Customer Discussions > Max Payne 3 - Playstation 3 forum

Cancelled my order...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 4, 2012 11:43:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 12:52:48 AM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
The game looks intriguing no doubt, for sure rental for the SP, but the MP just looks like run and gun like Uncharted 3 (which I absolutly despised) as well all pistols. Yeah you have some tactics; cover, roll, dive, but just looks silly all pistols blazing no one is using cover running towards each other, it looks hilarious.

I also know as great as these rockstar games look I've never loved any of them, not one. I know I'm in the minority not hating just to hate, just don't like them. Red Dead I thought was going to be different, but it wasn't, I'm guessing the same thing here, but I hope I'm wrong. However, I'm hearing good things from those that had the privledge to play this weekend #MLG tourney guys, they loved it.

I'm looking forward to the Last Of Us & Crysis 3, but they are far far away from release.

If they do a $20 preorder I'll get Max payne 3.

They already are asking for $30 for all dlc and no one has even played a demo or a beta. This is the first time on the big boy platforms and they want us to prepay for DLC ? So weak.

Posted on May 4, 2012 1:12:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2012 1:19:17 PM PDT
Shopper says:
I haven't placed my order yet, but seriously, $30 for preordering DLCs is ridiculous (or $45 if bought later), especially when the game hasn't even been released! If it was $10, I would understand (like in the past with R* games like LA Noire), but if I'm going to be spending 90-105 bucks for a game, it better be a collector's edition or come with something special.

I'm really not liking game devs announcing DLCs before the game is even released. Either include them with the game or wait 6 months so it feels like we're getting something new, rather than feeling like we're being nickel-and-dimed from day 1.

Posted on May 4, 2012 4:48:43 PM PDT
G. Grimsdale says:
its bs that game companies can announce DLC even before the game is released. especially for 30$ thats half the cost of a new game, the game looks interesting but it doesnt look 60$ interesting especially when you have to pay an extra 30$ for downloadable content which should already be included in the game.

Posted on May 5, 2012 8:53:58 AM PDT
Unit543 says:
yea I'm waiting for the complete edition this summer.

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2012 12:10:13 PM PDT
Grimes says:
You don't HAVE to get DLC at all.

Posted on May 5, 2012 1:18:29 PM PDT
Aaron says:
i won't be touching multiplayer or dlc. single player r* games deserve to be played

Posted on May 6, 2012 10:42:42 AM PDT
DG_DV says:
I'm in the same boat. The campaign looks really fun, but the multiplayer looks mundane and boring. I'll wait for a price drop.

Posted on May 7, 2012 2:54:31 AM PDT
darkitp says:
wait 8 to 12 months , Max Payne 3 Complete edition will come for 49.99 or 59.99 dollars
of course this is for the people who can wait this long .. by then , online players had ranked up , and got bored with the game ..

Posted on May 7, 2012 7:23:31 AM PDT
paper tiger says:
This is one of those games which is more single player based. The multiplayer is just a little bonus for all of you multiplayer gamers out there. I am only buying this for the single player campaign, which I think will be amazing. Day 1 for me!

Looks like most, if not all, of the DLC is multiplayer, which seems pretty basic. I'm not interested in that at all. I just want the single player campaign.

Posted on May 8, 2012 1:23:01 AM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
then why are you paying $60 for SP, just rent it.

Posted on May 8, 2012 5:05:15 AM PDT
paper tiger says:
MoultonHawk says:
"then why are you paying $60 for SP, just rent it."

I'm one of those people who plays a game again and again until I get a Platinum Trophy. And the Max Payne games are some of my all time favorite. To me, the $60 is worth it. Plus I'll get $10 Amazon Game Credit with my pre-order which I'll put down on Future Soldier or Spec Ops!

Posted on May 10, 2012 6:48:17 PM PDT
M. Cooper says:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like the majority of Rockstar's games. I lost interest in Grand Theft Auto after Vice City. I really disliked San Andreas with all of the simulation type stuff that was added. I played Red Dead a bit, but got bored after maybe 2 hours of play. I mean, missions about herding cattle and catching horses? Boring as, you know.... I generally don't like sandbox games because they lose too much purpose. There's too much aimless wandering about, just running into people who want favors from you. Anyway, the first 2 Max Payne games were great fun. I really liked the noir feel and the third-person, bullet-time enabled gunplay. They are two of my most favorite games. That said, I'm waiting for some reviews before I make the purchase on 3. I'm just not confident enough that it will be up to par with the first 2 after so much time and from what I've seen.

Posted on May 11, 2012 8:51:33 PM PDT
Yung says:
I like it when multiplayer games that I play go on sale. Noobs buy them, jump online & get owned by day 1 purchasing me...bullet time!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 5:47:52 PM PDT
T. Lisney says:
I payed $50 each for Max Payne 1 & 2 and took no offense. The multiplayer doesn't seem to be added for fans of the series, but people who know nothing about it.

Posted on May 14, 2012 12:14:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2012 12:18:55 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 14, 2012 11:48:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2012 11:50:55 AM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
wall of text, but thanks. I see Max Payne 2 on the PSN, but not Max Payne 1. I think I'll start there.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 12:00:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 18, 2012 12:01:42 PM PDT
Cullen T. says:
Buy it at walmart the first week of release and you get a free download of max payne 1. I have until the 20th to download mine for free. So...probably the same for all of the other ones from Walmart.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 6:00:28 AM PDT
then you are out of luck if you dont plan on even touching the multiplayer portion.

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 6:07:39 AM PDT
ive played the multiplayer. it always depends on what the player likes. i hate sitting behind cover waiting for somthing to happen. the single payer is great and the multiplayer is fun and does have tactics like the more stuff you put on your class the slower you are and the less stamina you will have to do things like sprinting and rolling as well as slowe health regen. there is a lot of runnig and gunning but i love that because it makes things a whole lot more fun than just sitting in a corner and if you do like to camp than the super easy to use snipers are great for people that like to sit in a corner. ther are very little maps but the dlc should change that.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  May 4, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Max Payne 3 - Playstation 3
Max Payne 3 - Playstation 3 by Rockstar Games (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (417)