Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

Package Quantity: 1|Size: 6 Quart|Change

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on October 22, 2008
Excellent container for general food storage. I have 2, 4, 8, and 12 quart sizes that I use to store dry goods like flour and sugar. They are a lot easier to scoop out of than a typical flour/sugar jar and seal better as well. They are also easier to clean and keep clean than a lot of other storage options.

Two things to keep in mind, get the correct size for what you intend to store and don't forget to purchase lids. They need to be bought separately for each container, which is kind of annoying.

I use the 12-quart for long term storage of beer grain. It seals better than any other large container that I have tried. I originally purchased this for flour storage, but I found that the 8-quart is a better size for that.
on June 8, 2014
For the price this works exactly as advertised. I use it in conjunction with the Anova Sous Vide Immersion cooker, and it works like a champ. The only negative I have, and the only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5, is that it comes with a sticker on the side of it that is nearly impossible to remove. I'm sure some "goo-b-gone" would have done the trick, but I shouldn't have to deal with that on a new storage container. Overall this works great, and I will be sure to update this review if the performance changes over time.
on February 7, 2015
Exactly the right height for our ANOVA sous vide. Can comfortably fit a large roast or a mid sized bird and still allows for adequate circulation of the water for even cooking. We have also used this product to brine meat- all in all a very sturdy and not too cumbersome size. Any larger and it wouldn't fit on the counter. Great size for a home kitchen.
on July 19, 2012
As a recent disciple of the authors of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking,' I wanted to get to the breadmaking without having to purchase the entire list of equipment. For those who peruse the book and just want to get started, I'd highly recommend this storage container (or another in the Camwear family) for your dough-doubling needs.

This container's polycarbonate is sturdy -- a perfect fit for the challenge of stirring up sometimes hefty bread doughs. In fact, I've even accidently dropped it on the kitchen floor and it emerged unscathed. I didn't give any thought to the benefit of the container's measurement markings until I discovered the convenience of 'knowing' exactly how much doughs had risen. It's a great added bonus!

The 4-quart version of this product is most convenient when halving the bread dough recipes, for a yield of about two baked loaves. Additionally, it fits neatly in my refrigerator without taking over an entire shelf.

Best companian product: COVER SQUARE GREEN 2/4 QT, EA, 11-0324 CAMBRO MANUFACTURING CO DISPLAY TRAYS AND CR
on December 29, 2013
I marinated a 15-lb turkey with this last minute purchase to save the day. It only took up 3/4 the space, I suspect I could probably put a 20-lb bird in this bad boy next year. This container is tall, so expect to remove a shelf from your fridge to make room for it.
on December 4, 2014
I bought this to use with my Anova sous vide cooker. It's probably a bit larger than I needed. I could have gotten by with a 12 qt. This container is fairly sturdy, but have 2 minor issues with it - 1) The label on the container didn't come off cleanly. 2) The red markings on the side have discolored in a weird and random way. I don't recall if it came this way or happened during use.
on December 11, 2013
Larger than it looks in the photos. I bought this for my sous vide heater and it works great.

My only complaint is it came with a couple stickers on the outside that didn't remove cleanly. Some goo gone and alcohol got them off, but it was a minor annoyance that I'm deducting a star for.

I also recommend the lid, which you can purchase separately.
on October 22, 2008

on July 31, 2011
Love this-- but I'm giving it four stars because the lid is sold separately. And the lid costs ALMOST as much as the container itself. :oP A bit of a rip off, I think. But the container itself is great for brining meats (which is what we bought it for). Perfect size for a large whole chicken.
on December 30, 2013
I've found these light, clear and sturdy containers to be indispensable for storing dry goods for baking. Scooping is a breeze and practically mess free. The Cambro lid is a good fit - albeit not an airtight one - which comes in handy when you make frequent visits for flour. If you like to cook for a crowd, you won't regret having these around as they are ideal for marinading or storing prepared foods such as salads and stews. A must for any caterer or serious home cook. Plus they are relatively easy to clean.