Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Crysis 3 - PC forum

Can I resell the PC copy of Crysis 3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 28, 2013 11:31:57 AM PST
Siva P says:
Hi All,

I recently bought a gaming PC and am new to PC gaming . I have been a console gamer all my life. I usually buy games for PS3 /Xbox and resell them once i am done. I just want to know if i can resell the PC copy of Crysis 3 or will the code be attached to my account like how it works in Steam ?

Thanks in advance.
SA

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 11:18:57 AM PST
You can't resell the game. Each PC game, being a physical or download, will require an activation code, of which you get only one per copy, so once you activate the game, that's it. If you buy the physical copy, you can resell the disc (if any), but they're pretty much worthless without a code to activate.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 8:18:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2013 8:20:13 AM PST
Matt says:
As J. Figueroa said, mostly all new PC games now-a-days come with an activation code, and any that come with Steam/Origin/Uplay/Etc are one-time use, which means, once you use them, they are linked to your account forever and cannot be sold/traded.

There are still a few games that come with codes that can be activated multiple (in some cases unlimited) times...even a few that have no activation code at all. Those games, you would be able to resell, however, they are few and far between. Most major releases now-a-days will have one-time use codes.

Also, as J. Figueroa mentioned, you can still sell the discs that come with your games, but you likely won't get much for them, as all that anyone would need them for is if they don't want to download the game over the internet, so they will purchase either a code, or purchase the game through Steam (etc), and then use the disc to install the game instead of needing to download the game over their internet. It can be hard to find someone that wants the disc for that though...your best bet is eBay and I wouldn't expect much more than $5-$10 at best.

Edit: In all that, I forgot to mention the exact answer to your question. Yes, Crysis 3 will have a code that is linked permanently to your Origin account, and therefore cannot be re-sold.

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 8:46:39 AM PST
L. Hernandez says:
cant he just make a new account for the game and then sell the game with the account attached?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2013 1:33:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2013 1:36:54 AM PST
Matt says:
@J. Hernandez,

In theory he could do this, however, selling or transferring accounts is against EA's Terms of Service and could get the account banned. I suppose this wouldn't really affect him as much as it would the buyer, so if he could find someone that wanted to take the risk of buying an account that could be banned and made useless, then he could take that route. All his progress in the game (at least in MP) would also be passed on to the person buying the account.

And I doubt they'd actually go this far, but if they were to ban the account for that reason, they could trace the original IP that created/used the account, and then suspend/ban all other Origin ID's that are using the same IP, which in turn could affect the OP's main Origin account. But like I said, really doubtful they'd go that far, but it's something to think about.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 7:42:31 AM PST
L. Hernandez says:
ok, good to know, I was not aware of this...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Crysis 3 - PC forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jan 28, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Crysis 3 - PC
Crysis 3 - PC by Electronic Arts (Windows Vista / XP)
3.9 out of 5 stars (677)