Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Deal of the Day

on May 12, 2000
A book worth reading...For any woman who thinks she's losing her mind, going crazy, or just can't figure out what's wrong, this is the book for you. Before reading "Can I Get A Witness", I thought I was the only woman living on DEPRESSION island. The author wrote of her own experience and that made me feel like I was sitting and talking with my girlfriends, instead of reading a book written by a therapist. The other women's stories were deeply personal and helpful. While reading, I felt like Dr. Boyd had put all my thoughts down on paper. Finally, someone knew what I was feeling....I had been planning on seeing a doctor but I was too embarrassed and ashamed. I know longer feel that way.
Rawbie
on July 31, 2000
This book offered practical advice for women concerning depression, the symptoms, and the treatments, but I found it difficult to just sit down and read straight through this book. I was able to skim through it and pick out information, but I believe that Sisters of the Yam and Willow Weep for Me were easier to read and offered advice in a contextual form.
on November 27, 2012
It's about time someone talked about it, instead of sweeping it under the rug, as it was seldomly done in the past.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Customers who viewed this also viewed
Willow Weep for Me: A Black Woman's Journey Through Depression
Willow Weep for Me: A Black Woman's Journey Through Depression by Meri Nana-Ama Danquah (Paperback - February 17, 1998)
$19.20

Shifting: The Double Lives of Black Women in America
Shifting: The Double Lives of Black Women in America by Charisse Jones (Paperback - July 27, 2004)
$11.18

In the Company of My Sisters: Black Women and Self-Esteem
In the Company of My Sisters: Black Women and Self-Esteem by Julia A. Boyd (Hardcover - November 1, 1993)