Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 60 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 24, 2010 5:43:17 AM PDT
C. Perry says:
I bought a CD from AMZ DL service in January and had a computer crash in MArch... is there a way I can re download the songs now or am I just out the money I spent on it now?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2010 8:50:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2010 8:51:05 AM PDT
LazyBoy83 says:
You have to redownload the album and pay for it again. you should always back up your purchases as soon as possible on CD-R, iPods, MP3 Players, external hard drives (like "click-free" which i use), etc as they will not allow for additional downloads once it's on your computer.

Posted on Aug 8, 2010 8:57:40 PM PDT
Thanks for the warning, Ill be sure to not pick up any more songs from Amazon, no redownloads is bad news.
Google's service will be up and running at the end of the year.

Posted on Aug 9, 2010 3:26:02 PM PDT
C. Perry says:
thanks LazyBoy

Posted on Aug 14, 2010 2:21:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 14, 2010 2:30:08 PM PDT
LazyBoy83 says:
No problem guys. your welcome. just remember that it's not just Amazon MP3 that has this policy. the iTunes Store, Wal-Mart Downloads, Napster, Rhapsody, and a few other download services all have the same policy. once purchased downloads are on your computer they cannot be downloaded a second time. with Napster if you purchased WMA downloads before May 2008 you can redownload them for free if they're not present on your hard drive or if you bought a new computer. it's best to back up purchases as soon as possible. you can use CD-R or DVD-/+R but i highly recommend external hard drives for easier restoring through USB. i use Click-Free for my backup. theres nothing wrong with downloading music and video from Amazon or the other services i mentioned, just make sure you back them up right after they're finished downloading so you know they're safe. hope this helps :-).

Posted on Sep 4, 2010 9:29:18 AM PDT
S. Walters says:
That is ridiculous! Amazon lets you re-download movies, TV shows, and kindle books you buy. Audible lets you download audio books you have previously downloaded. Do you know of a service that allows re-download? I want my files in the cloud.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2010 3:43:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2010 3:49:14 PM PDT
LazyBoy83 says:
Besides Napster with the previously purchased WMA files i don't know of any other legal music download store that offers replacements in the case they're lost or deleted due to accidental or a hard drive crash. for example i own the complete first Season of "Friday Night Lights" (Amazon Video On demand files) that i got for free from promotional movie credits, from buying movies on here, and those files are in WMV format. my computer finally decided to crash after not even 4 years and i lost my stuff. got a new hard drive and restored my Amazon Video On Demand files from my Click-Free backup and could'nt play them. signed into Amazon and the files started working. i'm 100% sure these files are DRM protected. that might be why your able to redownload them. same with movies and kindle books i suppose. purchased MP3's have no restrictions whatsoever, just the song ID number, publishing & copyright year the songs were made in, and the composer/song writing credits to the songs embedded in the files which i like. the record companies see it like this -----> "Ok...so you customers are tired of our DRM on the music you actually paid for correct?. Ok...we'll make DRM free MP3's that you can play anywhere, "But"...once you buy our files we will not do anything for you once it's on your hard drive. you back them up or risk losing your investment!!!!!. either buy our DRM encoded WMA's, where you'll have limited choices of playback and a limited number of burns to CD, but we'll let you re-download them in the case of a hard drive failure, or buy our non-DRM MP3's and back them up ASAP as we will not help you in the future whatsover in the case your hard drive fails." <----- That's pretty much the mind mentality of these record companies. this is one of the reasons why i pretty much still continue to by CD's fresh of the shelves because of crap like this. with buying a hard copy you get the physical CD w/ uncompressed audio, the real cd booklet, case, and artwork. no headaches and no stupid DRM. i only by from Amazon MP3 or iTunes music strore when the album is an exclusive edition with extra tracks, videos, and if it comes with the iTunes LP feature. that's pretty much where i draw the line buying music digitally.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2010 1:04:38 PM PDT
The Max says:
walmart.com does

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2010 1:00:30 PM PST
Joel Livsey says:
In my experience with iTunes, they have always easily allowed me to redownload music that I purchased from them.

