5.0 out of 5 stars Candles In The Dark is a book for all Christian Libraries.
Published on September 23, 1997

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite
This book was recommended by a friend who obviously has a completely different taste in books than I do. It was well written though.
Published 7 months ago by L. Kae

5.0 out of 5 stars Candles In The Dark is a book for all Christian Libraries., September 23, 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Candles in the Dark (Paperback)
Candles In The Dark contains brief scripture and devotional reading designed to give comfort and inspire compassion. Full of uplifting and positive thought, the book gives inspiration to people in all walks of life, and undergoing different challenges of faith. I find it hard to keep a copy of it on my shelf; I am more likely to give it away to someone in need of God's comfort. It seems to serve its purpose best in the hands of the broken hearted. Order two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic book!, September 28, 2009
This review is from: Candles in the Dark (Paperback)
A friend gave me this book and I had to purchase 4 more for friends of mine! It is so encouraging and insightful. When I am having a rough day, all I have to do is open this book and read a little. This woman had the Spirit of God dwelling in her! You can read it on the pages of this wonderfully written book. If only we could be so open and honest with our friends this day and age. She said it like it was, and I am sure her friends loved her for it. Such encouraging and honest words from such a Godly woman. I only wish I heard about Amy Carmichael years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amy Carmichael Always Inspires, January 25, 2013
R. W. DeFord (Stony Creek, CT USA) - See all my reviews
I've read excerpts of this book in other Carmichael anthologies. It's great to have a copy of the complete book, to have alongside of several other works by her. This book contains short excerpts of her encouragements to others in Christ. I read a page each morning along with my other devotional materials. This one comes first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book!, January 2, 2011
This review is from: Candles in the Dark (Paperback)
The book was part of a Christmas exchange gift that was fought over. There are alot of great words of wisdom that will be shared throughout my family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book!, March 25, 2011
This review is from: Candles in the Dark (Paperback)
I bought this book last year, and was incredibly blessed by it. It's the kind of book that you pick up again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful writings, July 1, 2014
There is so much grace and beauty to Amy Carmichael's letters. I couldn't read this book straight through. It was too rich, so I would read only a few letters at a time to truly grasp their meaning. I'd re-read them over and over. And only when I felt I had tasted all their richness, I would move on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfort where Comfort is Needed, March 5, 2014
This review is from: Candles in the Dark (Paperback)
This humble woman found her call to truly serve God with no looking back. She writes in a poetic and thoughtful way. What I like about Candles is that you can read one short section and be refreshed with something deep to ponder. This is not a devotional; it is Amy drawing on her knowledge of scripture combine with her great compassion. What is missing for me is a more anecdote as to the suffering and subsequent comfort she writes about. The focus is not on the specific hurt, eyes are always on the One who can take the pain away.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite, December 15, 2013
L. Kae (Bishop, CA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Insight, December 13, 2013
6Ford (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Candles in the Dark (Paperback)
This is a beautiful compilation of letters written by Amy Carmichael, and what a treasure it is! The letters are short, easy to read and incredibly poignant! I have read it twice and desire to read it once a year because the application of God's word in her life was so real and raw and relatable (from a sinner's perspective, not from a bed-ridden saint for 20 years . . . I can't even begin to imagine.) Read this! You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly inspirational., October 20, 2013
Amy Carmichael says what my heart wants to say but does not know how. Extremely excellent in every way. Written for those who desire a closer walk with God.

Candles in the Dark
Candles in the Dark by Amy Carmichael (Paperback - August 1, 1982)
$6.99 $6.64