5.0 out of 5 stars What I Would Have Written Myself!
Published 18 months ago by 1+1+1=1

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
I thought there would be more. The info that was given was clear but I thought it would have been taken to a deeper level.
Published 14 months ago by Jessica

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What I Would Have Written Myself!, January 6, 2013
This review is from: I Can Teach My Child to Read: A 10-Step Guide for Parents (Kindle Edition)
I am a former Kindergarten teacher, with an early childhood ed. degree {now homeschooler} and I absolutely loved Jenae's simple and straightforward book for parents. I am also a homeschool blogger and get many questions about the basics of teaching young children to read, I will now be directing all of my readers with questions to this book! If you are clueless about how young children learn to read and really want to know the basics and feel more confident, this is the book for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book, January 8, 2013
I just devoured this book in one sitting and am so excited to use the ideas provided. My son is 3 and a half and we have been constantly amazed at his desire to learn. He recently has been asking us to teach him to read, and we were unsure of how to go about this. All the reading programs out there seem to feature rote memorization and a lot of sitting and reading drills. Definitely not for my little busy man! This book gives some great ideas for how to instill a love of reading with simple ideas that we can easily do at home and tailor to his specific needs. And I love her comments about modeling reading to your child - as a busy mom with two little boys I find it hard to just sit down and read at times, but it's great to know that when I do, I'm showing my child how enjoyable reading can be!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, February 28, 2013
I got this book on sale but even at full price it is a great value. Quick, easy read but very through. I particularly like the sections on how to choose quality children's literature, in-depth explanations of teaching phonics and how to find learning opportunities in everyday activities. It is so true that the best academy is a mother's knee. On a personal note- we've found in our house that we get a LOT more story time in (especially with multiple children and a super active 2 year old) when we read at breakfast, snacks, and lunch. Chewing mouths make for an excellent, captive audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes teaching to read easier than I thought it would be, February 20, 2013
i tried to teach my oldest son to read, and it was an abysmal failure. well, it turns out it was because i was doing it wrong. lol! this book empowers parents to teach their children to read. my 5-year-old wants to be homeschooled next school year, and now i feel that i can actually teach him to read! thanks to the author for this amazing book! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave me the confidence I needed, January 14, 2013
I am the mother of two four year olds and I am planning to homeschool all of my children (and already do so for preschool). I do not have a teaching background whatsoever and was apprehensive about teaching my boys to read. I really didn't know where to start. After reading this book it gave me some methods and made me realize that I was on the right track in teaching them to read. I feel so much more confident as their teacher now. I absolutely love to read and really want my boys to have the same passion for reading and writing. Thank you Jenae for a wonderful book and a very helpful and encouraging tool for us mothers who feel very convicted to teach our children. The list of recommended resources at the end were extremely helpful as well. I would recommend this book to anyone who is teaching or who plans to teach their child to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful, January 31, 2013
My twins learn words from "your baby can read", they finished all that dvds got very good result.and now I am thinking it's time to give them more by myself. But I am not a teacher, have no idea how to start. Thanks for this book, it really helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource for parents!, January 4, 2013
I have benefited greatly from this ebook! The 10 steps are easy to understand and implement. Jenae gives tons of ideas that make learning fun and hands-on for your little ones. This book is both theory and practice. It covers the relational side of teaching your child to read as well as the technical. It is a comprehensive and wonderful resource for parents! Definitely something I will refer back to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good strategies, May 24, 2014
I like the different approaches that the author has given. Not every strategy will work but one will definitely work for your child.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can teach my child too read: a 10 step guide for parents, September 26, 2013
It was very helpful, but I was sad that I had to print it out from her website, because it's in e-book for kindles; which I don't have. Wish she would have a bound book that I would have gladly paid more for it.
I love Jenae's website and admire all that she is doing to help us, while also teaching her own children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative!, September 1, 2013
This book has a lot of information in it that I hadn't found any where else. I can't wait to add the new information.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›