5.0 out of 5 stars A great share out loud for "going green" lessons
This book is great, it provides concrete examples of what children can do to respect the Earth.
Published on December 15, 2009 by ALK

3.0 out of 5 stars Too wordy for three year olds.
My threes could not sit still for entire book, although they did like the monster. We shared with the four year old class, and they really seem to like it.
Published 16 months ago by Sand Castle

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute book, important message, May 18, 2010
D (Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Can Save the Earth!: One Little Monster Learns to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle (Little Green Books) (Paperback)
It's hard to find a fun, yet informative kids book for Earth Day. We picked up a copy of The Adventures of a Plastic Bottle: A Story About Recycling (Little Green Books) while on vacation and decided to look for more "Little Green Books" The kids giggled at both the illustrations and the story, but they also asked questions about some of the things they learned while reading it. They were particularly impressed that the book itself was made from recycled materials!

*This book was read to 2nd graders*

5.0 out of 5 stars A great share out loud for "going green" lessons, December 15, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars It taught my son to conserve!, September 29, 2008
I really enjoyed reading this book to my 5 year old son. The graphics are very cute and the message is clear for him to understand. I had trouble with him doing the very things the story mentions such as not turning off lights, wasting water, and clogging toilets.
After reading the story to him a few times, he's now very conscious of his actions. When he makes a mistake and leaves the lights on, he will even apologize for it later!

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, April 16, 2014
Just read it to the preschoolers and it held their attention. A great story, cute, and transmitted a good message for primary ears and eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recycling can be done by anyone., December 23, 2013
Children of all ages can take part in recycling. Has activities that students can go to on the computer and lists other resources available for teachers and students. This small book has colorful pictures that younger students would love to explore and information about the 3R's (Recycling, Reusing, and Reducing).

4.0 out of 5 stars Little Green Books are great for teaching kids about recycling!, July 21, 2010
Beth S. (Mansfield, TX USA) - See all my reviews
We purchased this book to help teach our kids about Earth Day and why it's important to recycle! Our boys (ages 2 & 4) loved the pictures and were inspired to help us collect the newspapers, bottles, and cans after reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids liked it, May 2, 2014
I bought this to read to my son's 1st grade class for Earth Day. It's fun and easy for them to understand, while giving them lots of ideas of how to be better to/for the environment. His teacher also loved it and said she might buy one herself. I don't buy a lot of new books, but this book is made of recycled paper and plant-based ink, so that helps. I very much recommend for that age group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for Earth Day education, January 7, 2014
This is a great book with entertaining illustrations. I used this in my classroom with 2nd grade students, and they really enjoyed reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Can Save the Earth, December 17, 2013
This is a cute and informational book about taking care of Earth. It is a great book to read to my first graders in teaching them how they can help protect and care for Earth.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun read, June 8, 2013
My class really enjoyed the character in this book. It was a fun read and we read it many times during earth week.

$3.99 $3.59