Customer Discussions > The Electric Age forum

Can they top Ironbound?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 11, 2012 10:55:36 AM PST
Overkill have always been consistent, but their last album Ironbound was an incredible tour-de-force, probably their best since Horroscope. With that in mind, can they top it?

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 8:13:45 PM PST
Indeed Ironbound will be tough to top. Easily their best since Horrorscope. I can't believe how these guys keep cranking out albums at the same rate as their early days. Most bands slow down a lot after so many years. It almost makes me worried that this comes so close on the heels of Ironbound. I'd rather they take their time and write a masterpiece....not they can't do that in the time since, but.....I say no, they won't top it but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2012 8:23:38 PM PST
I agree, to me Overkill have always been the Motorhead of thrash(see what I did there haha). Always consistent, even on some of their more experimental albums. I am not too worried about how it will sound, I'm confident it will be good but just not sure if it'll be in the same ball park as Ironbound.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 3:19:16 PM PST
Dreamweaver says:
I absolutely agree; Overkill has always been a consistent band. I own almost every studio album in their catalog. A lot of bands over the years have changed their styles too much and lost most of what made them great. I'm not looking for a Horrorscope 2, I thoroughy enjoyed Ironbound. I even bought that CD without listening to any preview track. I'm waiting to see how this one turns out, but somehow I feel I won't be disappointed.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012 2:45:43 PM PDT
Metalhammer says:
I'm not the biggest Overkill fan, though I do agree on their consistency. Every album is enjoyable. I've heard this album and it's pretty good. It's probably not as good as Ironbound, but I've only heard it once, but it'll definitely please Overkill fans.

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 7:21:06 AM PDT
Ironbound wasa a classic opus but I think this one will satisy the hunger for a release from these Jersey metal thrash legends. I am hoping it will be just as good as Ironbound but we shall see but nevertheless I opwn ever release including the hard to find live cd packages they have released over the years. My favorite of course being from Cleveland is F U LIVE IN CLEVELAND!

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 9:32:07 AM PDT
Overkill sold out...literally...it took me 4 days and numerous record stores just to find someone who had The Electric Age in stock...seriously though my first 4 listens to the album tell me it is a thrashterpiece of epic proportions...time will tell if it tops Ironbound...I have to give it more time...the only thing I can ask of Overkill to change would be to bring back a little bit more of those dark dynamics...Taking Over, Feel The Fire, Years of Decay, and Horrorscope, and even some of the Comeau/Marino albums made you feel like you were in some downtrodden Jersey gutter...a bit more of that dark melody and some of that slow doom (Skullkrusher, Horrorscope, Gasoline Dream, The Nightmare Continues) is What I'm Missin'...that said, I know there is always evolution and some delviing into different elements...Overkill still smokes all the bands they came up with (Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax) and handily beats even Exodus and Testament...they are hands down the Kings Of Thrash!

Posted on May 4, 2012 2:29:47 PM PDT
I just saw Overkill last night in LA and they still put on a GREAT show. So much energy and at 53 years old Blitz is just as dynamic as ever. As for the new album Electric Age-Its at least as good as Ironbound if not better. Im very happy with it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Electric Age forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2012
Latest post:  May 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Electric Age
The Electric Age by Over Kill (Audio CD - 2012)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (74)