Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Canada Goose Women's Trillium Parka, Black, XX-Small
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: XX-Small|Color: Black|Change
Price:$744.93+ Free shipping

on December 16, 2011
Tl; dr: The coat looks really nice, has nice details, and is very, very warm, despite a slightly awkward fit.

First the good:
This is by far the warmest winter coat I've ever owned. It's also pretty thin for how warm it is. I live in Beijing, and it's usually between -10 and 0 Celsius with strong winds, and I'm warm. I've never had a coat that blocked the wind as well or was as snow/rain proof (it bounces off!). I'm 5'4", and for me the size XS coat is the perfect length, falling at mid-thigh so your backside is totally covered for warmth but it's not long and cumbersome. The drawstrings on the waist are great and give a puffy parka a surprisingly sleek, feminine cut. I like the lining/inserts on the cuffs with the knitted material. They are really long and stretchy so you never, ever have gaps between your coat and gloves. Also, I don't agree with the other reviewer about the hood issue: the hood has a strap for adjusting in the back, so you can make it as large or small as you want (maybe she didn't notice this?) Lastly, the fleece-lined hand-warmer pockets seem awkwardly placed at first, but they free up the lower pockets for other things and keep your arms tucked up next to you for extra warmth.

Now the bad:
I think the fur ruff, although very luxurious, is over-the-top and not very functional. Also, the top and bottom of the coat seem to be slightly disproportionate. I have wide hips and a relatively large bust for my height/frame (I normally wear size 2-4 clothes), and the coat fits VERY snugly around my hips but is super loose around my chest and especially my arms, which is weird. I can easily fit my thickest winter sweaters underneath. Finally, the zipper is indeed a bit flimsy and sometimes catches the fabric while zipping up.
on December 29, 2014
The Pros: This is the warmest coat I've ever owned. I've been looking for a very warm winter coat, as I live in a northern climate and the winters can be brutally cold. Also, I tend to be someone who is 'always cold'. This coat is perfect for warmth! I can honestly say that I have not been cold one bit this winter. I can even wear just a simple long sleeved shirt underneath. No need to bulk up. It's so incredibly nice to get into my car in the winter, and not be shivering and stressed with cold!

I absolutely adore the hood! The fur is luxurious and beautiful. It's seriously one of the most beautiful parts of the coat. When I'm standing outside getting gas, I keep my hood up and the fur completely blocks the wind - my face is not cold. Some have said the hood is too big, but it is completely adjustable, so you can have it whatever size you want. I like it larger, because it blocks more wind that way.

Another benefit, is the coat is not unflattering. Parkas are often so bulky and round you feel like a marshmallow. Not so with the Trillium. It goes in at the waist, and you can adjust the cords inside to make it go in even further if you like. I think this coat is extremely flattering, especially for a parka.

The Cons: The biggest con with this coat is the rough, sharp collar, up by your chin. It is not lined with fleece or anything, so you're getting the nylon material on your face. I knew about this from the other reviews, but thought I wouldn't care at all about it. As it turns out, it does bother me some. Every time you zip the coat up all the way, you feel it. It's very thick, and that would be good IF there was some lining or fleece, but as it is, the collar is pretty uncomfortable. I just keep it zipped down far enough that it doesn't bother me as much. It was a trade-off for the warmth of this coat.

The other main con is the fit of the coat. I'm not overweight, but I do have hips, and it is very tight on the hips. I would normally wear a Medium, but had to go up to a Large to accommodate my hips, and even so it is still a bit snug there. I also tried on the Kensington, and that was even tighter on the hips, so I went with the Trillium and lived with it. In the car you can unzip the coat from the bottom up, so I do that and it's fine.

A few small other cons: the inner straps sewn inside (to be able to carry the coat on your back) sometimes get in the way when you're putting the coat on. It's not a big deal, but you have to make sure you're not snagging those straps every time you put the coat on. It's a weird feature - who puts the coat on your back like a backpack, ever? Also, the wrists are a bit tight. I know they make that inner cuff snug to keep the cold out and keep air from getting up the sleeve, but it's very snug. My wrists are small, so I know it isn't my wrist size.

