Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Customer Discussions > Room: A Novel forum

Can you share from Kindle to Kindle?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 59 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2010 7:36:20 PM PST
Can you share books from kindle to kindle? If so, how?Sh

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2010 3:58:10 PM PST
T. Mountjoy says:
My daughter and I both received kindles for Christmas. I have been searching the web but I have not found a definite answer. Hope someone else can help us.

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 5:54:36 PM PST
No you can't share books with the Kindle. You can share books with the Nook but not the Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2010 6:27:36 PM PST
Callie says:
Just register both Kindles to one acct. Then you can share books. Just use the Manage My Kindle page on the acct to download purchased books to the second kindle. I do ths all the time with my kids' kindles.

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 6:45:51 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 26, 2010 6:46:42 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2010 5:48:27 AM PST
nan says:
When I purchased a book it came up on both registered Kindles but We could only read it on one. I will go to my account, Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2010 8:45:33 AM PST
Sheila Grant says:
You can, but it has to be someone you don't mind having your amazon password... At that point they can register their device with your account and re-download everything you have for free. The only downside would be that they can't access their purchases and yours at the same time... and of course they'd be able to buy books with your money, lol. When they are finished with the book you wanted to share they can re-register to their account.. good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2010 8:46:46 AM PST
You can share a book with up to 5 kindle readers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2010 8:47:49 AM PST
You can share with up to 5 kindle readers. The above statement is incorrect

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 8:49:43 AM PST
Sheila Grant says:
You actually can both read it at the same time, all you have to do is after synchronizing both devices to get the content on both kindles you would go to "my account" and "un-synchronize" after one of you is done reading the book, re-sync so you would both get the latest downloads and messages!

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 9:44:38 AM PST
Diana Huster says:
I just bought an IPad! Can I transfer my Kindle purchases to my IPad and vice versa?

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 9:45:13 AM PST
BumbleB says:
Another way to share via email, which is good if you don't want to give access to your Kindle account.

1. Connect your Kindle to your computer using the USB cord.

2.When the Kindle window opens on your computer (mine shows up in the lower right corner as "Kindle F:", as if I'd connected a thumb drive), open the "Documents" folder, which you'll see has all your Kindle book files.

3. copy the Kindle title you want to share onto the desktop (the Kindle icon looks like a blue book with an "a" on it).

4. Create a new e-mail to the person you want to send the Kindle book to. Attach the Kindle Book file to your email.
Most kindle books are small in file size, about 400k.

5. Send the email. The recipient can download the Kindle book to their desktop from the email. Then attach their Kindle with the USB cord, and add the
Kindle book file to the Kindle Documents folder.

Once you add a Kindle book file to the Documents folder, after disconnecting the USB, restart your Kindle and the new book will appear in the list.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2010 9:47:29 AM PST
BumbleB says:
@Diana Huster - You can read your Kindle books on the iPad using the Kindle iPad App:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_ipa_ln_ar?docId=1000490441

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2010 1:03:57 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2010 6:41:52 PM PST
although you cannot directly transfer books from kindle to kindle you can associate both kindles to one amazon account and then the archive will feed up to five or six devices so in essence if you buy a book from amazon it go to the archive you then may each download from the archive

Posted on Dec 28, 2010 7:28:22 PM PST
Nancy Riggio says:
I think you can share books with up to 6 kindles but they all have to be on the same account

Posted on Dec 28, 2010 10:20:49 PM PST
You can share your books....The reader just needs to register to kindle friend...no big to do at all......

Posted on Dec 29, 2010 6:58:01 AM PST
book worm says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2010 8:23:36 AM PST
Book Addict says:
Arthur H Marcus - how do you share the books with up to 5 kindle readers?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 9:16:45 AM PST
there is a way to share if you are both registered under the same account. call the # for CS and they will help you

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 10:42:50 AM PST
How?

Posted on Dec 30, 2010 11:02:57 AM PST
C. Essigmann says:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_rel_topic?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200549320

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 12:14:41 PM PST
If both kindles are on the same account you can share all books.

Posted on Dec 30, 2010 5:37:48 PM PST
G. Lustig says:
Amazon has just enabled the loaning of books!! Go to "manage my account" and look at your purchases. If you expand them and there is a button "loan this book" you can send it to anyone whether they have a kindle or not. If you purchase a book, look in the description and it will tell you that Lending is enabled. I am guessing that publishers will let the sharing take place for the same books on the kindle as the nook.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2010 12:55:23 PM PST
How?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Room: A Novel forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  59
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2010
Latest post:  May 4, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Room
Room by Emma Donoghue (Audio CD - September 3, 2010)
4.2 out of 5 stars (2,984)