5.0 out of 5 stars I buy Canon replacement cartridges because they work
There are many choices in the toner refill market. I have tried other brands and local refill vendors and continue to buy this original Canon product.

Super quality print outs, the cartridge lasts between 2500-3500 pages (it's rated for 2000) and each page is crisply printed with no over bleed or lines on your pages.

I have found the cost saving...
Published on June 8, 2011 by Duke Jackson

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed.
We recently had to replace a Brother all in one laser printer. This Canon replacement cartridge lasts a month in our small office - the same as our b\previous Brother cartridges. However, the cost for OEM Canon cartridges is close to double. I wish I had known that going in. I am seriously thinking of ditching the Canon printer and going back to Brother as the extra...
Published 14 months ago by J. Dukes

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Average toner, October 20, 2011
This review is from: Canon 128 Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
Toner works great. I think it's average quality because it leaves a little smudge on the right edge of the printed page, but still prints and functions well

5.0 out of 5 stars Shut Up and Pay, April 18, 2013
This review is from: Canon 128 Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
The "starter" cartridge on my Canon MF4770 printer ran out of ink after a few hundred pages, so it was time to replace it. I decided on a genuine Canon cartridge.

=== The Good Stuff ===

* It works. It came well packaged, installed easily, and works great. Output is crisp and sharp, although I almost exclusively print text on this printer, so no great challenge. I managed to finish the job without making a mess or getting my hands all black, one of my measures for success.

=== The Not-So-Good Stuff ===

* I never like the price of these things. The printer was only $130, so it is obvious that Canon gives away the printer to make money on the ink-so what can you do. I don't do all that much printing, so while I get upset when buying the cartridge, it really isn't all that big a deal.
I didn't try any sort of refill/3rd party cartridges with this printer. Based on previous experience, I have just found them to be more trouble than they are worth. Your mileage may vary.

=== Summary ===

I hate the price of these things, but hate the problems I have had with 3rd party solutions even more. So I just hold my nose, pay the price, and install the new cartridge. Then I forget about it until it is time to replace it again. Not ideal, but such is life.

4.0 out of 5 stars The real McCoy, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Canon 128 Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
This is a genuine Canon cartridge. The price from Amazon was the best price I could find anywhere when you consider the free shipping. The genuine appears to give as good a copy as the machine will allow. I have tried OEM cartridges and they leave a lot to be desired. Unfortunately, the MF4570 does not give as good a copy as my older d680 (with OEM cartridges).

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Cart Bad Cart, November 14, 2011
pilose (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon 128 Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
These make very nice images for text (so-so for images) but are on the skimpy side for number of pages.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last as long as advertised, October 5, 2011
This review is from: Canon 128 Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
We print out patient reports. I printed out 1675 pages and the printer cartridge ran out. I thought it was rated for 2100 so that's a big difference in my book. I even turned the density down half way. I'm gonna have to spend way more on printer cartridges than I expected with this printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toner made by printer manufacturer is perfect, June 19, 2014
This review is from: Canon 128 Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
I have purchased toner for my laser printer many times, hence the reason the printer was so inexpensive. The brand-name toner is wonderful, the case fits just right, it lasts far longer than the suggested number of pages. The quality of the printing is superior to any of the generic toner cartridges I have purchased locally or online. The cost difference is worth it if you care about the final product, i.e., the printed result.
Dr. H

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Go Wrong, May 27, 2014
This review is from: Canon 128 Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
I haven't actually used this particular cartridge yet; however, the one I'm currently using is the same model from Canon via Amazon. I've gotten tons of copying done and never have had any smudging or other problems with uneven print. I read a bunch of reviews of generic cartridges which were very positive and the product considerably cheaper. I was about to spring for one of those, but in the end, I decided to spend the extra $$$ on the Canon. If this Canon cartridge to perform less effectively than the one I'm currently happy with, I'll update this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars There's no excuse for going off-brand, May 14, 2014
This review is from: Canon 128 Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
I am a third year student with dual business majors & a dual minor (entrepreneurship/economics); needless to say, I live on my computer and print a hell of a lot of papers. I got the Canon MF4770n (one of the printers that uses this cartridge, I will--literally--break down crying if mine ever craps on me) because an average day gets about 30-40 pages ran through (about 45 seconds of work for it). I don't possess the patience, nor do I plan ahead well enough, to wait on one of those junk $40 ink-whatevers. I digress. . . Back to the cartridge.

I've put more than three reams of paper through this thing in the past month without any hiccups. The last one--Staples robbed me during an emergency all nighter for $130--lasted waaaay longer than the 2100 pages advertised; like, nearly a thousand pages more.

I tried some of the off-brand cartridges (5-pack for the price of one of these) in an attempt to get in to the "cheap college kid" mentality, but got back out of that real quick. They just generally bricked on me one way or another (2 irreparable jams, 1 packing tape got stuck in the feeder wheel, 2 just didn't work).

Seriously, if you're using this cartridge your printer was a couple hundred bucks, it's worth the $70 (or whatever) to get the real one.

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!, April 8, 2014
This review is from: Canon 128 Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
Sold me a faulty cartridge (yes it is a genuine Canon). I called to troubleshoot and it was confirmed cartridge was faulty. I had purchased this in February so I would have a back up. As soon as I put it in it a couple of days ago it was obviously not working properly. Because it had been longer than 30 days they refused to be any help at all except to give me a lecture that I should only buy new ones within 30 days of use. But how are you supposed to do that if you never exactly know when the old one will run out of ink?? This is for my business, I can't just be out of ink, that doesn't work.
Anyway, the only solution they would give me (after admitting it was faulty based on the troubleshooting): I could pay to ship it to their office and it would 'take some time' for them to look over it and if they deemed it faulty they would replace it. Absolutely no reimbursement for the money to send it back to them, no time frame, and wouldn't even email me something to place in the box. They just verbally gave me an address over the phone and told me to write some guy's name on it.
This is Canon, a large company that I thought I could trust to sell quality products. Instead, I received a fault cartridge and had to spend over half an hour on the phone just to get them to be generous enough for me to pay to send it to them for testing. So bad!!! And I'm bummed because I really like my printer but after this experience I will never buy something made by Canon again knowing they DO NOT stand behind their products!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits correctly and no issues., February 18, 2014
This review is from: Canon 128 Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
I tend to lean towards Manufacturer toners after some less desirable experiences with non OEM toners. No fuss No mess!

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›