All in all a wonderful coat. I'm keeping it because I can't find anything warmer, and I can live with the cons.
on January 2, 2009
There are a few disappointing issues with this jacket:

1)The collar has absolutely no insulation what so ever (just a stiff,flat collar) and stands away from the neck. When the hood is up, and pulled tightly, it does nothing to pull the collar in, but pulls whole jacket up. Less expensive and more stylish coats have far superior wind proofed collar and hood designs. When the collar is zipped up all the way it bumps up against the chin. You must wear a gator or scarf to keep your neck warm, even if the weather isn't that cold.

2) The two-way #10 YKK zipper is somewhat difficult to allign at the bottom...It takes a few tries to get it to slide. My husband's old LL Bean parka has a #5 plastic zipper with metal sliders that works much better.

3)The fill seems a little on the sparse side...not up to some of CG's other models. On really (single digit)cold days, a heavy sweater was necessary underneath.

4) The hood is way to big for a woman's coat.

There are some good things (which is why I bought it): The classic snorkel stlye that won't look dated, the engineering of the deep set knit windbreaker cuff in the sleeve is excellent-you can wear any length glove with no fuss. They should have put the same level of thought into windsealing the neck. The shell fabric is amazing: the snow/sleet/rain practically bounces off of it. The high quality fur trim on the hood is luxuriously thick and detachable, but it is not functional...I would rather less fur and a puffy,snug fitting, down filled collar for my money.

I had to wear the jacket a few times to be aware of its shortcomings and don't want to return it. It is well made and will be OK for typical east coast winter weather...but if you want a garment for seriously cold temps, you should spend the extra $100 or so bucks and go for the CG's Expedition model.
22 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2015
After a few years of freezing my tail off up here in the northeast, I finally broke down and bought an insanely expensive winter coat. I tried a lot of brands, but decided why not go the full throttle and get a canada goose! So I did.

Here's what I like:
-This coat is GOING TO KEEP YOU WARM. There's no way you could say this coat isn't warm enough for the northeast. It is fantastic and has withstood the recent sub-0 wind chills fabulously.
-This coat feels more substantial than the Kensington. Just my observation... I tried on both and liked the trillium a lot more.
-I don't mind the top pockets. They're a little awkward, but there's also pockets at the front.
-The straps inside the coat let you hold it easily if you're commuting. Subways are sometimes really hot...it's nice to be able to wear your coat with the straps.

Here's what I wish they'd done better:
-The zipper is sometimes hard to get on. I've read about the 'click it in place' technique and I sometimes still can't get it without a few tries.
-The top part of the zipped area rubs and feels tough. If you zip it the full way, it's hard to drive because of this top area. Maybe it's too big for my shorter torso, but it's a flaw for my frame.
-The hood. It's warm, but it's also gigantic and really hard seal your head tightly.

All that said, I'm still completely happy with this coat because it keeps me soooooo much warmer than anything I've owned before now. It's a coat for life.
on January 15, 2015
Just bought this. Beautifully made, very warm. Im sure my wife will be happy as it is a gift. Be careful for the crap that comes from China..knock offs. They are on amazon too. Look for coats that are sold be authorized dealers of CA. Moosejaw, camp saver, etc. A lot of the coats sold directly from Amazon and not an authorized dealer of CA are fakes. I got duked once with a coat filled with chicken feathers. You can find a list of authorized dealers at canadagoose.com Amazon needs to do a better job of keeping the fraudulent coats off their site.I hope this helps.
on March 3, 2015
THE BAD
[1] Too long: At 36" length, it turns out that make the zipper about 3 inches too long to easily reach down to connect the zipper and start zipping up-- instead you have to bunch the jacket up to grab both sides of the zipper to get it going, then because it's bunched up, you can't just easily zip it up, you have to zip it up in stages as you smooth and straighten the coat back out again and align the two edges. The coat I'm replacing is like this and I never realized that it was really all about the few inches of length, but since it bugged me the last few years with the old coat, I don't want to switch to another one that requires the same thing -- I'm switching to the Dawson Canada Goose which is 33". The coat will still keep me warm and that 3 inches less coverage will not make that much difference except for making the zipping process much simpler.
[2] Red is not my type of red. I wear a cool or pure cherry red - not a tomato red. Red is my favorite color, but tomato red grates on my nerves. Red that leans towards cooler, maroon, orange, brick, washed out Nantucket red - all of those things grate on my nerve. I only like pure red. In the picture on my monitors the coat appears bright cherry red, but in person it's leaning towards tomato.
[3] The pockets where you ostensibly warm your hands are in a bizarrely high location, I am literally putting my hands on my breasts when I put them in the pockets. The lower pockets, sort of 'utility pockets' with flaps - are equally awkward to put your hands in, given they are not really meant for that, with top opening and front positioning. Again, the Dawson coat is better designed in that it has pockets down lower where your hands naturally go into the pockets.
THE GOOD
Per the Canada Goose website, this coat is a Level 4 warmth. I went for a 3 mile stroll in short sleeves in 15 degree weather with this coat, no scarf or gloves or any other extra layer, and I was sweating by the end. I could probably sleep in a snow drift in this coat. I'm sending it back and getting the Dawson anyway (for reasons outlined above) which is a level 5. The extra feature on the Dawson is a fleece layer where the neck closes - and while I haven't received it yet, I predict I will like that better than this Trillium - which has no lining where the neck closes, and in fact while the rest of me was sweating, my exposed chin was an ice cube.
on March 16, 2015
Too bulky for an everyday parka. Also, my daughters thought the fur collar was too much for me. I'm 5'3" so the jacket was overwhelming. I'm sure it's great in the right climate, but even for Massachusetts it was just too much jacket. (It looked very well made, but a little too fancy for my style.)
on December 12, 2013
I was happy to finally get a coat that can handle the coldest and dampest winters in Northern NJ. I am 5', 110 lbs. Ordered a SMALL, however I was close to returning it because the snaps popped open when I move/bend a certain way. I think the coat NEEDS to be wider at the hips/WAIST! Although I followed the size chart it was not accurate. Canada Goose needs to make this and the Kensington wider, PLEASE!!!!! There ARE women out there and YES, we DO have hips!
on April 1, 2014
1st I must say that I received My coat Well ahead of schedule & from the moment I pulled the CG Trillium frm the box, I knew it was Extremely Warm by the weight alone, I Love it & I already plan to buy The Montebello as well, I'm very impressed, I Love cold Winters, but I want 2 stay warm while enjoy'ng the cold...& CG coats definitely fit the bill...

P.S. 4 Any Nay sayer that says That their Canada Goose coat purchased from Amazon.com, needs 2 do their homework on Authentic Canada Goose Coats B4 trying to slander Amazon.com, My Canada Goose Trillium coat is 100% Authentic....& I will definitely recommend to My friends 😊
on February 6, 2012
I received this jacket as a gift from my husband after complaining about the cold 10 minute walk from the train station to home. We live in Toronto Canada and we usually have pretty cold winters (this year being an exception). Jacket is very warm and the side slits for hands is warm enough that you don't require gloves if you keep your hands in your pocket. The zipper is a little difficult to work not sure why but I got the hang of it after a few tries. I'm usually a size XS or 2 but ended up getting the XXS, sleeves are perfect as I'm always afraid that a smaller size means shorter sleeves. For reference, I'm 5'7", 110 pounds and this fits perfectly. There are cords on the inside that you can pull to cinch the waist to give it a little more shape. Prior to purchasing this jacket I also tried the Kensington design and found this one much more functional although the Kensington did "look" nicer. Given the choice I still picked this one and I'm sure I will be wearing this for years to come. I chose Military Green so that I would stand out from all the black Canada Goose jackets that I see in Toronto.