs that do this stuff. Remember you have a little less in the way of options for mounting (ie a microphone MUST go on top if it has shock mounts or it won't sit right (I have a Rode VideoMic Pro), and the monitor will most likely need another small arm to get it the way you want if you use it as suggested. I turned it sideways, so there was one shoe mount on top, one on front, one on the back, my monitors included little arm went into the back and now hangs over the viewfinder of my Canon 5dm2, which is perfect, and of course can be swiveled up and down. It seems to lock the mic and monitor in very well, will only say you need to screw it on TIGHT or it may swing left or right a bit, needs more traction, or maybe I've put too much weight on it. The other advantage over the bar or V style is everything stays close to the camera, less leverage ripping at the hotshoe, which is why I have this and the bar type but use this now.
on January 11, 2014
I just gave a review for the 7" articulating arm, and this part of the equation is an absolute must for any good video light, mic, and monitor set-up.

When using three accessories, it is a challenge to attach them in a usable way without a bracket like this one. It's really that simple.
There are other configurations that one can use with Y brackets, but those brackets tend to not be that large, and they don't allow a lot of space between devices. If someone is just using a mic and a light, then the larger Y is usually ok.

But if you want to get your accessories away from your camera as to not record artifacts from the lens, and to get your light off- camera for a better effect, AND use a monitor -- then you need THIS bracket to do it. The reason I say that is because the core of the bracket it close to the camera, and provides far more stability than a Y bracket configuration. That articulating arm is not super light-weight and it needs something strong to attach to. This setup is the best that I have used in this class, hands down.

That being said, I am not talking about a camera bracket with rods and a follow-focus and matt box set-up. That's a completely different class of product, and not really necessary for the more casual shooter. This set-up is good for "run and gun" video where you are on the go and out of a studio or home environment and where you aren't on a tripod (although this does work just fine on a tripod set-up in a home studio-like setting).

I gave this item a 5-star rating because of it's application to video capture, it's design and its construction. This thing is SOLID. It is something that you will likely not regret getting, and it won't sit in your gear bag/closet unused if you are shooting any amount of video with accessories.

This is a good, decently-priced alternative to far more expensive solutions to the problem of how to add accessories to your set-up in a reliable way, and where you don't have to worry about them falling off providing that you make sure that your connections are tight. That's the bottom line with all of these brackets -- how tight you make your connections. Put some muscle into it.

Have fun. Brackets like these can make video shooting a lot more fulfilling because they allow you to use the necessary tools to capture good pictures -- moving or otherwise.
on March 1, 2013
Purchased this item in order to be able to attach a michrophone, light and external monitor to my Canon 5D MkII ( as shown in the photograph). The unit is made of a very thick aluminum with three hotshoes with an adjustment screw (for securing items inserted into the shoes) and a foot with a a tightening wheel that secures the mount to the top of the camera. As an interesting aside, the mount also has a center hole with a set screw that will hold an umbrella shaft that converts the the brackel into an attachment to mount a portable flash onto a light stand. All in all the bracket is very well made and I will order several more to use in various configurations.
on June 11, 2012
Why does this bracket not have any reviews... its excellent... solid as a rock... it fits perfectly on my panasonic gh2... it comes with a universal hot shoe (1/4-20 i believe) to attach it to your dslr cameras... roughly about 3 inches in size with adjustable triple hot shoes on the left, right and top... it is a great way to mount both my zoom h4n, my shotgun mic, and eventually a wireless lav receiver (once i get it) ... helps for when there is no one on set to hold this stuff for me.. defiantly recommend...
on November 11, 2012
I would recommend. Well built and a life saver.. Used this to mount my Zoom H1 along with two Nanguag 5400K LED Video light lamps
on April 17, 2013
This does exactly what you want it to do, and it's very durable. I had to take off one star becase the bottom mount (which connects it to the camera) can be a little frustrating, where it's difficult to fully tighten it without twisting the whole thing (so the lights, mic or whatever you're mounting are point to the side). It can be done, though, so it's a very handy piece for a good price. But if you're trying to prep quickly for a real tight shoot, don't be surprised to find yourself cursing at this thing before you get it all mounted properly.
on July 31, 2014
For my small camera Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, this is a great addition.
Does it look almost comical on such a small camera?
Well, yes...it does.
But does it serve its purpose wonderfully?
Absolutely!

Currently I have a Rode Videomic Pro attached to the top, and have used a speed light on one side. I don't currently have a field monitor, but could really see myself utilizing one on this, since the screen on the actual camera can be difficult to see under certain conditions & angles. As pictured in the item, the great part is that using an arm can let you angle things in any way needed.

I really do view this as a minimal investment, while still adding a huge amount of benefit to a camera you've likely already invested a good deal of money in. It attached to both the camera and the 'additions' very snugly, so you don't have to fear of anything coming loose.
VINE VOICEon January 14, 2016
This is like an ethernet hub but for your hotshoe devices. It's so versatile that it's one thing you will want to keep in your gear bag if you have more than one hotshoe device you want to use at the same time. It's solid machined metal and a precision product.
on September 16, 2013
I read several reviews on this item and the item turned out to be just Perfect There are many products out there that say they can This one I call the sleeper no big boast no clamber no hoopla I guess like most things that really work Just don't have to HAY IM HERE
Built of metal with a very good coating will last a very long time . Only one thing Concerns Me Would I Place this onto My camera hot shoe with all the attachments Probably not. The hot shoe of my camera wasn't built for this in my Humble opinion. The triple hot shoe Bracket is much stronger. AHH But would it work Yes of Course it would. Then the question becomes why did you buy the thing? That's easy to use it with my camera of course but not on the hot shoe. Then how? on a secure bracket that will hold my camera and the triple hot shoe on top . C B Brackets has flash brackets without Flip feature or if you have the flip put an angle wedge securely to the flip part of your bracket. not to mention a tripod but this is fairly stationary without a dolly. Use your Imagination and you will be surprised with what presents itself. The bracket is made to last so make it work for you