Posted on Nov 26, 2010 2:37:21 PM PST
Keva Pratt says:
thanks guys any recent suggestions on companies who ARE offering re-downloadable music ?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2010 3:02:10 AM PST
David Lewis says:
7digital.com has a digital locker and allows re-downloads at any time

Posted on Jan 3, 2011 5:49:27 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 3, 2011 7:24:13 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2011 4:17:01 AM PST
Jo says:
except my back-ups are on an external drive, which no longer works. *sighs*

Posted on Mar 20, 2011 11:52:17 AM PDT
JB in SLC says:
Legal sounds dot com allows redownloads. Although its russian based website, in english of course, i have not had any issues over the last five years using thier service.

Only problem you might get is credit card denials because fraud protection kicks in.

Music is encoded well, mostly 192 but some tunes are available at a higher rate.

Lastly, and most important. $.09 cost per song! Usually album cost is $.99.

They get by this legally because you pay for music in rupals or whatever currency thees russian countries use.

Until a decent US service becomes available, my cents are going overseas.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2011 7:55:39 AM PDT
PilotBob says:
Of course the recently opened Cloud Drive solves the problem. Your purchased music is placed on your personal Cloud Drive space and you can d/l it whenever you want. Also, any MP3's you buy from Amazon and have them put right on your cloud drive doesn't cost against your free 5GB storage limit.

Posted on May 7, 2011 6:27:01 AM PDT
It must depend who you talk to, because they did it for me. I almost didn't try after reading this thread. By I emailed Amazon Customer Service and told them that I downloaded it and then I got a computer virus and it was lost. The rep emailed me back that he reset it for me and I could go in and download it again, which I did.

It's funny, even though I told them that I did download it and then I got the virus, the rep said, 'I'm sorry the download of the album was not successful.'

But I was able to redownload it.

Posted on May 24, 2011 1:48:00 AM PDT
GrangerFX says:
Since I paid for and legally own the music, I guess that there is no problem redownloading any music I lost from thepiratebay.org.

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 5:12:46 PM PDT
Bamjoker says:
This kinda crap is why people don't trust digital content and it only hurts there brand. I'm glad I havn't bought much from them in digital content and now I never will again.

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 9:35:38 AM PDT
I see... I won't be using amazon again for music then.

Posted on Jun 19, 2011 8:27:01 AM PDT
Harrison says:
Now that iTunes is allowing you to redownload anything you've purchased, anyone know if there are any plans for Amazon to follow suit?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2011 8:42:42 AM PDT
B Wesley says:
This is misinformation. I have bought and redownloaded all kinds of music and apps from iTunes music store. It would be financially impossible to re-buy my catalog again and again.

The whole point of digital download service is to NOT USE physical media. Who wants to burn a DVD (4.7GB of storage) for a 5MB song?

Posted on Jul 13, 2011 5:25:49 PM PDT
Wow, that puts a very big end to my amazon dealings. I bought and downloaded 4 albums last night. Today my HD died after a windows update/restart. I'm trying to get my data back from the HD and logged into Amazon in order to begin rebuilding my music folder.

Big thumbs down guys.

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 10:17:41 PM PDT
Student says:
Amazon needs to change this policy. Even iTunes allows re-downloads up to a certain number of times now. This policy has outlived its usefulness... Get rid of it!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2011 6:29:22 PM PDT
yep its ridiculous i agree but to clarify about napster tracks-----its not true i just bought a bunch had to format my ipod and then transfered my playlist back w/o paying a 2nd time.

Posted on Aug 19, 2011 6:17:02 AM PDT
Erik Huntoon says:
I just recently had a hard drive fail on me and that had all my music on it. I had 95% or better of that backed up at home, but discovered an album I had purchased from Amazon is not there. This policy is pretty ridiculous if you really think about it. I can right now go and look up my order for this album on Amazon which means they can easily see I legitimately own a digital copy. There is no reason I should not be able to sign in and have an option to re-download it. This is a case of the music industry banking on the fact that people just don't do a good job of backing things up and that there will always be a sucker to go out and re-purchase their music. It's this attitude that has driven a lot of people to pirate music.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  52
Total posts:  60
Initial post:  Apr 24, 2010
Latest post:  6 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
WWE The Music - A New Day, Volume 10 (Amazon MP3 Exclusive)
WWE The Music - A New Day, Volume 10 (Amazon MP3 Exclusive) by Various Artists
4.5 out of 5 stars   (63)