Can I use the floormate on my laminate floors?
asked by VALENTINE on May 21, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
I did when my was working. It sucked the water really well and then there is a drying option. Basically blows are on the floor but it was dry within seconds.
Bonnie M. Smith answered on May 21, 2013

A
votes
FloorMate is advertised to be used for all "hard surface floors." The FloorMate only releases the amount of water/cleaner solution you allow it to. I would suggest not letting the water "stand" and not using excess water. Then after scrubbing the floor be sure to put the dial on "dry" so that it picks up any extra moisture.
Sharon P. Maggio answered on May 21, 2013

A
votes
The Hoover FloorMate is designed for use on "sealed" floors. Thus, I should think that if there are no seams through which the water might seep and cause a swelling to the floor (as would happen to the "pergola (faux wood)" flooring, which is laid by sliding pieces together in grooves). For certainty, I suggest you visit Hoover's website, reached easily by typing the product name into your web browser and read about it and use the site to ask Hoover care/customer service directly. My floors are all old tile w/grouting sealing them.
Lily Morgan answered on May 21, 2013

A
votes
Check with the use/care info that comes with your particular laminate. The machine does not 'flood' the floor and the vacuum picks up the water very well.
HBR answered on May 21, 2013

A
votes
I have used mine on our laminated wood floors with good results. Be sure there is no water left on the floor and that the floors are sealed.
Betty Eason answered on May 21, 2013

A
votes
I really don't know since mine are tile...you can probably go to their website and see if it states that it can.
Michele Briggs answered on May 22, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›