5.0 out of 5 stars Canada Goose Expedition Parka
I love this parka. I work in the construction industry in Northern Alberta Canada. Winter often brings -40 degrees with wind. I really like the fact that the hood has a wire in the fur ruff so you can shape in around your face to keep the wind out. The cuffs have extra long bindings so no cold leaks between cuff and glove.

The fur trim really needs to be a zip...
Published on December 12, 2011 by Sky Blu

3.0 out of 5 stars Weak insulation over the forearms
Very well constructed jacket but had minimal insulation extending from a few inches above the wrist towards the hand. Accordingly would not keep my forearms as warm as I would like when wearing most gloves.
Published 3 months ago by Paul

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Canada Goose Expedition Parka, December 12, 2011
Sky Blu (Northern Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews

The fur trim really needs to be a zip off for cleaning but I would order it again in a heartbeat. Thanks Canada Goose. I really needed a coat like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best down parka, January 5, 2013
I first heard of the Canada Goose Expedition parka from my nephew who wore one during his stint at the Mcmurdo Station in Antarctica in 2008. At that time,I could not find that model in a woman's size, so I bought the Trillium instead. I gave it a less than stellar review here on Amazon...primarily complaining about the poor wind-sealing of the neck and hood. Also, at that time, the Trillium's fill was 60/40 down/feather...(but I think CG has changed it to 100% down since then). When the temps and wind chills fell below the 20's, one had to wear a gaitor or scarf, earmuffs(under the hood),and a winter sweater underneath.

Well, last spring, I managed to find an Expedition (red/size M) on triple mark-down at Bloomingdales (so I know its a real one)...and now that I've had a chance to wear it, it definately is all it's cracked up to be. I won't re-iterate the details of the engineering that have been written by others, just suffice to say every detail is worked out...including a hood ruff that can be turned back for minimal interference with periferal vision. So far the only caveat is that the edges of the agressive velcro can be sharp and cut into your fingers. Also, several sites, including Amazon, describe the women's Expedition hood fur as being detachable...the one on my coat(and this season's stock I've checked on at local retailers)is definately not...it is sewn in and cannot be removed for cleaning.

This coat is indeed for below freezing/windchilled temps. Some people say that it is too warm for moderately cold climates. If you do a lot of driving, that may be the case, but I do a lot of walking. With this parka, you just throw it on, zip it up, and go. Its a major plus not to have to worry about hats, earmuffs, gaitors,scarves or heavy sweaters. I keep a pair of mittens in the pockets, but they aren't really necessary unless you are carrying something. While shopping in a store, I un-zip it to be comfortable.

At full retail, the CG Expedition is expensive, but significantly less expensive than Montcler and much less damage prone because of the tough fabric and multi layer construction.
Of course, the CG Expedition is not as 'pretty' as the Montcler styles...but in the long run, that is another benefit...its a classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, November 13, 2013
I'm finally looking forward to our winter weather thanks to Canada Goose. My bright and cheerful Summit Pink Expedition Parka will permit me to enjoy the fresh cold air and natural beauty of our Quebec winter, without having to be rendered immobile by multiple layers of clothing. Bring it on Jack Frost!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST warm winter coat ever, February 11, 2014
This review is from: Canada Goose Women's Expedition Parka (Sports Apparel)
This coat is beautiful, stylish and the warmest coat I have ever worn. I bought the red expedition and it has the most amazing fur collar. My boyfriend and I are avid outdoor people and hike all year long. This MI winter, 2014, has been particularly brutal. We were so excited one evening when it was 30 below zero with the wind chill to go out and really test our coats. We were not disappointed.We felt like the only people on earth, no one was outside but us and we were not the slightest bit cold. One woman drove by and actually asked us, "What in the hell are you wearing?" We happily gave a glowing review. With a turtle fur pulled up over my nose a hat on and the wonderful hood pulled up my face and head were not cold at all, of course my body was toasty warm wrapped in the goose down.
Also, wearing Canada goose mittens and my fingers were not cold. My only concern about the coat is the fur collar does not zip off for cleaning. The coat runs big. I am 5'8", 150 lbs, bought a medium, fits nicely and room enough for a heavy sweater and layering.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made and very nice fit. Only complaint is the fur on the ..., October 2, 2014
Absolutely gorgeous. Well made and very nice fit. Only complaint is the fur on the hood is not removable for cleaning as the ad states. Would buy again without hesitation but wish the fur was removable. I live where it is subzero temperatures for much of the year. This is my winter coat and keeps me very warm. I appreciate the quality of craftsmenship.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best coat!, November 19, 2014
I work outside year round in Chicago, sometimes overnight or for 12 hours or both. This coat has completely changed my opinion of winter, I don't shiver, ever. Feels like you are standing inside even at 20 below. I was concerned it might not be suitable for rough working conditions, but the material is strong, everything is solidly constructed, plenty of room for tools, etc. I feel this coat could take some abuse and hold up well. I struggled with the high price tag, but I'm so happy I made this purchase, it is well worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Coat Ever, January 2, 2013
I actually bought this coat because I spend time in the arctic circle, and on previous trips in other coats I have ended up frozen. They thought of everything with this coat - great number of pockets in the right places, the right cuffs, everything. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is that the collar is made of coyote fur, and as a bit of an animal rights person, I hesitated on the purchase for that reason but had to do it when I knew I was going on a long trek. I wish that they would provide another option for the hood, otherwise the coat itself is fantastic.

3.0 out of 5 stars Weak insulation over the forearms, October 25, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars like putting on a furnace, December 7, 2014
Gorgeous coat; like putting on a furnace. The 2x is too small in girth and way too large in length. If you are 6" tall and a 1x, this would be awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will be far more comfortable in a parka that allows full freedom of movement ..., January 28, 2015
Outstanding parka. Do NOT buy one too small. You will be far more comfortable in a parka that allows full freedom of movement and its insulating qualities are wonderful. TO BE CLEAR, THERE IS ONLY ONE SPECIAL EDITION OF THE CANADA GOOSE EXPEDITION THAT COMES WITH DETACHABLE FUR. The PBI special edition includes the detachable fur feature. If you do not buy the PBI edition of the Expedition, you will get a parka with fur that does not detach. Personally, I have owned an Expedition for ten years and have never had any problems with simply cleaning it at home myself with a damp sponge, mild cleaner and patience. This parka is for functional use, it is not a fashion statement.
If you want a fashion model CG, then buy another one of their coats.......but the Expedition, the Resolute and Snow Mantra are not made to be fashionable. They are all oustanding tough-as=iron parkas.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›