Cannon EOS Rebel T2i I am a beginner and I've just bought this camera and it came with EF-S 18-55 lens. My grand daughter is a swimmer and I want a zoom lens that will let me get up close plus be good for action. I don't have a lot of money to spend and I'm not sure which lens will fit my camera. I am looking at Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras. Would that one fit my camera and do you think it would be good for what I need?
asked by Judy W. Simmons on March 12, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
votes
I have this lens, I used it for several months before upgrading to the 75-300 IS USM. If you don't want blurry pictures then you will have to spend the money on better tools. I take a lot of bird pictures and was able to track them using the non IS lens but it was very difficult and unless the pools where the competitions are held are in bright light you won't get sharp pictures. I did try using this one at our dance hall, (poor light for pictures) I eventually had to go to a 50 mm 1.4 that does great in low light. You wanting telephoto though, for the money the 75-300 IS at about $450 was the way that I decided to go and I really like what I get now. I have had my t2i for nearly two and a half years. Hope this helps you a little bit. If you want to see a few of my shots with the IS lens. My flickr page is lightninrod49.
R. Manwell answered on April 16, 2012

A
votes
Thank you so much for your reply. I guess I need to bit the bullet and spend the extra bucks.
Judy W. Simmons answered on April 16, 2012

A
votes
Is this a good lens to take baseball action photos?
Robyn C. answered on January 28, 2014

A
votes
Can I use this lens with my canon rebel t2i?
CLAUDIA IZAGUIRRE answered on May 27, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›