5.0 out of 5 stars excellent purchase
Published 20 months ago by joseph berry

1.0 out of 5 stars The print was bad!
Although the recipes MAY have been good, I could not read the print. The actual recipe was in to small a print
and without enough contrast. Maybe VERY young eyes will have no problem reading the instructions and recipes.
Very dissapointing!
Published 16 months ago by Honolulu Wendy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent purchase, November 3, 2012
This review is from: Canal House Cooks Every Day (Hardcover)
I have been a subscriber to Canal House Cooking since the beginning and have always keenly anticipated each issue and have found them a joy to cook from. When I received this book, I was initially disappointed as there seemed to be a number of recipes that I already had from my subscription. However, as I spent more time with the book, I discovered much that was new and inviting. The recipes are wonderful and very dependable. I made their stuffing/dressing for Thanksgiving and it was delicious. I have made many meals out of Canal House and everything has been excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cookbook of 2012, January 5, 2013
This review is from: Canal House Cooks Every Day (Hardcover)
This is one of the most gorgeous cookbooks I have ever seen. Unfortunately (and I will not let it be reflected in the review) the compendium is really of the last seven volumes of the authors subscription book/magazine effort. I have not done a one to one count of the recipes from the seven volumes but have recognized many.

I don't really care, though I wanted to say it up front in case you wanted to do what I did which was read everything these two women were ever involved with!

The photography is beautiful, the stories with the recipes are interesting, like letters from a girlfriend telling you what she made for supper last night. I love the feeling I get when I read the recipes and when I make their food. As I have said in another review they can get pretentious but this book seems to fit with that foodie superiority better than the handbook sized volumes of the series which is meant for "home cooks".

This stunning book is beyond that description and yet at the same time it totally fulfills it as well.

The women (who are real-life BFF's) cook in the small studio on two apartment size stoves without a microwave, very little counter space and a big table that is where they dine and prepare.

It's not a large space, just enough for two cooks, really and lets you know that everything in the book can be handled in the smallest kitchen without any trouble.

The food ranges from simple (reminding me of a lot of Nigella Lawson's first books) to a bit complex (not going to be making homemade pasta anytime soon, sorry) but all the recipes are doable by a seasoned cook.

This is not a cheffie cookbook, though it does have some cheffie elements, it's still on a "cook" level. You will quickly weed out what you will and won't want to do.

I know that I will return to this book again and again (I love the seasonal set-up) and I actually ended up buying two - one to use in the kitchen and get all banged up and one to read and keep pristine.

This cook book is THAT FREAKING GOOD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like the other books, but bigger!, October 30, 2012
JS (Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canal House Cooks Every Day (Hardcover)
If you like the little canal house books that they put out three times a year, then you'll like this. This book has bigger pictures and more recipes. It goes by month, and covers the entire year. The Canal House books are all fantastic and well worth getting (I am lucky enough to have them all!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and practical., April 29, 2013
This review is from: Canal House Cooks Every Day (Hardcover)
I love this book. It's inspiring, elegant in its simplicity, as well as practical. Most of the recipes use easy to find ingredients, so the book has great suggestions for everyday cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, elegant and simple, February 27, 2013
This review is from: Canal House Cooks Every Day (Hardcover)
I love the Canal House blog and this puts it into your hands. The photographs are stunning, the recipes are easy and fresh and I love that they are categorized by the month of the year. Should be a "must have" in any food enthusiast's library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fancy looking, but practical cooking., May 30, 2013
This review is from: Canal House Cooks Every Day (Hardcover)
I got this as a gift for my mom who religiously follows recipes as written and she has been cooking from it since. The recipes work, are for the most part simple and easy to follow, and so far even the pickiest eater in the family has enjoyed the dishes from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, March 6, 2013
This review is from: Canal House Cooks Every Day (Hardcover)
I have a lot of cookbooks but I think this is one I will use frequently. Enjoyed the variety and freshness of recpes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, March 3, 2013
This review is from: Canal House Cooks Every Day (Hardcover)
Lovely recipes with great photos. I love how wide ranging the recipes are and that because they are organized by month, you are encouraged to eat seasonally.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, elegant recipes, September 16, 2013
This review is from: Canal House Cooks Every Day (Hardcover)
This cookbook is excellent for singles. Fully of elegant tasteful recipes that do not require can sbundancebof ingredients. This cuts down on expenses.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Recipes, May 6, 2013
This review is from: Canal House Cooks Every Day (Hardcover)
Easy, simple, directions. Everyday recipes that the average person can feel comfortable with and they can repeat without going shopping at a gourmet grocery.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Canal House Cooks Every Day
Canal House Cooks Every Day by Melissa Hamilton (Hardcover - October 30, 2012)
$45.00 $35.12