5.0 out of 5 stars it DOES fit!
I bought the Cambro 12 qt. tub to use for bread dough mixing and was concerned about some other reviews about difficulties with the fit of the lid. It fits perfectly. Snug, but not too tight. Any problems that may have existed appear to be fixed.
Published 7 months ago by ewe-mexico

2.0 out of 5 stars Camwear Seal Cover
Published on June 5, 2010 by Lucia Vanhoof

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Camwear Seal Cover, June 5, 2010
The only gripe I have about this product is that it's being marketed as a lid that fits both a 6qt. and 8qt. Cambro Round Storage Containers and it does not. A while back I purchased a combo deal from Amazon that included a 6 qt. Cambro Round Storage Container, a Camwear Seal Cover and the book," Artisan Bread in Five Minutes". This lid did not fit the 6qt. Round container.

So, if you need a cover for a 6qt. Cambro Round Storage Container, don't buy this lid. It doesn't fit.

Amazon did refund my money back which I appreciate very much.

Thank you.

1.0 out of 5 stars does not fit, January 17, 2013
This review is from: Camwear Seal Cover for 12, 18 & 22 Quart Camwear Round Food Storage Containers (Kitchen)
Beware This cover does not fit the 12 qt polycarbonate container.I purchased and had to return. I was not charged for the cover but was charged for shipping.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but doesn't seal tightly without some effort, April 10, 2010
Susan (Bethesda, MD USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this seal cover for my 6-quart Camwear round container, and after leaving it ajar for 48 hours, decided to close it tightly, as OK'd in the ABin5 book. It wouldn't seal without a lot of work, so I ran it under warm water to soften the edge, and then it seemed fine. Still, for what it costs ... even here on Amazon where the price is quite good ... it ought to work better.

5.0 out of 5 stars it DOES fit!, January 20, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars not happy with lid, December 3, 2012
The lid did not fit properly on the cannister and good not find a solution to the cannister problem in general

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit, June 23, 2011
I have bought this lid three times trying to find one that fit the 6 qt Cambro round. It says on the tab it fits CW Round, which is not the number of the Cambro Round. Can't find the lid for the Cambro. My original lid fit but when I go back to what I ordered it yields this lid which does not fit. Obviously, Cambro has changed the lid between 2009 and now. I am most discouraged. The only possibility seems to be to make a slit in the container so it will expand to the lid. I feel badly used by Cambro.

5.0 out of 5 stars As of 6/8 Qt Lid does fit Cambro 6 pt!, March 21, 2014
I'm not sure why there are so many dividing reviews on this, perhaps quality is not consistent? But as of February 2014, my 6 & 8 qt lid FITS the Cambro 6 qt around container PERFECTLY. The lid fits rather effortlessly (I just press it down around the edge just like any plastic container with lids) and tightly (it never pops loose while my slow rising no-knead bread dough rises). I cannot be any happier with the purchase! I have been washing the lid by hand in soapy water, never in the dishwasher as I'm afraid it might warp.

These are the items I got on Amazon on February 19, 2014:
- Camwear Seal Cover for 6 & 8 Quart Camwear Round Food Storage Containers. Item # B001AG5AOY
- Cambro Round 6-Quart Storage Container, Clear. Item # B0001MRUUU).

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what this fits., January 19, 2014
Does not fit the RFS8 PP 8 Quart Cambro, even though it says it does. Looks like a good lid, if it fit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT fit, January 11, 2014
This product does NOT fit - "Cambro RFS6PP190 Polypropylene Round Food Storage Container, 6-Quart, Translucent"
I ordered this lid and the container, it does not fit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Brittle, January 10, 2014
I use my cambros to store bread dough, and I have had two of these lids shatter because of rising dough. I appreciate the tight fit of the lids, but they could be much more durable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›