5.0 out of 5 stars Made a great gift!
I bought this for my mom, a child of the 50s... she loved it! She stayed outside with her wax lips and candy cigarettes and had a great time. Wonderful. Cute box, too.
Published on September 23, 2005 by A. Garten

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money
1950's Retro Candy Gift Box
Published on February 2, 2009 by roadtripper

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, February 2, 2009
roadtripper (Monterey, TN United States) - See all my reviews
1950's Retro Candy Gift Box
I ordered this for my husband for Christmas 2008. The box was torn and banged up. There may have been $5.00 worth of candy in it and most of it was stuff I could have bought in any novelty shop-even cracker barrel. As a matter of fact, Cracker Barrel did have similar items in a basket for half the price. I wish I had saved my money. Then add on the shipping- it was VERY expensive!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, November 9, 2009
This review is from: Candy Crate 1950's Retro Candy Gift Box (Grocery)
I bought the 1950's candy crate for my daughter for her birthday. I paid $38.00 with shipping and handling. I don't know what I expected but I was stunned at how little we got. It was about $5.00 worth of candy (probably worth no more than $.50 total in the 1950's), .50 for all the waste of paper to stuff the box, and the rest of the cost was probably for nostalgia. I would never buy one again.

1.0 out of 5 stars 1950's Retro Candy Gift Box Purchase, July 13, 2009
Great idea.
I was excited to give this as a gift. Very disappointed when it arrived.
Expensive for what you actually get. I felt I needed to purchase an additional gift to go with it which made it even more expensive.
I won't order this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a great gift!, September 23, 2005
A. Garten (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars For the hard to buy, August 27, 2007
SMC77 (Chatsworth, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Candy Crate 1950's Retro Candy Gift Box (Grocery)
My brother thought this was one of the best and unique gifts he had ever received. He and his wife laughed and shared stories of their childhood as they sorted through the basket. They fought over their favorites and thanked me time and again for the fun the had with this gift.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice assortment, but quality was poor., March 20, 2011
J. Palmer (New York, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Candy Crate 1950's Retro Candy Gift Box (Grocery)
The Retro Candy Gift Box was a nostalgic assortment of nostalgic candies. I bought it for a family member who enjoyed several of these candies during their childhood years. Unfortunately the candy freshness was poor. Most of the confections were shelf-stale. Old. Gums were rock-hard, such as the Bazooka individuals. Suckers had a soft outer layer. Too many items were obviously past their sell-by dates. The joke went around the table that "maybe these candies *are* actually left over from the 50's!". It was a trip down memory lane for the gift receiver, but a disappointing one at that. I would not buy this again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stale Candy, January 3, 2011
This review is from: Candy Crate 1950's Retro Candy Gift Box (Grocery)
I purchased this product for a gift for someone who liked to reminisce about his old days are kid and the candy he use to eat all the time. After seeing this thought it would be a good gift. However, he opened and wanted to share some and we found out that all of the candy was stale and was inedible. I would not recommend this product for anyone even if they price were to drop.

3.0 out of 5 stars Retro candy, August 3, 2009
This review is from: Candy Crate 1950's Retro Candy Gift Box (Grocery)
Well, the thought is really cool and I thought it would be a great gift, but as someone else stated, it is not very much candy for the price. If you want something similar, Cracker Barrel has one much cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Blast From the Past!, June 26, 2008
Lisa K. Lessard (Rutherfordton, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Candy Crate 1950's Retro Candy Gift Box (Grocery)
I bought this gift box for my husband and he absolutely loved it. He went from a 62-year-old man to a 5-year-old kid in the candy store. It had all his favorite candies from the 1950's and he was thrilled. I definitely recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke a tooth, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Candy Crate 1950's Retro Candy Gift Box (Grocery)
The candy in the box was very nostalgic(cool) but it very well may have been fresher if it was from the 50's. Holy moly the stuff was hard as a rock(juju-bees and gum). I busted a tooth on the juju's. I didnt expect it to overflow with candy but DID expect it to be a little, check that, a LOT fresher than it was. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!

ARRAY(0x9e7b1198)