Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 9, 2006
I have had this bag now for over 9 months and can honestly say it has more then surpassed my expectations. It stores everything I need when out with family or friends to catch all the action in one convenient place.

In the center of the bag I have the following:
1. Rebel XT body
2. Canon 430EX Flash
3. 17mm-85mm Lens
4. 75mm-300mm Lens
5. Sony Handycam Video Recorder
6. Power plug for charging Video Recorder

On the sides I store the Battery Chargers and Batteries for Flash, Camera and Video Camera, plus Tapes for the Video Camera. The front holds all the manuals for everything and a few extra Memory Cards and lens covers. Even after this, there is still space in the bag for other things. The bag has held up very well and can see no signs of wear or tear after dragging this bag all over the place for the last 9 months.
55 comments| 315 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 20, 2005
I am very pleased with this bag. It is a perfect fit for my Canon EOS 20D camera body and two lenses plus flash unit. Plus, there is room for another lens (a soon to be added zoom lens). Plenty of compartments and zippered pockets around the perimeter for carrying accessories. It even has a strap on the bottom for carrying a tripod. The bag is lightweight, water repellant, and has the interchangeable dividers so you can arrange the interior contents into any configuration you like. Well worth the price and works fine unless you plan on carrying more than 3 lenses.
0Comment| 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2006
I purchased this bag for my Canon digital rebel XT. It's durable and well built. Some what smaller than advertised but I'm sure it's ideal under most circumstances. Perfect if you have a camera body and single lens. However, I returned it in exchange for the Canon 200DG bag which is larger and could accommodate up to 3 lens, camera body and accessories easily. The 2400SLR bag has plastic latches, rings and zippers. The Canon 200DG has heavy metal latches and is constructed with thicker padding and heavy duty zipper and pouches. The price of the 2400SLR is very reasonable and a great value for the money. But, if you are planning to carry a camera body and 2 or more lens, I would not recommend this bag.
1212 comments| 386 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2006
If you're reading this review now, then you must be debating on whether to purchase this bag or not. My answer would be to buy it!! Initially I bought a samsonite bag, but I quickly out grew that one. This canon bag (after repositioning the velcro dividers) can fit all of the following:

1. rebel xt body w/ the kit lens attached

2. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

3. Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM Telephoto Zoom Lens

4. Canon 430EX Speedlite Flash

5. Duracell 15 min charger

6. misc (cards, cords, chargers)

*** and i still have room ***

You might be thinking that the bag is heavy, but it's not because everything is so easily distributed in the bag.
11 comment| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2011
This bag is all everybody says it is. I just wanted to clear the air on the REAL size of the INSIDE of this bag as I have read all sorts of various sizes while attempting to research it. Front to back is 6". Side to side is 9". From bottom to top of the bag is 6 1/2". Does this mean you can't get a longer lens inside than 6 1/2", no. I have a Canon 70-200mm IS f4 L lens that is 8 1/4 inches long and it will fit, although just barely. You can get a 8 1/4" lens in the bag because the top of the bag that folds over the body of the bag is recessed and the straps that secure the top of the bag to the body of the bag are slightly adjustable, all of this flexibility allows a maximum of around 8 1/4" from top to bottom of the bag, I doubt anything longer would fit. The inside of this bag will hold my Canon T3i body with grip but with no lens attached, my 24-70mm f2.8 L lens with hood reversed, my 70-200 f4 IS L lens with hood reversed, a JVC HD Everio camcorder. That for all practical purposes fills the bag up. The side pockets are good sized and the mesh pocket on the underside of the top flap will hold a lot of small items like batteries, battery charger, SD cards, remote shutter releases and such. With all the stuff I have just described put into the bag it still is very comfortable to carry over your shoulder, as the carry strap is wide and soft, but I would not want to carry it constantly for hours on end. This bag seems to be very well made and has good design features as the inside is completely adjustable for any configuration you may need. Gets my high recommendation for a great size and quality of workmanship. If your camera with lens attached isn't longer than 8" total length it should fit in this bag, any longer most likely not.
55 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2005
When I was looking for a camera/gear bag, I first checked the usual suspects: Lowepro, Tamrac, etc. They had the product I was looking for; however, at a price that was out of my budget. I then decided to check our Canon's. To my surprise and delight they had exactly what I was looking for: something semi-hard, protective, weather-proof and within my tight budget. I ended up deciding for getting couple of these guys and am nothing but satisfied. This bag is spacious and exactly as advertised.

