4.0 out of 5 stars Very large, great storage.
Excellent container for general food storage. I have 2, 4, 8, and 12 quart sizes that I use to store dry goods like flour and sugar. They are a lot easier to scoop out of than a typical flour/sugar jar and seal better as well. They are also easier to clean and keep clean than a lot of other storage options.

Two things to keep in mind, get the correct size for...
Published on October 22, 2008 by C. Harley

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprise! No lid.
I should have read the reviews. I assumed this came with a lid and it doesnt. Oops. Otherwise just fine.
Published 9 months ago by Suzanne Mariani

4.0 out of 5 stars Very large, great storage., October 22, 2008
C. Harley (Cleveland, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Camwear Polycarbonate Square Food Storage container, 12 Quart (Kitchen)

Two things to keep in mind, get the correct size for what you intend to store and don't forget to purchase lids. They need to be bought separately for each container, which is kind of annoying.

I use the 12-quart for long term storage of beer grain. It seals better than any other large container that I have tried. I originally purchased this for flour storage, but I found that the 8-quart is a better size for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars I WOULDN'T BE WITHOUT THEM, January 25, 2009
Canthespam (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
i have used these for years. I bought them at restaurant supply stores, but so many of them are gone now ;-( I mainly use them when I make large batches of stews, soups, etc. either in my slower cooker or on the stove. I put the food in my 6 qt. container, cool in the sink in iced water, store overnight in the fridge, and skim the fat off. Plus slow cooked foods always taste better the next day. Then I serve what I want now, and put the rest in individual FoodSaver bags and freeze. These come in round and square sizes. The round use clear tops and the square, the colored snap on tops. The clear plastic tops on these are not suitable for freezing, just storing on shelves andin the refrigerator. The 6 qt. round is good for making Artisian Bread In Five Minutues A Day dough and storing in the refrigerator.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for brining fried chicken., November 16, 2012
This is an absolutely huge container. I use this container to brine chicken in buttermilk. I can fit 4 chickens in here (deconstructed into wings, thighs, breasts, drumsticks). It's a great container that doesn't overwhelm my fridge with wasted space. I didn't purchase a lid for this container because i just cover with saran wrap when brining (12 - 24 hours). I also love that this can fit in my dishwasher when I am done.

I think you could fit a smaller ~10lb whole turkey in here vertically. The limiting factor is the width/depth of the container.

Thanks for taking the time to read my review, and I hope you found it helpful in making a purchase decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect sous vide immersion bath, for Nomiku, January 21, 2014
Moe Rubenzahl (Santa Clara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
With sous vide cooking, food in a plastic pouch is cooked in a precise temperature water bath. The heater that produces the precise temperature, in my case a Nomiku, works in various pots and containers but many vessels are too shallow or they are too big. I wanted a container that is 8-9 inches deep and 8 inches or so on a side. This is perfect!

I bought the lid, too, and cut it to fit the Nomiku. That prevents evaporation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to find a lid..., July 21, 2011
I bought this container to slowly rise dough in my refrigerator, and it's everything it's supposed to be. These are the same containers I used to use when I worked in a professional kitchen, and they're very durable. They're fairly scratch resistant, and they don't 'yellow'. I was disappointed, however, that I couldn't buy a lid with it under my $25 free shipping umbrella - the lids don't come through Amazon, it's a separate supplier, and the shipping costs almost as much as the lid itself! Luckily for me there's a used restaurant supplier nearby and I was able to pick up two brand-new lids ($2 ea.) and another 4 qt. container ($4.25) and now I've got two complete bins for less than the price of shipping the one lid alone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sous Vide tank, May 22, 2014
This container is really well made and is perfect for Sous Vide cooking larger items. I use the 12 quart container by Camwear at least once a week with the Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator. Salmon is perfect every time and I've never had inexpensive steaks turn out so tender and perfectly cooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, December 9, 2011
I bought this container to brine my Thanksgiving turkey in. I had to laugh when it came because it is probably too small to brine a chicken in ... which is totally my fault for ordering such a small one, but I was unsure on the sizing. Just note: if you are planning to brine a turkey, order one at least TWICE this big. That being said, the container is excellent quality and I will use it a lot. I bought the lid also (glad I did!), but thought it should have been included in the price of the container! The lid was difficult to get on, but does close very securely. The measurements are a large print and easy to read. So far I have used the container to marinate pork chops, and mix up my Chex mix. I put all the cereal, nuts and pretzels in it, then poured the butter and spices over all, snapped on the lid and then tumbled and shook the container to get all the cereal coated. Worked great. I will be buying another LARGER one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed!!, April 29, 2012
nancy b (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This is a great vessel for brining or marinating meat and poultry. The square shape lends itself nicely so there is even application of liquid around each bit. It also is a handy size to have for stock as it cools so that it can be defatted and then portioned out. It cleans up beautifully in the dishwasher too. The only gripe is the price. Doing a little research after the fact, I found the local restaurant supply house carries this product for about 1/3 of the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 lbs of sugar, March 5, 2014
I like to buy in bulk but i also like to store in containers as opposed to the plastic or paper bag the product comes in. I bought a 10-lb bag of sugar and none of my 4qt and under containers could hold the entire 10lbs. I went online to try to find a product that clearly told me that it would hold either 10lbs of flour or sugar and then I knew I would be set. Long story short i couldnt find one.

I had the 8qt version of this container that i use to brine whole chickens. I took the container down dumped the 10lbs of sugar into and it came up to just beyond the 5.5 qt line.

Problem solved I now knew I needed to by a container that was at least 6 qts.

Stores the sugar great. The container is very sturdy. There is more than enough room to get my measuring cup in there for a full scoop and sweep. Stores nicely as well.

I am very happy with this container.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, August 17, 2009
J. York (Cypress, TX United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This is a very simple and basic product and yet performs its function well. I use it to marinade large amounts of meats for grilling. The construction is solid and it seems like it could take a fair amount of abuse. I frequently see this product in-use by chef's on the Food Network (which is originally what made me hunt for it). I bought it with the lid and it too works nicely.

I'm very satisfied with this product and expect it to last a very long time.