Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 5 - (17"-19")|Color: Black|Change

on August 20, 2010
This collar is the only thing that has actually SIGNIFICANTLY reduced my dog's pulling. I've tried the easy walk harness which is good, but she can still pull on it. Also tried a prong collar and a head harness which she hated. This collar is similar to the head halter but the leash clips behind the head rather than below the neck so it's less jarring on your dog. She still tries to paw the nose piece off but I think she'll get used it.

I bought the collar because she likes to lunge and pull when she sees other dogs. She saw dogs this morning and her pulling ability was drastically reduced...normally I feel like my arm is going to fall off but with this collar, she was easily managed.

The collar runs big so order down if your dog is between 2 sizes.

If I had to critique the collar at all, I'd say that the nose-piece can get a little loose but I think it's just about getting used to adjusting it properly.
on December 5, 2010
This is needed if you have a powerful,pulling,lunging dog!
I have a Rotti mix and this keeps my arms from being ripped off when he sees other dogs.
Positive reinforcement is a must. Make sure you let him sniff....and he is calm when placing collar on.
Massage back etc....because this will be foreign to him. short loose leash is the key. Will not work if leash is taught all the time.... This will cause the dog to be irritated. Therefore he will avoid the collar next time... If you have a "lunging" dog....pull back and say "no" make sure you relax the leash when he stops pulling...this is the key. Collar will not break...i have a very powerful dog and I can walk with confidence now. I only weigh 115lbs! When dog walks to the front....(you want him at a heel) give a gentle tug and release.
If he lunges...he will "snap back" it puts pressure on top of his muzzle. No neck damage. If he tries to remove with paw...lift his head up and say no....keep walking and he will quickly heel again...
If you have a powerful active breed...I suggest a back pack with this. These are powerful tools and will save you a trip to the dog trainer! Love it...I recommend to anyone who is training a dog...the goal is to eventually use a regular collar.
Works for the most obstinate of breeds!
Canny has a video on u-tube with instructions....
on October 22, 2014
Completely changed my walks with my 7 month old husky. She's always so excited and hyper when we're outside on our walks and she was trying to pull me around like a sled. Even with the Easywalk harness she was pulling like mad. I got this when she chewed the buckle off the Easywalk harness and I'm so glad I did. This gently reminds her that I'm still there with her so she slows down and walks next to me instead of charging ahead. My only issue is the very big ugly company logo advertising patches. I actually wrote an email to the company just to give feedback about this and received a very pleasant well thought out un-canned response from them regarding it. They said they were considering making the patches removable and were looking into other designs which would be marvelous. If they do, I'll be thrilled. I attached pics to show how it looks on her and the patches I mentioned.
review image review image
on August 10, 2013
This is my second Canny Collar. I LOVE them!!! I recommend nothing else for anyone who has a power breed. Power breeds are best controlled by their head. Regular collars and harnesses only give them more power...since they have such powerful chests and necks. I bought my first one several years ago for my Pit Bull mix Jake. He is a troublesome boy on walks...and this has worked far better than anything else I have tried...and I have tried everything!! (chokers, Halti's, pinch collars, harnesses, etc). This is safe, humane, easy to use, & durable. This one is for my newest addition to the family, my Pit Bull named Cider. :D
on June 12, 2014
The concept of this collar is a good one as with others of this style. It does control the leash pulling very well. My problem is that if you don't keep the leash tight, the collar slips off the nose and if the collar itself is not tight behind the ears, it all comes off the dog. There can be no loose leash walking. The yellow fitting under the chin is not a clip. It does not hold the straps around the nose in place. Other leashes of this type have an actual clip that keep the straps around the nose at the size to fit comfortably but not able to come forward and slip off the nose. And because of this an extra strap to hook to the dog's collar would be a great thing. I would recommend this collar to others with these warnings.
on December 20, 2014
I would of honestly LOVED this collar and gave it paws down the best out of head harnesses if not for one thing...the straps on top are unstable. I'm not sure how to describe that any better, just that it feels like there should be some guide rings to hold them up on the top of the head or somehow shortened to give less slack. I found when my dog did loosen his pull, it just felt wrong. This training tool would beat the rest paws down if not for that, as it doesn't have the same problem as the gentle leader or head halti where they start to wear and get that pull to the side, making them less effective.

i give it three stars though because I have hopes the makers of this training tool will improve it in those areas and the company was absolutely excellent about the return. No hassle, whatsoever.
on July 5, 2014
This collar is a miracle. I have recently added an abandoned, neglected pit bull/boxer mix dog to my home. He's 70 lbs and approx. 3 1/2 years old. He was never socialized and had no idea how to walk on a leash. He was tied to a tree his whole life and left in a basement all day. When I first got him, he would pull me all over the neighborhood. People would stop their cars and say "I don't think you're walking that dog, but that dog is definitely walking you!" I hired a dog obedience trainer, and he had me get a pinch/prong collar. That collar helped a little, but if he wanted to pull me somewhere, he would endure the pain of the pinch collar and still pull. I tried a harness, and while that was better than just a plain old collar, he still pulled like crazy. I then got the "Halti Opti Fit" collar. This definitely helped with pulling, but my dog hated being led with the strap underneath his chin. He would jerk his head side to side, and was just very unhappy (and i was very anxious and nervous). On top of that, the Halti Optifit broke after only 2 days. The material was thin and cheap. Enter the Canny Collar. This collar is wonderful. Well made, seems very durable, and a very smartly made collar. I got my dog the size 4. Initially I got him the size 3 because reviews on here said it runs big, but that was almost too small. If he even gains 2 lbs. more, the size 3 would not fit. He has a big neck and a long muzzle. My dog initially fought the strap that goes around his muzzle; he would try to pull it off with his paws and went crazy flying through the house! I walked him all over my house (indoors), and gave him a treat every 5 feet, and he relaxed after only 5-10 minutes. After only that initial craziness, he never fought the collar again. He walked on this leash so peacefully and calmly, it was amazing. He wouldn't pull me, and when we would walk past other dogs, he would pretty much keep walking (maybe a slight growl, but kept walking). I think this collar is sturdy and strong, and doesn't seem like it will ever slip off. I suggest you watch the video on the Canny Collar website to see how to put it on, because it's a little tricky at first. It only takes 1 time to figure it out.... I highly suggest this collar! Has brought me so much peace, has lessened my anxiety greatly (and my dog's), and is starting to make walking my dog a joy!!
on September 3, 2015
cons: slips off nose as soon as dog stops pulling - it's made to work this way. I contacted the company, and they recommended keeping the dog's head up at all times. well, dogs being dogs, he's sooner or later going to dip his head to sniff something, and whoosh off it goes.

pros: well made - by far the nicest quality between the three we've tried.

to compare the three:

Canny Collar: well-made. slips off nose as soon as dog walks properly at my side. at that point, it's just a collar, so the next time he pulls, the nose strap isn't in place.

Halti: most effective, gently turns his head toward me when he pulls. cheap material, and tends to fall apart or shred - the last one unraveled within a minute or two. I might go back to this brand and just hope to luck out and get a good one or make repairs. The first collar lasted until he outgrew it.

Gentle Leader: does little to deter his pulling. nose loop seems too tight, even when moved to loosest adjustment. An English Shepherd doesn't have a huge nose.
on September 12, 2011
If you have a dog that pulls, get this collar! We were at the point of not looking forward to walking, and walking much less frequently, our two 70 pound bullies because they pulled constantly. And if they saw a cat, hold on! We tried everything. Martingales, pinches, choke chain, harnesses, gentle leaders, you name it, nothing worked, or it worked for one day then they were back to pulling. We saw the video of the canny and thought it was too good to be true but bought it anyway, in hopes of it actually working. It does! Like a miracle! Now, our dogs walk right by our sides, don't pull, AND we have loose leads. Best of all, we walk them all the time now. Which is great for all of us in terms of losing weight, if ya know what i mean. And when the pooches see a cat or other dog, one quick upward pull (by me) on the leash and it's as if the other animal was not there. The owner of the local kennel was so impressed, she bought 5 of them. Incredible results! Or shall I say, uncanny results! Buy one, you will not be dissapponted. And I read the posts about how it slips off the dog's nose, blah, blah, blah. I can see how that might happen, if you don't put the nose loop on correctly and if there is too much slack in it. It happened a couple of times to one of our dogs, mostly due to inattention on my part. One dog took to it quickly, the other would toss his head and try to get the nose strap off. He would only do this for the first 2 minutes of the walk. Then he settled right into it. My advice is to just keep walking. Your dog will stop trying to mess with it to pay attention to where you are going. and be sure you buy the right size and that it is snug behind your pooches ears so s/he can't slip the collar. I'd keep writing but, gotta go for a walk! Woo hoo!
on May 20, 2015
Pros
1) Has a metal buckle with metal eylets cannot come loose around the neck
2) Lead attaches in back of the neck provides even pressure on the nose strap. No pulling to the side
3) Easier to put on. Attach the buckle around the neck, clip on the lead, slip the strap over the nose. Bam, bam, bam, done.
4) Better built. 1" collar with beforementioned metal buckle, nicely placed d rings.
5) When nose strap slips off more secure. You still have 2, 1/2" nylon straps around the dogs neck.

Con's
1) Very easy for the nose strap to slip off. I've found I have to keep a small amount of tension on the lead or he can slip the nose strap off with a simple dip forward of his head. Counter productive to leaning to loose leash walk. My 90lb Bernese Mountain Dog has figured out how to slip the nose strap. He has also figured out that if he pulls with the strap off on it goes again. In that aspect maybe the slipping of the nose strap is a training aid.
2) Difficult to put the nose strap back on. You have to pull the strap out of the small yellow slip clip. Hard to do with fat fingers and a wiggly dog.
3) Sizing is on the large side. I carefully measured his neck behind the ears like the directions said. Chart said a size 6. It works but the collar has to be 4 eyelets in. A size 5 would have been better.