If has configurable inner dividers so you can customize how it fits your precious equipment. Very easy te get things in and out of, and it can pack a lot! I usually carry my camera with a 28-135 lens attached, two other lenses, batteries, a few filters, couple of lense's hoods and a few memory cards. It all fits and everyting stays in place. In short, a superb value. If you're looking for an inexpensive camera/gear bag, this is the one to get!
on July 7, 2011
This is a great bag and will be replacing the Canon holster bag I bought just last week.

Some of the reviews are all over the place regarding size, but for me it's perfect. I can fit my T3i WITH the kit lens attached, a 300mm zoom lens, a prime lens, the charger, the user's manual, and a host of smaller items in the bag (including a little point and shoot). I had to reconfigure the hook and loop dividers, but everything now has a home, with the lenses and the point and shoot each residing within their own padded cubicles and I don't have to jam anything in there to get things to fit.

There's one issue I think is kind of serious though and it's been brought up in many other reviews. The top flap of the bag is secured with the two clips, and that's it. You had better be mindful of the state of those clips when you grab the top handle because if they're undone, the body of the bag will swivel out from underneath you, and there goes $1000+ worth of equipment spilling onto the floor. It happened to me while I was initially packing it, but luckily just the charger and a couple cleaning pens were in there at the time. Yikes. I'll be sewing some velcro up in there and I will be double checking that the clips are secure from now on.

Aside from that, the bag is just perfect for me and my (limited) equipment. I'll use the holster bag I just bought every now and then but this will be the go-to bag for most occasions.
on September 5, 2012
This is a very well made bag. Everything is nicely lined up and the material is thick and nice.
I have a Canon EOS Rebel T4i and 18-55mm, 55-250mm, 50mm lenses, and they all fit in the bag nicely.
I also managed to squeeze my small point and shoot into the bag as well as its wide angle lens.
The pockets on the side are big enough for the battery chargers and extra items.
Some people complained about not being able to fit one camera but you just need to pick a short lens and store the longer ones vertically, otherwise might as well just stuff all your gear in a trash bag.
Overall very happy about the bag.
review image
on June 29, 2006
This is a good looking convenient bag. Has lots of compartments and tons of stuff can fit in. In general works pretty well. Here are a few drawbacks:

1. The divider is set up in a way the body and lens need to be separated to be stored. I used to have a lens attached to the body all the time in my old Tamco bag and this is new to me.

2. My 70-200 F4/L is too long to be stored in there. Which is not a gignatic lens.

3. The partition desgin is not that flexible.

Then I have only had this for a week and not sure if i know all the tricks yet.
on December 10, 2011
canon says Holds this bag holds "1 SLR camera body with 3 to 5 lenses, flash and small accessories". this is crazy. i can barely get my 5D with the 24-70 lens attached in there. there's no way to get even one more lens in there or a flash. i have uploaded a picture of my camera in there with the lens. i dont see a way to put a link to the image but if you look at customers' pictures here you will see my example: Canon 2400 SLR Gadget Bag for EOS SLR Cameras

dont get me wrong, this looks like a very well made bag and i honestly wish it would work for me. the 5d is a top notch camera but it certainly isnt remarkably larger than any of the rebels. i guess this bag works well for small prime lenses with larger apertures (i.e., 35/2, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, etc) or "kit" lenses. i still dont see how anyone can get a flash in there. it's certainly a good price but i will unfortunately be sending it back

before everyone starts flaming me understand that i am giving it one star due to the fact that it is very small and i find canon's statement of holding "1 SLR camera body with 3 to 5 lenses, flash and small accessories" ludicrious. again, the bag does look very well made.

MY PERSONAL RATING is one star. others seem to be very happy.
review image
55 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse