Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Can I connect a usb keybaord
asked by Chupacabra on March 15, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
It's a little touchy with USB keyboards. Some work, some don't, and I haven't found one that works with all apps. If you have a keyboard you want to connect, try using the front USB port.
Aaron Oppliger answered on March 16, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The answer is, "Yes, but...."

You can plug a USB keyboard into the front USB port, but it is only active when there is a search box displayed, but not all of the search boxes work and not all keys work. For instance, you can search YouTube, but have to use the keyboard in conjunction with the remote to navigate once you get the search results. The keyboard does not work at all with Amazon Instant Video's search. In the Web browser, you can move around the screen with the arrow keys to highlight clickable areas, but will have to use the remote to actually click.

Sony stopped just short of making it useful. Then again, without a zoom function in the browser, many sites are all but unreadable, anyway.
William Machrone answered on March 16, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There is a USB connection port on the front of the Blue Ray player, if one has wireless internet you could use this port for a keyboard, otherwise if you don't have wireless internet, you would have to use this port for your LAN cable. Hope this helps. I still LOVE this player! And it streams movies flawlessly......
Tisha answered on March 16, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product