4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth the cost.
Published on October 28, 2008 by Roger T. Wright

3.0 out of 5 stars Why do you hate your customers, Canon?
I have two of these batteries, and one knock-off for my Canon Digital Rebel XSi.

Nine times out of ten, I'm a total Canon snob when it comes to gear, but I have to say, there's really nothing at all special about this battery. Certainly nothing special enough to command the ridiculous price Canon expects you to pay for it.

On one hand, yes, Amazon...
Published on December 15, 2008 by Kevin Nicholls

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth the cost., October 28, 2008
Roger T. Wright (Discovery Bay, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack LP-E5 (Electronics)
Probably the longest lasting battery pack I've used in any camera. Used in a Cannon EOS XSi, which puts a lot of demands on the battery. Bought a second as a back up for a european vacation and never had a reason to change, even after a week and a half in Italy. Lots of pictures and reviews of existing shots, the battery level indicator never moved from it's fully charged state. The only negative would be the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Battery Pack, December 17, 2009
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack LP-E5 (Electronics)
I am a professional photographer and have owned a variety of pro version cameras. I have bought 'no name' brands and the camera name brand batteries for all my cameras (Fuji and Canon). It really does make a difference. The actual name brand will last much longer. I bought two Canon LP-E5 Battery Packs through Amazon-by far the lowest price of ANY other retailer selling the Canon brand! Once I find the product I am looking for price dictates where I purchase. My batteries have staying power! This was a good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more knock-offs for me, June 19, 2011
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack LP-E5 (Electronics)
Yesterday, two days before a little photography vacation, I charged my Canon battery (for my Rebel xsi)and then went to put it in...but the (not Canon) battery was STUCK. Panic....emailed Canon...then googled, read comments, and then got the battery out easily with a tiny screwdriver, just lifted it up a bit so I could grab it. That battery used to pop out easily, like the Canon does. Anyway...got a really quick reply from Canon, despite it being Saturday. I wrote back, told him I had fixed it....and he wrote back this morning telling me that the reason the knock off battery got stuck is that the diodes inside (or whatever he called them) were swelling....ouch...could really do damage to my favorite camera ever.....so I am online now ordering a Canon replacement. Just wanted to give you the feedback from the Canon rep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have especially for USM lenses, October 3, 2008
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack LP-E5 (Electronics)
An extra-battery is a must-have for "serious amateurs". I have a Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens for Canon EOS SLR Cameras and it really sucks up the battery. If it wasn't for this backup, I would have been photo-paralyzed a couple of times.
The battery also comes with a plastic protector for the contacts, as the one provided with the camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars Why do you hate your customers, Canon?, December 15, 2008
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack LP-E5 (Electronics)

On one hand, yes, Amazon should be praised up and down for charging nearly half the MSRP. But on the other, you could buy two (or more) knockoff batteries for about the same price. You'd come out ahead, even if they didn't last as long (which, so far, has not been my experience).

At this price point, the least Canon could do is give you a dinky little LED meter to show the remaining capacity. Sadly, there isn't one to be found on this battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars OEM battery, great quality., May 26, 2011
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack LP-E5 (Electronics)
I bought this battery to go with my Canon Rebel XSi. I've been doing a lot of work lately, and one day I was about to go out and test a lens and found out my battery was dead! Though the XSi's battery life is great, I decided I needed to shop for a spare battery. I saw lots of off brand batteries for a few dollars, but I wanted a genuine Canon battery. I found this and was amazed at the price, I remember these being 2x-3x as much a year or so ago. I bought it, even though I was scared I might get a non-canon battery instead of the real thing. To my surprise it was genuine, and works just as well as the battery I received with my camera.

With most batteries I would say go for the off brand and lose a bit of battery life, but with these I would stick with OEM seeing as how they're really cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to have a backup battery!, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack LP-E5 (Electronics)
I bought this as a backup battery for my camera. I chose the Canon brand over a generic one because they are always good quality products. I have yet to be disappointed by a Canon product, and this battery allows me to shoot for several hours before I need to change it. Very satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars barrery replacement, December 2, 2010
E. M. Skidmore (Edisto Island, SC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack LP-E5 (Electronics)
I've had my Canon Rebel for over two years and was not surprised when the original battery began not holding its charge for as long as it had. So I bought an identical replacement. If I get 2+ years of heavy use out of it I'll be perfectly happy. I'm a couple of months in at this point and everything is fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I knew about the starter kit!, July 25, 2009
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack LP-E5 (Electronics)
If I had known about the Canon XS/XSI Digital Rebel Kit with Case, 58mm UV Filter and LP-E5 Li-ion Battery then I would have purchased this since I would have obtained a filter to protect the lens with and a bag to hold everything for $28 more!

5.0 out of 5 stars battery, January 11, 2011
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack LP-E5 (Electronics)
purchased a off brand before i got this one! stay with the brand name and you wont waste your hard earned bucks like i did

Canon Battery Pack LP-E5