Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 17, 2008
These are great! I ordered them for my son, who is allergic to wheat, food colorings, dairy, (and a long list of other things) in order to replace regular laces being used at his school for a special snack. I was only hoping for something passable, but these are really good. I hesitated though, because the ingredients weren't on the listing. Amazon, people with allergies need to read the ingredient lists before ordering!
(from the package)"Ingredients:organic corn syrup, organic rice flour, organic rice starch, organic concentrated fruit juice: strawberry (3%), apple, elderberry, organic flavour: strawberry. Store cool and dry. This product is made with gluten free ingredients and equipment is thoroughly cleaned to avoid cross-contamination."
on January 2, 2007
I just received my package today and I couldn't wait to try this. These Strawberry laces are the BEST! They remind me of my childhood, before they started adding all the high fructose this and that to products. Best of all, I can actually for the first time in my life eat a piece of licorice and not be sick! I know some gluten free items don't meet up to the expectations and taste of the "regular" stuff. TRY THESE!! They will be on your shopping list all the time and anyone who is on a gluten free diet will LOVE to be sent this treat! Make sure you have enough for yourself as you won't want to be without it.
on February 7, 2007
My 5-year-old daughter is allergic to every artificial food color so it is difficult to find treats that are tasty and dye-free. This licorice has an excellent natural strawberry flavor. The pieces are a smaller size, which is nice for a child's portion. My only negative is that the texture is a little harder than what you've come to expect with your non-organic full-of-dye licorice, but I found myself gladly chewing a little longer for the wonderful flavor. Besides, it's not a bad thing to have to take a little longer to eat a piece of candy! I'm back to try the raspberry next.
on June 15, 2008
My 2 1/2 son who is allergic to wheat loves these laces! They are not as good as regular ones, but pretty good for a wheat-free alternative. Licorice is one of the few types of candy we ever let our son eat so we were very disappointed to find out it contained wheat ingredients. Thank goodness for Candy Tree.
on April 18, 2012
The Candy Tree strawberry laces are delicious. They come fresh as though just packaged. Amazon's price using the auto ship is the lowest, yet at the same time these are a pricey treat. I really like strawberry licorice, and since I'm allergic to wheat there are few options, so thank goodness for this product. These laces are a healthier alternative made with fruit juices, and they are yummy! This link is for the full price, but if you look at the product there is also an auto ship price that is lower.Candy Tree Organic Strawberry Laces, 2.6-Ounce Packages (Pack of 12)
on November 28, 2015
THIS LICORICE IS NOT GLUTEN FREE. THE MANUFACTURER IS CLAIMING THAT THE PRODUCT IS GLUTEN FREE. IN ORDER FOR THE PRODUCT TO BE GLUTEN FREE IT MUST BE PRODUCED IN A GLUTEN FREE ENVIRONMENT. THE BACK OF THE PACKAGING CLEARLY STATES THAT THE EQUIPMENT HAS BEEN "CLEANED" PROPERLY TO AVOID CONTAMINATION, WHICH IMPLIES THIS PRODUCT IS, IN FACT, BEING PRODUCED IN AN ENVIRONMENT WITH PRODUCTS CONTAINING GLUTEN
on October 11, 2011
I find these are a great alternative to the licorice laces we are all used to. The taste and texture seemed very similar to me. In fact, I like them better because of the lack of the artificial aftertaste. Would definitely buy again.
on December 12, 2011
We recently discovered my daughter has food alergies. Since before Halloween, I've been trolling the internet looking for candy that she can eat. She loves chocolate but it's not enough variety. When I saw these I got very excited because she's wanted to try twizzlers but can't. Fortunately, I tried them first. There is a very faint taste of strawberry-like flavor but what little flavor I was able to crush out of these things was not worth the work my jaws had to put in to get it. Even as I write this, having tossed the package away 20 minutes ago, I have a rather nasty after-taste even Lifebouy might not get out. Nice story on the packaging about how the company came about but the story is far more satisfying than the product. No thank you.
on April 13, 2014
Love that these are organic, but the flavor is definitely subtle and the pieces are pretty dry. Ok would be my review. Delivery etc. though was great. No complaints with the vendor.
on June 13, 2015
These are so good! I was really surprised, because they are way more soft than any of the other Candy Tree licorices I eat on a regular basis!