Customer Discussions > Mario Kart 7 forum

Can Mario Kart 7 for 3DS be played on regular DS?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 31, 2011 5:18:46 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2011 7:30:40 AM PDT
J.V. says:
It can't. All 3DS games can ONLY be played on the 3DS.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2011 5:42:19 PM PST
Tan says:
Does anyone know if there is regional coding on 3ds games - I want to purchase from Amazon in America but we are in Australia???

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2011 6:36:23 PM PST
Colin George says:
I believe 3DS games are region-locked.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 2:01:20 AM PST
1. No it can't be played on the DS, 3DS games are only played on a 3DS system while DS games can be played on both the DS and the 3DS system.
2. Yes the 3ds is region locked, you have to get an australian version of the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2011 11:59:09 PM PST
Risa Teshima says:
No. Only at 3DS console.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2011 12:01:03 AM PST
Risa Teshima says:
No. Theres 3 kinds of region lock (US, Japan and Australia/Europe)
You have to buy games at the same country that you bought your console

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 12:28:30 PM PST
H. Amireh says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 9:29:39 PM PST
I thought that the region lock thing was something only Xbox and Sony still did. I live in the states,and both times I went to Europe I bought a new DS game, and it works on my DS just fine...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 5:58:22 AM PST
Gamemaster64 says:
DS and below on handhelds were region free. DSi games I think and 3DS games have been region lock.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 6:14:15 AM PST
Akira says:
3DS is region locked on 3DS games. It plays NON-3DS games just fine!

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 9:16:01 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 13, 2011 9:16:27 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 11:43:22 AM PST
meganick says:
At this point, can we all just lie to people and tell them that 3DS games can be played on the original DS?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2011 1:29:53 PM PST
T. Beck says:
You need serious help......

Message to All:
BEWARE! They live among us.

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 5:24:00 PM PST
Solway says:
Yes it can. Go out and buy it.

...do you think that will keep them quiet?

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 12:58:35 PM PST
L. Silva says:
Can you play DS games on a Gameboy Advance?

herp derp. nope.

it's the next gen of handhelds

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 9:36:33 AM PST
Brendan says:
Can I play my 3ds games on my PsP? What about my macbook pro, or pc, or my ps3, xbox, or wii, or ipad, or iphone, or ipod, or gameboy advance, can I stick the game cartridge in the dishwasher and have it play? It just seems like all by electronic devices should be able to play my newly released nintendo 3ds games.....

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 3:37:02 PM PST
ZX 1971 says:
People are still confused by the name, thinking a 3DS is just a 3D version of the regular DS. This is further complicated by the fact a 3DS can play DS games. While the name seems fittingly perfect, Nintendo should have realized that after the DS, DS Lite, DSi, and DSi XL, non-gamers would just assume the 3DS was another DS upgrade.

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 5:28:16 PM PST
Solway says:
Except that people knew the difference between Gameboy>Gameboy Pocket and Gameboy>Gameboy Advance

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 9:23:05 PM PST
I'm not sure how obvious all that Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, etc., stuff was to people who didn't already own one of them.

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 9:35:06 PM PST
B. Hoover says:
Who cares. None of this is rocket science. If this many people still cannot figure out the difference between this generation and the last, I might as well hang myself in the basement to save myself the grief of having to interact with these people.

And it's ok to cheat, google isn't hard to use unless you're retarded. Survey says if you can figure out how to post a topic on amazon, you know how to look something up on google.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 9:07:28 PM PST
IrishEyes says:
Some of us have never played a DS! We are just hoping to make a kid happy on Christmas morning. Maybe you should just take it easy, be nice!! You need to get a life so you don't get worked up over a simple question.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 9:12:54 PM PST
ZX 1971 says:
No need to look down on people who are not game-savvy. Just today when I was shopping in the electronics section of a local retail store, some parents asked the retail clerk if their son would be able to play Mario Kart 7 on his regular DS. The clerk said he wasn't 100% sure, but he thought it could still be played in 2D mode. While I usually mind my own business, I kindly interjected and explained it could not be.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 4:33:42 AM PST
Reading Rob says:
Wow, a lot of rude people on this thread. It has the name DS in it, so they probably were wondering if it would work in the older systems without the 3D effect. I don't think it was a dumb question, and not worth getting upset over. Has anyone tried to cut the plastic tab off, and put a 3DS game into a regular DS? Seriously though, Nintendo could have made this work in old systems if they wanted to, but they want to move people to the new platform.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 8:27:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 8, 2011 8:27:57 AM PST
The reason that many of the forum regulars are getting annoyed with this question is because so many people ask it. There has been at least 15 threads throughout Amazon's site asking that same question since the 3DS came out. I'm not blaming any of these people, since it is their first time asking the question, I'm just explaining the situation here.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mario Kart 7 forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Oct 31, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart 7 by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (826)