Can I use this phone with my contract with t-mobile? I am on a family plan with tmobile, but I want to upgrade my device. I don't want to buy it from them because I am not sure if I want to extend my contract for another year or more. So I am researching right now. I wonder if it would be as simple as putting my sim card in this phone and it would be ready to go. I am impressed by android technology and my budget is not huge, plus I see the positive reviews for this phone.....I might just pick this one. Any suggestions or help is appreciated.
asked by NK on January 3, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 answers
A
votes
Yes, it's that simple. Just put your sim in and you're good to go. I just did it for my wife. Everything works.
xynobis answered on January 3, 2012

A
vote
I bricked my Optimus and was glad I did when I was put my aim card in this phone.. I love this phone
Scott Abramczyk answered on February 1, 2012

A
vote
Yes it does work. It was flawless for me, synced me contacts and everything. Got the phone from Best Buy and was told that if it didnt work, put everything back in the box and return it. It really should work. Let me know what happens.
Scott Abramczyk answered on February 21, 2012

A
vote
Does anyone know if I can use my Walmart Family Mobile (basically, T-Mobile) SIM card in this phone? Thanks.
Austin C. Mullen answered on June 7, 2012

A
vote
I assure you J. Lee it works just fine. All you need to do is take your current sim card and put it in this new amazing phone. Remember if you are on contract DON'T try to use the sim card that comes with the phone. That is gonna mess up this handset for your current sim card. I am not on a data plan with t-mobile but at home and work i do have wi-fi and my phone automatically catches the network and voila I have access to all the wonderful apps too. Trust me you are gonna love this phone if you don't want to pay ridiculous money for an iphone and still be able to get all the goodies. After buying mine I ended up buying one for my 17 year old too and he loves it too. He uses all the fancy shmancy apps I have no clue about. The other day he was teaching me how to use the SWYPE technology for texting which I can't do yet------but all I am saying its got tons of games and apps and what not to make it one of the best buys out there.
NK answered on February 22, 2012

A
votes
Thanks xynobis. I am gonna buy this phone then.
NK answered on January 3, 2012

A
votes
will this phone work with reachout services?
Walter Topij answered on January 21, 2012

A
votes
I lost my Vibrant this weekend, and have 7 months on my contract. I'm looking for an inexpensive droid to fill in, and I think I just found it. Thanks for the tip xynobis. I'm off to Wal-Mart, I think.
Amazon Customer answered on February 1, 2012

A
votes
does it really work? iv seen so many reviews on putting existing plan sim card into new prepaid phone and work but i just called the sales rep to ask about this method and he said it wouldn't work.....
J. Lee answered on February 21, 2012

A
votes
I put contract sim in t-mobile prepaid Nokia 1616 phone I bought for mother. It works. I'm guessing all t-mobile prepaid phones will operate with contract sim.
Amazon Customer answered on February 22, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›