Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Can I use this product to downgrade from Windows 8?
asked by Jon S. on May 12, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Yes 100% yes, I personally did it. However be prepared youtube has may videos on how and why just be prepared to mess with the drivers for your computer and the bios. Also tech support with almost disown you -source personal experience
The Tech answered on May 12, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just did this on 2 computers, the safest way is to reformat and do a fresh install, the reason is the Windows 8 boot manager stays around and can cause problems with Windows 7. One other reason is that you want to delete the Windows 8 partitions to recover all of your drive space. I have an SR-2 with 2 6 core Xeons and Windows 7 so much more user friendly than Windows 8, Remember Microsoft, not everyone owns or adores smart phones.
Lynne Wilson answered on May 12, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, this product can be used to downgrade from Windows 8. I would also suggest that you reformat the hard drive and do a fresh install to ensure that all of the windows 8 'orphans' are removed. Patricia in Maryland
pdy5907 answered on May 13, 2013

A
All the documentation implies this oem package is for new installs only. Most likely the install over win 8 will fail. You should reformat your win 8 hard disk then install win 7. You could also remove your win 8 hard disk
and install a new hard disk and then install this win 7 os. You then can reinstall you win 8 hard disk and have both operating system resident. During boot press what ever key that gets you into the computers mother boards bios and select what hard disk to boot from. I have win xp on a 250 gig and win 7 on 360 gig.
Butch Scofield answered on May 14, 2013

A
I think you are asking for - no - getting - a world of troubles trying that. I can't imagine it would work well. Best way is to uninstall 8 and install 7. Period.
William iii answered on May 12, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product