Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now DOTD
Customer Discussions > Someday (Sunrise Book 3) forum

Can I read Kindle books on my Nook?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 230 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 3, 2010 6:05:05 PM PST
I found a few books on here that are cheaper than BN. Can I buy them?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2010 5:47:36 AM PDT
L. dussan says:
amazon has more technical ebooks than BN, can I download and read them on my nook? Amazon and BN should join forces dammit

Posted on Oct 15, 2010 8:02:06 AM PDT
Can I read Kindle books on Nook?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 9:39:16 AM PDT
I have not been able to figure out how to read Kendle books on Nook, if you get it figured out, please post back on this forum. There are a lot of people that would like to know how to do that also.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2010 1:02:20 AM PDT
I just ordered a Nook and asked about Kindle books. I was told that you cannot read them on Nooks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2010 3:46:47 PM PDT
program called calbrie.com for free and or donate some money 5 bucks and it will convert all ebooks for many different types of e readers. see demo at site shown above.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2010 3:49:00 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 5, 2010 3:49:15 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2010 6:13:36 PM PST
link doesnt work

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 8:42:33 AM PST
Try this link:

http://calibre-ebook.com/download

Posted on Dec 15, 2010 12:59:21 PM PST
Linda S. May says:
I have a Kindle can you use Nook Books on a Kindle?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2010 6:28:20 AM PST
Happy Hooker says:
Calibre does not strip DRM from ebooks, so it cannot transfer most Kindle books to a Nook. You have to first strip the DRM from the file. There are a few utilities to do this, but they tend to be cumbersome.

Posted on Dec 25, 2010 4:50:19 PM PST
D. Crownover says:
so ? can u convert nook formatted books to mobi's for the kindle? or when u buy a book from b&n.com does it come over with a digital encryption?

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 8:53:27 AM PST
C. Neuschotz says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2010 12:15:18 PM PST
Booklover says:
Calibre is the easiest to use program I've ever used. I tend to rely on my brother or my dad for some of the technical stuff I need done once in a while and this was something I was very easily able to use myself for converting AND transferring files onto my kindle without help. Big plus. I'd give it a try if I were you.

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 12:54:30 PM PST
I see a lot of questions, but where are the answers to the question, can you read amazon books on a nook?

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 12:55:58 PM PST
Can I read Kindle or e-book from Amazon on my nook?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2010 10:22:55 AM PST
Rachael says:
Not straight away. The books from amazon generally have a DRM encription on them and are not in a straight pdf or epub format. The nook only reads pdf or epub. You would need to find a program that would strip off the DRM (note this is illegal) and then convert it to a pdf or epub format.

Posted on Dec 31, 2010 9:47:25 PM PST
when i used calibre to convert my kindle ebook to a pdf so i could transfer it to my Nook it told me my ebook was an amazon topaz file. what in the world does this mean?

Posted on Jan 3, 2011 11:37:50 AM PST
This is interesting: http://blogkindle.com/2010/12/read-kindle-books-on-nook-color/comment-page-2/. Apparently it is possible to re-root the Nook to access the Android Kindle app.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2011 12:23:12 PM PST
interesting indeed! however i have a regular Nook, not a Nook Color so I'm outta luck here :(

I've found the following but haven't yet figured it out:
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/faq.html?highlight=drm

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2011 12:33:38 PM PST
You can root your regular nook, too.

http://nookdevs.com/Main_Page

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2011 3:01:56 PM PST
thank you!!!

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 7:39:54 AM PST
A lot of people were together after Christmas last night and were discussing this issue. Amazon is missing a HUGE market, as every single Nook owner there said that they would probably purchase a lot of Kindle Books if they could read them on their Nooks. Yet none of them thought they would also purchase a Kindle in addition to their Nook.... so as I see it, by Amazon restricting their access, they are wiping out a HUGE potential market of ebook readers. I thought they were more market-wise than that!

Posted on Jan 11, 2011 1:50:10 PM PST
Netspend says:
well with any business they want to sell there product. with their restrictions on ebooks it will force ppl to buy the kindle over the nook and same goes for nooks restrictions aswell. if they would had made it possible to get nook books for kindle or kindle books for there nook then those companies will lose profit because ppl dont have the buy the kindle or nook in order to read one another files. remember the nook and kindle are in competition with one another and the only thing that speaks to them are number.

Posted on Jan 14, 2011 5:01:25 AM PST
The reason that I got a Nook that you can download books from the library, no charge, and read them on a Nook. Can't do that on a Kindle w/o something like calibre. If I want to own a book, I buy a paper copy. But if I'm only going to read it once, the library is the way to go.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  169
Total posts:  230
Initial post:  Feb 3, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 47 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Someday (Thorndike Christian Fiction)
Someday (Thorndike Christian Fiction) by Karen Kingsbury (Hardcover - February 1, 2008)
4.8 out of 5 stars (142)