5.0 out of 5 stars A must for breeders!
Published on May 11, 2007 by Jayne Athey

2.0 out of 5 stars Title Says it All
I purchased this book to help me with an upcoming breed. I read the title and the first few pages. Be aware that all the book covers is actual reproduction and whelping. Even though the title says this I did not find the book very helpful. If your girl will be artificially inseminated and receive a c-section then you are basically wasting your time here. No...
Published on March 24, 2011 by VinsanityD

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for breeders!, May 11, 2007
This review is from: Canine Reproduction and Whelping: A Dog Breeder's Guide (Paperback)
Before breeding my first litter, I read anything I could get my hands on, ordered appropriate books, intensely searched online, got my emergency supplies together, my puppy exercises prepared, and my vet on standby. But in all the searching I did, these two books (this one and Puppy Intensive Care, same author) were really what I was looking for at the time. Wrapped in a neat package, they cover everything that you could experience as an emergency. Many of the questions I still had unanswered in my mind after the litters I've raised were answered in these two books. I would just add How to Raise a Puppy You Can Live With as a good overall puppy development and socialization book.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS!!!!!, March 31, 2007
I will try my hardest to express in mere words how insanely wonderful this book is. Here goes.

I read several breeding books before I found this one and I found this one to have the best advice of them all. The lady is an RN midwife that works in a hospital delivering human babies. She did this for years before learning to be a dog breeder and becoming friends with a vet that is an absolute expert in canine midwifery that taught her a thing or two that's for sure. Her medical experience plus what she's learned from whelping puppies combines for one extremely objective, helpful book that is still down to earth and understandable for anybody.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't forget to discuss with your vet!!!, July 16, 2008
This is a good book but a first time breeder would be making a mistake to not discuss the whelping recommendations given here with their vet... use of Calsorb, in particular, but a few others. All dogs are individuals and one size does not fit all.

The companion book, Puppy Intensive Care, is also helpful and its DVD shows how to do sub Q IV and insert a feeding tube.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good resource, August 10, 2008
Amazon Customer (Sabattus, Maine United States) - See all my reviews
If you have not had the opportunity to attend one of Myra's seminars, this is the next best thing. This book has a lot of hands on practical information. She has a simple matter of fact style of instruction. Her explanations and directions include easy too follow instructions. Very basic information,... the 'need to know' stuff. Not an expansive all inclusive text. Just the down to earth topics to get you through the moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterwork., March 23, 2012
I have been studying, breeding and exhibiting dogs for the last few decades. For most of that time, I did not have internet access and was limited to learning via other breeder/exhibitors and the few books I could find to order in various dog magazines. I love to learn and search-out knowledge and felt myself to be fairly educated in the fields. This book has given me more information in a week than I learned in 20+ years of trying.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Necessary Title for Any Breeder, July 31, 2008
This book covers so much more that hasn't been covered in other popular breeding books. Well worth the investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, July 12, 2007
This is an awesome book for anyone that is interested in breeding dogs, or just for the over all general care of your pets.
I can't say enough good things about the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource, January 20, 2009
Bubba Hite (South Carolina) - See all my reviews
This is the best resource that I've seen on canine reproduction and whelping. Excellent, excellent information contained!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for breeders, April 24, 2009
I have this book and other books by Myra Savant-Harris. Great author, and speaker. I read her books and then went to a clinic, by Myra. Was great!! I learned so much, and she is so helpful. I had a question and emailed her, she answer me right away. Keep up all your good work Myra Savant-Harris.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, January 10, 2013
Floragem Scotties (North Carolina/Florida) - See all my reviews
I cannot tell you how many times we have referred to this book before and since our pups, who are now 14 days old, arrived.
Valuable information. A must have.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Canine Reproduction and Whelping: A Dog Breeder's Guide
Canine Reproduction and Whelping: A Dog Breeder's Guide by Myra Savant-Harris (Paperback - January 1, 2006)
$24.95 $18.00