Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 24 questions
vote
Two AA batteries are included with the binoculars. I'm sure battery life depends on how often and how long the binoculars are used. For bird watching, a few minutes at a time, while walking the dog, I assume that I will get a year or two from the batteries.
May 8, 2014 by Chris Black
vote
You have to hold down the button. But it isn't a big deal. You almost do it automatically.
Sep 22, 2013 by John C. Wakk
vote
What are you trying to achieve in your star gazing? Although 12 x 36 IS are helpful, optics that let in more light i.e. bigger diameter front lenses, are necessaary for faint objects. However, if you are hoping to see nebulae, galactic clusters, Messier objects, or galaxies, no binocular is good enough. For that activity you need large and powerful telescopes. My Canon binocs are great for bird watching and boating, or for folks who have difficulty holding anything steady. Remember that if you fall into the trap of high magnification, as the primary concern, any slight movement on your part is magnified by the same amount. My telescopes are 60 x 70 and a large 18 inch dia. Even those, securely mounted, are barely able to capture some of the astronomical wonders I would like to see.
Nov 13, 2013 by Michael F. Lamb
votes
There are no threads to secure filters on the front. To protect the lenses I use (2) "Vortex Optics Flip Cap Optic Cover, Size 7". They fit great!
Sep 11, 2014 by Nice Guy
votes
I can't speak to the economics of it; but I was looking at the full moon last week and it was beautiful. I could certainly see details of the lunar landscape and stars are also clearly visible. I'm sure a telescope is more suitable for long term viewing; but for a 30 second look at the night sky, these will do the task. I would not buy binoculars for this purpose alone. I use them regularly for watching birds and took them to Africa where they were terrific for game watching.
Sep 30, 2013 by Jon's mom
votes
good for stargazing Nov 13, 2013
It depends on your personal expectations and needs. If you wish to see the footprints on the moon you will need more than 12 power. These are great all around binoculars, they are still small and light enough to carry all day and well worth the money. The price jumps up (more than I can afford) with each increase in power. Image stabilization is the only way to go for hand held optics 12 power or greater. Check your area for astronomy clubs, community college courses, they can help you figure out your specific needs.
Nov 14, 2013 by John Schulz
votes
Well, I can say that the strap holes seem to be pretty standard. I am sure if you wanted you could find another strap that works. The strap that comes with the binoculars are pretty good though.
Nov 4, 2013 by Dr. Ryan
votes
There is no tripod mount. The image is SO stable one would only be needed if you wanted hands free operation which is difficult as you have to hold down the stabilization button when viewing.
2 days ago by John H. Mielke
votes
The ones I bought on Amazon were made in Japan.
Sep 29, 2014 by Nice Guy
votes
More advanced than the first iteration; Second mod.
May 15, 2015 by Jim Montana
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers