5.0 out of 5 stars create the life YOU want!
Published on February 6, 2005 by Joellen Corrocher

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too much time spent on the negative???
Published on August 26, 2009 by Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars create the life YOU want!, February 6, 2005
This review is from: I Can Do It (Hardcover)
This is a book with the book-on-tape, read by the author, enclosed. I CAN DO IT is all about affirmations and changing your life with affirmations. The spoken word on this CD is incredibly powerful. Louise supportivly walks the reader (and listener) through a discussion on the usefulness of affirmations for several areas including health, wealth/prosperity, job happiness, relationships, self-esteem and stress. She then gives sample affirmations for each catagory. I listen to the CD when I drive, as suggested on the CD cover, and I feel empowered to create the life I want! I drive around saying affirations out loud, including "I am totally adequate for all situations", so empowering!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritually Uplifting Messages, January 8, 2004
This review is from: I Can Do It Cards (Beautiful Card Deck) (Cards)
"I've written these cards as a way to help you create joy in every area of your life. You can experience wealth, health, romance, self-esteem, job success, creativity, and a life released from resentment and pain." ~Louise L. Hay, author of You Can Heal Your Life

If you are looking for a way to create more happiness in your life, these cards can inspire you on a daily basis. The beautiful tiny box holds 60 affirmation cards a variety of subjects. You can read about romance, wealth, health, forgiveness, creativity, overcoming stress, job success and self-esteem.

Lately I've started to believe that you truly do hold the keys to your future. You can literally dream your future into life. Although, I am also convinced that you need a lot of encouraging books and encouraging people in your life to overcome life's immense and at times overwhelming hurdles. If you can find just one person who believes in you and a few books that bring an encouraging message into your life, you really can heal your world.

Louise Hay shows this positive philosophy in her "I Can Do It Cards." There are immediate and essential things you must do to heal your life. One of them is to encourage yourself daily. You can't give up and let yourself fall back into negative patterns that are defeating and harmful to your life. These cards encourage you to look at your life in a more positive way.

The first card says: "Love is all there is!"
Then, on the back: "Love is powerful - your love and my love. Love brings us peace on Earth."

I adore this card:

"I love myself exactly as I am. I no longer wait to be perfect in order to love myself."
Back of Card: "The greatest gift I can give myself is unconditional love."

While we often hear that we should love others "unconditionally," but how many times do we hear that we should love "ourselves unconditionally?" These cards are a wonderful reminder. The colors (lavender, blue, pink, yellow, green and orange) on these cards are beautiful and there are pictures on both sides. There are pictures of steaming cups of tea, sandy beaches, butterflies, angels, lots of hearts, treasure chests, flowers, birds, stars and I even found a picture of Louise's book: "You Can Heal Your Life."

The "I now do work I love, and I am well paid for it" card sounds just wonderful and I hope that reading this card will make some of my dreams come true in 2004.

Louise L. Hay is a metaphysical lecturer and the best-selling author of 27 books. Her works have been translated into 25 languages.

The "I Can Do It Cards" may just be what you need to move to a higher level in your awareness of life. There are so many beautiful places we can go. Sometimes we just need a little motivation. You can put these cards on your refrigerator, in your pocket, on a bulletin board, leave one on a co-workers desk or even slip them into a card for a friend. In that case, you might need two boxes. :)

~The Rebecca Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Book about positive affirmations, July 13, 2005
This review is from: I Can Do It (Hardcover)
We have all heard about positive affirmations. This book is the only one - I was able to find - that will teach you how to do affirmations properly. Illustrations on the book are beautiful. And the book itself is so small one can carry it in the purse, or a pocket. I was pleasantly suprised to find out that book had a CD in it. So, if you just feel like listening to Ms. Hay's pleasant voice you can just do that and still find it calming and fulfilling. You will look at your life differently. Once I finished the book, I went ahead and bought Louise Hay's "Wisdom Cards". I just like the way she explains things and the way she teaches we should live our life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden Wisdom and Insight, October 22, 2004
Barbara Rose (BornToInspire.com) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: I Can Do It (Hardcover)
Louise Hay is a legend and a true inspiration. This book is no exception. Through the pages, you will find hope, inspiration, and meaning. This is the kind of book where no matter what page you open, you will find something that will uplift your consciousness and you life. "I Can Do It" is a timeless classic. On page 49 it states: "There aren't any problems that don't have solutions. There aren't any questions without answers." And then there is wonderful wisdom and guidance that follows. This book will make a great gift, especially to one very special person - YOU.

