Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Candle in the Darkness/Fire by Night/A Light to My Path (Refiner's Fire Series 1-3)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 1, 2006
I just finnished the third book in this series and have been very impressed with the stories. I really enjoyed Fire by Night. The stories had great messages of courage and enduring the trials that God puts into our lives to mold and shape us so we can become His. The books, though religious in nature, were not obviously one denomination or another. They just held simple truths that all christian religions could appreciate. GOOD STUFF!!!!!!!!!!
on March 29, 2007
We read the Chronicles of the Kings by Lynn Austin as a family, and because of that (they were "awesome"), my 15 year old daughter wanted to read everything possible that Lynn Austin has written. She read the Refiner's Fire and loved them so much she couldn't put them down, and even read one of the books twice. These volumes will teach your child more about the Civil War that will be unforgettable then any history textbook you'll ever find on the subject.
on January 15, 2007
Amazing series of 3 books from 3 different points of view. These books were heart-tugging page turners! I felt like I really got to know the characters. I felt like I was there in the 1860's.

Fantastic historical fiction. By far one of my favorite series of books. They can even stand alone, especially # 2.

Highly recommended!
on June 8, 2009
This is the first book we read by Lynn Austin. Since we read this two years ago, we have read all of Lynn's books and find them to be uplifting, entertaining and helpful in understanding people. They are well-written and so worthwile. We have never read a Lynn Austin book we didn't like! She is a wonderful asset to the Christian community.
on August 10, 2006
These books grab you and don't let go..... I read Candle in the Darkness twice now and the second time was better because you can really grasp the message. I hope she will continue this series in another book putting them all together.
on March 23, 2006
I am reading this for a book club...and they are AWSOME. When you start reading it is hard to put the book down!! ENJOY
on June 8, 2007
This is an excellent series of books on the Civil War! Although the story line is fictional, they are laced with true history regarding the Civil War. I could hardly put these books down, wondering what would happen next or what decisions the characters would make. We are homeschoolers, and I plan to have my high schoolers read the series for part of our Civil War History unit. They will love them!!!
on October 28, 2007
Lynn does such an amazing job with the characters. I felt for them so much, and DID NOT want the books to be over with! I love these books. The second I have to say is my favorite, but the first one did make me cry! The third is really good, it just breaks my heart on how they use to treat the slaves. A MUST READ!
on November 2, 2012
Some of the best books I have read in years. I ordered a set to give as a gift so my mom could enjoy them too.
on September 5, 2015
Loved them!!! Great story and inspirational.