Can it be used with Windows 8?
asked by Karen Bells on March 12, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
I have it installed on a Windows 8 host. The application looks very dated but otherwise seems to run ok.
Chet Liew answered on March 12, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I could not get it working properly on Vista. I haven't tried installing it on Windows 8 but I can tell you that it is a very outdated piece of software that I cannot recommend.
F. Hankic answered on March 12, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have this software installed on a touchscreen Windows 8.1 Laptop (Dell Inspiron). I did have a problem with initial install as I needed to use "compatibility mode" for it to install. You also need to install "QuickTime" as part of this package. Once QuickTime is installed (via disk) Update it to the latest version. I was getting various error messages prior to updating QuickTime. Once QuickTime was updated, the program ran beautifully. I'm now waiting for my Yamaha Midi cable to arrive (purchased separately), so I can check the Midi functions. One note of warning: The license key is good for ONLY one computer, so be sure you install the software on the computer you'll be using with this. FYI - eMedia Music does have support help for this too.

Update September 10, 2014: I like to report that After connecting my YDP-181 (Digital Piano) via a Yamaha UX16 (midi cable) to my Windows 8.1 touchscreen Laptop (Dell inspiron) All is working well. I especially love the interactive mode where you get instant feedback on what you just played. WORKS GREAT!!!!
David P. Srams answered on August 26, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product