Barbara Rose, Ph.D. author of Stop Being the String Along: A Relationship Guide to Being THE ONE and Know Yourself: A Woman's Guide to Wholeness, Radiance & Supreme Confidence

5.0 out of 5 stars I Can Do It: How to Use Affirmations to Change Your Life, May 21, 2004
Karen Banks (Greensboro, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Can Do It (Hardcover)
Louise Hay is an inspirational lady that I admire. I listen to her CD in my car everyday instead of listening to the radio or music. It is an incredible way of realizing how fortunate we are in life. Most importantly that we can create anything we want in life. Good or bad. It is a choice. Louise helps to make the right choices and to believe. Afterall, she never finished high school and came from an abused home. Look at her success. One day I hope I am fortunate enough to meet her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great affirmations!, August 29, 2005
Sue Ann Smith (Fairfax, Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Can Do It (Hardcover)
This is a really nice book filled with positive affirmations that are positive, and life affirming. It's easy to read, and I love just picking it up and opening it to any page where there is always a message for me that I can use to make my life better. It also makes a nice gift because it's colorful and cheerful. It's one of the better affirmation books I've read. I really enjoyed it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too much time spent on the negative???, August 26, 2009
Rose (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Can Do It (Hardcover)
I have really appreciated all that Louise Hay's has done throughout the years, but the CD that comes with the book spends way too much time on the negative. I thought it was suppose to be inspiring affirmations. Instead, each track starts out for the first couple of minutes on how bad we are, I can't even listen to the CD. I can see mentioning on the first track that we need to be aware of how many negative thoughts are ruling us then go onto how we can improve those negative thoughts. You are supposed to focus on what you do want so I guess I will have to make my own CD. I still appreciate all Louise Hays has done, this review is just to express my confusion on what I thought I was purchasing, "positive affirmations"?

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Tape to Listen to Every Day!!!!, August 6, 2011
This review is from: I Can Do It (Hardcover)
I have jumped on the Louise Hay bandwagon looking to find out why I am where I am in life!! I have been in between work for the past three years and needed some help to change this for myself. All her books.CD's has been incredibly helpful. "You Can Heal Your Life" and "Power Within You" are both a good start. Once you have read either one of them I REALLY recommend getting "I Can Do It" book with the CD in the back. I listen to it every day and I tell you it REALLY works and helps you get into the right frame of mind. It covers several topics and you can choose to listen to whatever chapter you want to work on the most. I have already seen results from being unemployed to getting a high paying freelance project and excited to watch what happens next! I have recommened and bought this CD for several friends also!! (Just a quick note, I have bought many of the cd's and I love to listen to them all, but this one is one of the BEST in the bunch should you want to buy one!!) Enjoy and peace be with you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful CD to Change Your Life, November 5, 2006
This review is from: I Can Do It (Hardcover)
This CD is excellent for changing one's negative thought processes into more positive ones. I use it for myself, but also suggest it for my psychotherapy clients. I love Louise's voice and the pacing of this CD. It's great for all areas of your life, including health, prosperity, relationships, etc. I cannot recommend it enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Please listen to the CD for a few weeks, June 17, 2007
This review is from: I Can Do It (Hardcover)
It was hard to listen to at first, I was alone and I giggled. But kept an open mind and now I'm so glad I did. The whole thing is great but the biggest change in my life was how I view stress now. My shoulders aren't in my ears anymore. I feel so much better and I hope you will too.

I Can Do It Cards (Beautiful Card Deck)
I Can Do It Cards (Beautiful Card Deck) by Louise L. Hay (Cards - December 10, 2002)
$15.95 $13.00