5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Witness..
Published on May 12, 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Practical
This book offered practical advice for women concerning depression, the symptoms, and the treatments, but I found it difficult to just sit down and read straight through this book. I was able to skim through it and pick out information, but I believe that Sisters of the Yam and Willow Weep for Me were easier to read and offered advice in a contextual form.
Published on July 31, 2000 by D. Germaine Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Witness.., May 12, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Can I Get a Witness?: Black Women and Depression (Paperback)
A book worth reading...For any woman who thinks she's losing her mind, going crazy, or just can't figure out what's wrong, this is the book for you. Before reading "Can I Get A Witness", I thought I was the only woman living on DEPRESSION island. The author wrote of her own experience and that made me feel like I was sitting and talking with my girlfriends, instead of reading a book written by a therapist. The other women's stories were deeply personal and helpful. While reading, I felt like Dr. Boyd had put all my thoughts down on paper. Finally, someone knew what I was feeling....I had been planning on seeing a doctor but I was too embarrassed and ashamed. I know longer feel that way.
Rawbie

3.0 out of 5 stars Practical, July 31, 2000
This review is from: Can I Get a Witness? (Hardcover)

4.0 out of 5 stars The truth about Black women and Depression., November 27, 2012
It's about time someone talked about it, instead of sweeping it under the rug, as it was seldomly done in the past.

ARRAY(0x9e28bf90)

Can I Get a Witness?: Black Women and Depression
Can I Get a Witness?: Black Women and Depression by Julia A. Boyd (Paperback - October 1, 1999)
Used & New from: $0.01