5.0 out of 5 stars Required Reading - Cancer 101
I bought this book about 2 years ago and it turned out to be more than I dared to hope for: it demystifies the big "C".

Published on February 26, 2010 by Lisa Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars The core thought is good but the vast elaboration on the topic is tiring
Too much text about a thing; the author is repeating the same over and over which discourages me form reading. The core thought is good but the vast elaboration on the topic is tiring.
Published 2 months ago by Klara Prosova

5.0 out of 5 stars Required Reading - Cancer 101, February 26, 2010
Lisa Harris (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cancer Is Not a Disease - It's a Survival Mechanism (Paperback)

The author explains the conditions that promote cancer and the physiological mechanisms by which it develops; he provides valuable insight on possible causes and discusses non-toxic health options targeted to reducing/eliminating the conditions the promote cancer, thereby creating a physical, emotional and energetic environment conducive to healing. The language is clear and accessible, the data is presented in a organized and logical fashion, aided by visual sketches to help the reader conceptually understand and absorb the information.

What I loved about this book was that it tackles cancer by heading toward the root cause--the most effective and time-saving (and cheapest) way to solve any problem--championing a healing approach as opposed to the conventional treatment of symptoms (which in my experience tends to produce side effects, inconsistent efficacy and shorter-term results). When you want to kill a weed, you don't just hack off the branches and spray it, you rip it out at the root. No other articles or books on cancer that I have read before or since this one has employed this very simple, fundamental logic.

I found this book so informative and empowering that I went back and purchased two more copies: one to give to a loved one who had been diagnosed with prostate cancer, and the other copy to keep for lending out to friends and neighbors.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who has cancer or has a loved one living with cancer. Now, if you like the comfort of being told what to do, and scared witless by your chances with the standard regimen of surgery and/or highly toxic chemo and/or radiation (that some studies are indicating may actually cause cancer--Google it!), this book is not for you; however, if you are more like me and you seek to understand how and why cancer develops, factual analysis and a common-sense healing perspective, and information you can act on, this book is required reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars B Abeler, RN, Certified Colon Hydrotherapist, May 3, 2010
I am an RN and now currently a certified colon hydrotherapist. Going through nursing school, taking classes over the past 30 years to renew my nursing license, and reading many books on health over the years, has not given the amount of applicable, understandable and scientific information regarding true health care as this one. We are being sold a bill of goods when it comes to cancer and my eyes are now opened for good. I will be sharing this book with as many people as I can. Thank you Andreas for your forthrightness and bravery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting Read, February 25, 2010
Cancer. Even the word evokes terror in most people's mind and heart. I was one of those people after finding a large mass in my breast. Knowing that I had read enough about traditional medicine and knowing that I would never subject myself to being poked, prodded, radiated or burned, I started my search. I came across this book and I'm so thankful that I did. Not only is is packed with very important information, it also gives you peace in knowing that cancer is not an ugly monster that has invaded your body to kill you. It's a wake up call. It's there to show you how to love yourself and how to take responsibility for your own health. Our bodies are amazing self-healing machines if we just rid ourselves of all the toxins we put in it. Thanks Andreas, for putting this important information out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take back your health!, February 22, 2010
If you have the feeling that there may be a better way to treat cancer than with toxic (lethal) chemicals and surgery, you owe it to yourself to read this book. Though the vast majority of our doctors and nurses are caring, well-intentioned people, our medical system has been hijacked by big Pharma. Andreas Moritz is one of many brave individuals willing to risk the scorn and attacks of the current medical establishment to bring us this message of self-empowerment and common sense. I don't criticize anyone for the health care decisions they make, we all must do what makes sense to us, but I encourage everyone to not be driven by fear or prejudice. When you unearth the facts, you will be surprised.

On a side note, I'm disappointed in the Tag Suggestions Amazon lists for this book, quackery, disinformation, and the like. Could they be a bit less prejudicial, please?

5.0 out of 5 stars Very great book! Cancer is truly not understood, February 21, 2010
This is a very good book.
The whole concept that cells are being starved of oxygen and food and not able to remove wastes is
a very valid possibility. First, I do not know of anyone who actually would ask the question
"are the capillaries working?". There is this pervasive assumption that cancer just "happens" to
one. NO it does not. He makes the observation that cells will do anything to survive, and when
the support system (capillaries) is not working then what? It seems possible that drastic measures would
be done by cells to survive. Which would include anaerobic operation and regression to more primitive kind
of cell life.

There has been experiments where cells were put into perfectly supporting environments (artificially) where all food and oxygen were available and all wastes were handled perfectly. They discovered that the cells became immortal under those conditions. The experiment was allowed to continue over 30 years with no cell death!!
So don't tell me that disease just "happens". There is always a cause. And our so-called normal way of life is
so far from perfection that there seems no resemblance to perfection whatsoever. So called health is not that at all. The claim of perfect health with "normal" methods is fraudulent.

He also writes about why the capillaries fail. It is all about diet and lifestyle.

