Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cannon Season 3 (1973-1974)
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on February 12, 2013
This is an outstanding TV show, part of the Quinn Martin canon (pardon the pun) of detective/cop shows from the 70s. My only complaint is with the picture/sound quality. Like the previous 2 seasons, the image is somewhat murky and faded, like a 16 mm print. I don't know whether the master reels still exist or not, but the source of these releases seems to be inferior syndication prints (who knows what generation?). The soundtrack also sounds worn out and patchy at times. Could they have remastered these episodes to make them as pristine as, say, Streets of San Francisco, Barnaby Jones, Hawaii 5-0? Not sure what the answer to that is, but I find the discrepancy in quality between Cannon and these other shows to be rather odd. I didn't have any issues with skipping or freezing, I'm happy to say (though I still have a couple of discs yet to watch). I have no trouble in recommending this release to fans of 70s detective shows, however, lower your expectations regarding picture and sound quality. It certainly is better than nothing!
on January 18, 2013
I was not aware at the time of purchase, but this release is a DVD-R release. It's the first such release I've seen from CBS. The menus are of the same format seen with seasons 1 & 2. The 24 episodes are presented on 6 discs. The transfers are adequate, much the same as seen on the first two seasons. Episode promos are included on each disc. The only other bonus is in getting an entire season for less than the price of half a season of the previous sets. I'm just happy that CBS got these out in ANY format.
on September 12, 2012
I've purchased the other sets and agree that the quality is not the best, but it's pretty decent, and fact is, that given the times we live, it's not likely that sets like these will be produced in the numbers needed to make a profit while selling them at a low cost. I will buy this set and enjoy it for what it brought to me many years back when I used to watch Cannon, Monday nights at 8:00pm in Puerto Rico...BTW: back then the series was shown in Spanish..with no titles! Every episode, a cliffhanger, with all the suspense and smarts that a well developed script ought to have: These days...practically non-existent. Thanks for putting this great set out, and I look forward for more seasons ahead. I look forward to opening the set and watching episodes Monday night at 8:00pm, this time without my parents telling me it was time to turn off the TV and finish my homework.
on January 31, 2013
It is great to have this full third season release, as opposed to the volumes of earlier episodes. Cannon was an international hit, and was still very popular in England and Europe decades after the series ended production. These DVD's, like the earlier unrestored Cannons, were transferred from videotape and wear the 1980's "V" Viacom logo after the end credits. Cannon, season 3, looked okay on a 1992 Zenith 27" color TV, with fair resolution, passable color, and more well developed stories. Frank Cannon, unlike many detectives of the '70's, is a lone wolf, trying to live very well while solving cases. Bring on the complete season 4, please, CBS, and include the 1980 TV movie, The Return Of Frank Cannon, as a bonus on the complete season 5.
on August 11, 2012
I am already 50 years old and I faintly remembered liking this series when it made its' original run in the '70's. When the first season was released on DVD a few years ago, I purchased it hoping it was as good as I remembered it to be. I wasn't dissappointed. William Conrad was a "Top Shelf" actor with a destinctive, one-of-a-kind voice. I now have the first and second season and I'm extremely happy that season number three is coming out. I only hope that all 5 seasons will be realeased before too long.
on January 31, 2013
First off the picture quality is not that bad considering the age of the material. They could have restored it and made the quality of the picture on par with Mannix or Mission Impossible, just don't watch on too big a screen. That being said, whats not to like about Cannon he a real character, I love the way he thunderers around in that big ass Lincoln of his even going off road in a few episodes. It's good TV from an era when TV was interesting too watch. The disc's are fine in my mind and I deducted one star from the set because they could improved the picture., other than that its great too see Cannon again. Be the way where is the next DVD set of Barnaby Jones ?????

Cheers !
on March 24, 2013
I was excited that CBS and Amazon were teaming up to finish releasing many of these classic Quinn Martin crime dramas via the Manufacture on Demand process. As such, I jumped on this release the first chance I got. They play flawlessly for me and were worth the money. I would love to see more of Cannon and I certainly hope that this carries over to Barnaby Jones (with only one of eight seasons released so far).
on March 4, 2014
I've owned poor quality bootlegs of the entire show for some while, so I was enormously grateful to have access to this DVD. Simply the best TV detective show ever in my humble opinion. Frank is a decent, kind, big man who wields a mean karate chop, and is a crack shot with his .38 Special. The episodes are exceptionally well written, and assume the viewer to have at least a modicum of intelligence. Additionally the scripts often deal with social subjects in an unusually (for the day) candid and sensitive manner. Compelling, intriguing tales not short on action see Frank driving a massive Lincoln Mark IV furnished with a very early model mobile phone through the streets of Los Angeles, although his travels frequently take him out of town too. I do hope the entire series will eventually become available, as Cannon really deserves to be shown in entirety

For those who want a fuller Cannon experience, several paperback books were published such as this for instance: The Stewardess Strangler (Cannon #2) (Lancer Books #75260) in addition to a British comic strip in the UK comic books Target and TV Comic. Here's a list of the complete series of paperback novels. All are original stories not committed to broadcast and all are available on either Amazon or Amazon UK.

Murder By Gemini (1971, by Richard Gallagher)
The Stewardess Strangler (1971, by Richard Gallagher)
The Golden Bullet (1973, by Paul Denver)
The Deadly Chance (1973, by Paul Denver)
I've Got You Covered (1973, by Paul Denver)
The Falling Blonde (1975, by Paul Denver)
It's Lonely On The Sidewalk (1976; by Paul Denver)
Farewell, Little Sister (1978, by Douglas Enfer)
Shoot-Out! (1979, by Douglas Enfer)
on January 16, 2013
My husband is enjoying Season 3 of Cannon, he is hoping that they release the remainder of the series, this was one of his favorite shows growing up.
on January 16, 2013
Finally season 3 is here. I was elated to see the Ups truck coming up the drive way with Frank in tow. I would have given 5 stars, but the picture quality could have been better. About the same as the first two seasons. But the quality of the shows is first rate and I liked the episode promos. I also wish that they would have had more variety in the photos they used on the back cover. But I am just so glad that it was released, and at an affordable price too. I have watched 6 episodes today, and plan to watch another one tonight. Another good thing for Me, is that there are a few episodes on the set that I have not seen, so thats an added bonus. The episode with Martin Sheen and Rober Webber, is one of my all time favorite Cannon episodes. The scene where Frank is making the huge Sub,is just so funny. When he offers it to the Sheen character and Martin, after first refusing says ok yes I will take it, William Conrad's face is priceless. He should have received an Emmy for that scene alone. The show is just so much fun. Buy it you will like it. Richard.