Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 Messenger Kit forum

Can you use it during gameplay?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 26, 2007 4:33:08 PM PDT
Can you use the chatpad to communicate with other players while you're playing a game? Because of the hours I work, I usually play late at night with headphones plugged into my TV, so I can't use the headset to talk because I don't want to wake anyone. I'll mostly be playing Gears of War and Halo 3 if that makes a difference.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2007 11:46:54 PM PDT
Chip says:
Thats a slow way to go about communicating to someone during gameplay. You'd have to go to your friends list, look at recent players, type up your message to "DUCK!" click send and wait for them to recieve, then go their recived messages page...I just don't see it being very usefull that way. It is great however for typing up messages while not actively playing. Also great for typing in those long Live Membership codes.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2007 3:39:21 PM PDT
S. C. Koch says:
I wouldn't be surprised if future games supported the device, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2008 9:05:50 PM PST
Jason Jordan says:
The thing I ask myself is why not just buy yourself a USB keyboard instead?

Its not like your going to be able to play a game while typing at the same time. I just can't see the point to this other than yet another ridicoulusly overpriced Xbox 360 add on.

Posted on Feb 16, 2009 4:01:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2009 4:02:13 PM PST
T. Paslay says:
"The thing I ask myself is why not just buy yourself a USB keyboard instead?

Its not like your going to be able to play a game while typing at the same time. I just can't see the point to this other than yet another ridicoulusly overpriced Xbox 360 add on. "

It's actually very easy to quickly type something, and as for any game where typing is an in game mechanic (i.e. mmos) you will be playing while typing. It comes down to preference. If you prefer playing with a USB keyboard, you probably already are. Although, I would wonder why you aren't just playing the games on your PC. If you prefer playing with a controller, this is far easier than swapping back and forth everytime you want to type something.

"Thats a slow way to go about communicating to someone during gameplay. You'd have to go to your friends list, look at recent players, type up your message to "DUCK!" click send and wait for them to recieve, then go their recived messages page..."

The title is "can you use it during gameplay", meaning does it work IN-GAME. Yes, it does work in most games where text entry is accepted. Speaking of slow things (or people)...

Posted on Aug 20, 2010 10:21:34 PM PDT
The true answer to this question is : YES IT DOES WORK IN-GAME, if you are chatting with people from msn messenger at least,you recieve a message, press the messenger button, and it opens a small window that you can type in without leaving the game, as for communicating with people from xbox live, it doesn't, at least for me it works like magic since i'm always getting my balls hammered by ppl over on msn, that way I can answer quickly and keep on playing.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Sep 26, 2007
Latest post:  Aug 20, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 Messenger Kit
Xbox 360 Messenger Kit by Microsoft Software (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (206)