He gives recommendations of what to do about this situation where cells are not being supported.
Please note these recommendations are far less dangerous than any of the status-quo methods of treating cancer.
I.E. the slash and burn approach to cancer. Our medical professions standard operating procedure for cancer
is a terrible joke. What, give deadly poison to kill cancer cells. Never mind that all cells suffer and its
a race condition between how much cancer dies and how much of the patient dies. It's been know that people die before getting all the cancer that way. Radiation is similar to this. And surgery is grossly crude in the precision of its reach, and grossly disturbing. All of these have terrible side effects. I know someone with surgical adhesions in the colon from cancer surgery, and she has had terrible pain from this for over a year. And has trouble eating and keeping her weight and energy up.

So get the book, It will save someone from all the quackery of so called "Medical Science (an oxymoron?)".

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspicious, February 23, 2010
I've noticed some suspicious looking "reviews" for this book recently. First of all, they are not reviews at all, the "authors" admit to never even reading the book. That alone should send the warning flag up. Secondly, all those 1 star reviews were posted within a few days of one another. Looks to me like some kind of smear campaign.

I don't have cancer. But if I did, or someone close to me did, then the first book I would give them would be this one. If you have read anything by the author, then you know that he is operating from a completely different point of view when in comes to health. And believe me, from everything I've experienced since being introduced to his work, it is a MUCH HEALTHIER point of view than that of Western "Medicine."

Save your politically motivated reviews. Keep an open mind and heart and give anything that Mr. Moritz has written a try. You will not be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cancer is NOT a Disease, July 17, 2010
vERNON cOOPER (Yeovil, Somerset, GB) - See all my reviews
As a person who has Cancer I stumbled on this publication whilst watching a DVD on Reiki. The first part of the book deals with the causes of Cancer both physical and pschycological. Some statistics regarding Chemo Therapy make compulsive reading. The theme of the book is that it is possible to heal yourself once you face up to your demons and excesses which have caused your condition.eg Long term rifts with people , often families can contribute in a large way to the condition which is your body warning you that this cannot continue. On the diet front I was astounded at the dangers of eating certain foods. Some things seem a bit "cranky" but that is my opinion. Others might take a different view.

Having read the book I immediately recognised certain triggers to my condition. I have dealt with long term feuds and completely changed my diet. My quality of life has changed and I feel a much more optimistic person . The title says it all Cancer is NOT a Disease it is a survival Mechanism

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginning to make sense of Cancer and Health in General, February 21, 2010
I think the quackery is more in the proven deaths from cancer treatment, medication and hospitalization. That is already proven. So, who are the real quacks?

I found this book very interesting and the beginning of opening up new dialogues and supporting theorists whose research has been dismissed and downplayed and attacked by the billion dollar pharmaceutical companies that run the world.

If these theories are wrong, then WHY do people who are vegan and live great healthy lives avoid the diseases that cripple the country? Why do shots of wheatgrass juice cure illness? I have experienced this MYSELF! I am so intrigued that I want more. There is so much to learn about including that you don't die when you fast, rather, you cleanse!

I went down to Panama and there are people down there who have fasted up to 8 months with NO FOOD! Granted they became very healthy having many diseases cured and granted they did have enough fat to keep them going for so many months. However, even a thin person will purge toxins and benefit from such a fast for a shorter amount of time.

It's hard to believe that we know so little about our bodies when we listen to the AMA, FDA and the lines about diet fed to us at school. Of course, wouldn't ye know it....just follow the money. Watch FOOD, INC. You can get it on netflix.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true Masterpiece, February 27, 2010
This book openly challenges the current medical model,
using evidence from many reliable sources which has been
concealed from the general public for many years now.
The author demonstrates an impressive ability to put the
pieces of the puzzle together into a whole, synthesizing a
radically new picture of what cancer really is.
He also proposes a new holistic approach to curing it,
which he has successfully employed in his own healing practise.
The book of Mr Moritz is so empowering, it can remove the
fear of cancer once and for all.
It must be viewed to his credit, that his work was
published within a social framework largely unsympathetic to
anyone who dares to openly challenge the current medical
model and the science upheld by the profit-driven
pharma/medical industry.
I have worked in the field of conventional medicine for several
years. Conventional medicine has failed miserably in curing most
types of cancer and chronic disease. I believe we are fast approaching
new healing modalities that will not depend on conventional practices
that are dependent on drugs or other invasive procedures - thanks to
the work of people like Mr Moritz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is a two-time Nobel Prize Winner a quack too?, February 21, 2010
To those of you who call Mr. Moritz a quack, I challenge you to study the work of a two-time Nobel Prize Winning scientist and physician, Otto Warburg, who concluded that cancer cannot live in a properly alkalinized, oxygenated body, back in 1931. Mr. Moritz helped me while I was dealing with a tumor that had been removed and decided to be malignant after the fact. I did not go with the several weeks of radiation recommended after the removal, but followed his advice and read this book and was at peace with my decision. All remains well two years after the fact. I am suspicious of anybody who thinks that pharmacueticals and "procedures" are the only means of intervention in illness and disease! They are at best, temporary fixes. Mr. Moritz has been helping people here in the United States for many years.

Cancer Is Not a Disease - It's a Survival Mechanism
Cancer Is Not a Disease - It's a Survival Mechanism by Andreas Moritz (Paperback - August 27, 2008)
$22.95 $20.91