Can this processor knead dough ?
asked by kavitha jayram on November 1, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
YES!! Mine does a WONDERFUL job on a 2 1/2 cup loaf of bread. I've been doing bread this way for YEARS and my trusty DLC10 has never let me down. It only takes about 3 minutes to throroughly knead your dough to PERFECTION. In fact, I'd be happy to share recipes I use in it (white, whole wheat, rye, "pancake" bread, etc) if you want to make further contact.
scgvegas answered on November 1, 2012
Comment (1) | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I held off on answering this question, which I received yesterday in my email, so that I could make a loaf a bread and give a good answer. I made a 3-cup loaf of white bread. The kneading was spectacular! It was done in no time at all. The bread had good texture once it was baked, and I'm enjoying a tuna salad sandwich on homemade bread for lunch while I type this answer.
V. Lague answered on November 2, 2012
Comment | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It can knead dough quite well. I tried mine first with a 10-grain recipe, and it did the job. The motor did bog down a little, but I was making a 2-lb dough that's thick and heavy. If you've ever used a bread machine, it turns on and off repeatedly during the knead cycle. You can mimic that with the processor using the power switch in the "pulse" position. Even if you make a lighter dough, put a few minutes into kneading and you should get good results. On the down side, 2 pounds is about the limit for the DLC-10S.
Maddog answered on November 1, 2012
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Kavitha,

Yes! On pages 12-15 of the instruction booklet that comes with the processor, it tells you how to do it. I haven't done it yet, as I always make 3 loaves of whole wheat bread by hand. I should try it sometime. The machine certainly is sturdy enough to handle kneading dough! I'm glad to see another person, scgvegas, answered today; that's a ringing endorsement. Good success with making bread!
Elaine answered on November 1, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It probably can, but it is quite small. It would have to be a very small recipe. I didn't keep this processor, but replaced it with the 14 cup Cuisinart. The 14 cup processor can handle a recipe with 5 cups of flour or so without bogging down. Great machine.
S. Bryson answered on November 1, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
According to the booklet "yes!" But I haven't tried it myself yet.
Maria Cebotari answered on November 1, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have not used this option yet. According to the handbook you can
Kemera Jackson answered on November 1, 2012

A
Yes, there is a dough attachment...haven't used it yet, though.
goneridin' answered on November 3, 2012

A
Manual page 12: Machine Capacity, recommended maximum amount of flour is: 4 cups of all-purpose flour or 2 1/2 cups of whole-grain flour.
Swidgen answered on December 27, 2012

A
I haven't used it for that, but it comes equipped with a kneading hook.
Amelia Gremelspacher answered on November 1, 2012
Comment (1) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product