Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

89%
11%
Price:$27.13+ Free shipping

on January 21, 2013
These are easy to install (they pop right open). I did end up rewiring about 80% of my pot lights though because the power cables were too tight and stopped me from just slipping it over the top of the light so keep this in mind when you are inspecting your pot lights and measuring them BEFORE you order the product. That being said, they are also easy to cut (think metal mounting brackets) so they can sit flush with the dry wall. The interesting thing in the packaging material is that they don't recommend that you install light bulbs that exceed 65 Watts after you cover them with this product. This was no big deal for us since we are using LED lights, but it's another thing to keep in mind since I've seen pot light bulbs that exceed 65 watts (some of the lights we removed were 75 watts for example). Overall, I'm extremely pleased with this product and I'm so glad that I didn't try to make my own. It's hard enough climbing around in an attic, but to try and cut and maneuver around my own cover would just makes the job harder and it would have taken me twice as long.
on March 10, 2013
Older pot lights run hot, and attic insulation cannot come within 3 inches of the light due to fire hazard. This both brings the light to code and adds legal/safe way to add some R value to the pot light.
on January 19, 2014
Very simple to use. Pop it open, make a slice for the wire and frame, put it in place. Angled top allows blow in insulation to slide off and keep weight off the top. Very sturdy and lots of room for your can. Will not collapse and material is very fire resistant.

I called the sales rep, he said it is not necessary to glue or foam around the bottom to hold in place. I believe it. This item is very sturdy and sets in place firmly. If it is too tall, you can trim off some at the bottom.
on June 3, 2012
As a home inspector I see can lights installed poorly all the time. They become a fire hazard immediately most of the time. This simple to install solution makes so much sense in stopping air infiltration, read dust, from the attic and controlling the heat given off by the cans. CFL's is another part of the solution I recomend to clients. Napa Valley Home Inspections com
on November 28, 2014
Really good value for money. Used a bit of great stuff foam to seal them down and it has probably hugely reduced the amount of air exchange between my living room and attic.
on July 18, 2013
I have been looking for something like this for a long time. Good Functional product. The manufacture responded timely to the inquires I made. Nice people to deal with. They should sell alot of the CapaHat or CanCoverit unit. Well done!
on January 14, 2015
SOOO EASY!
on November 18, 2013
Great Product, Easy Installation very simple design that really works. Do not hesitate to order these you won't be disappointed
on December 23, 2013
Made a mistake in this purchase but in the end it worked out as I used it for something other than what it was designed for. The only real way to use this product is in either new construction or in a remodeling project. Spend more time thinking about its use than I did, however, it is a good product it performs well the way I used it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse