5.0 out of 5 stars Great lens, okay extras, November 15, 2013
This review is from: Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II Telephoto Zoom Lens (Import) for Canon EOS 7D, 60D, EOS Rebel SL1, T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5i, XS, XSi, XT, & XTi Digital SLR Cameras + 10pc Bundle Deluxe Accessory Kit (Camera)
Lens works great! The extras have all worked very well, except for the lens keeper, which has already fallen off.

4.0 out of 5 stars inexpensive, responsive and light, April 9, 2014
Wanted a lens to supplement my 135mm canon. This is what I could afford. It is light and focus seems to be quick enough to catch a bird in flight.

Works well with my 40D

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Bargain, June 17, 2014
I had bought this same lens (by itself, not with the kit) from a local retail store for over $300, but soon found this kit on Amazon. Being almost half as much as the one I had already bought, I decided to take a chance and order this one (since it was such a bargain I was also able to order the tripod I wanted). I received the package by the end of the week and immediately compared it to the lens I still had from the retail store. I could find very little that was different between the two lenses. In fact, I could only find two perceptible differences. The first is that the lens cap that came with the lens was the inset clip cap instead of the thinner cap with the release clips on the side of the cap which came with the one from the retail store. The only other thing I found was that the focusing and zoom rings seemed to be stiffer than the one from the retail store. They are getting looser the more I use the lens though. Other than these slight differences, everything else I could find was the same. The kit included with it just makes it all the much better. It isn't super high quality stuff, but when you are getting the lens for so much less it will be hard to complain. I highly recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't be disappointed!, June 9, 2014
Love love love this lens! Have not tried in low lighted situations yet. I have used it indoors with limited light with no problems. Absolutely love the IS feature. Not disappointed. This lens is heavier than my other lenses, but does not feel cheap. Very well made. Packaged perfect for shipping. The other included accessories were just an added bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like this product!, May 16, 2014
Not so good under poor light situations, to be honest, you need to test it under different lights conditions so you can know it's limitations. Something i like about the lens, is the image stabilizer, cause it really helps. In conclusion it's a great product for that price!! I'm happy with it! I would definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Product, May 8, 2014
I love the lens it works great, all the accessories are a super addition to your camera. The lens hood works really well, I also have a hard flower lens hood and every time you zoom out you can see it through the viewfinder, so I love this one, because you do not see it at all. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is the photo depicting the lens bag is not the one you get, but the description is correct, it's just a drawstring bag. I would recommend this product to anyone; it has been a great addition to my camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canno EF-S 55-250mm and stuff, April 28, 2014
I was looking for a telephoto that had the stabilization and auto focus feature for my Canon Rebel T3i.
I had just purchased my camera and it came with the standard lens of 18mm-55mm. Which is a great lens for pictures that I can get pretty close to. But I needed something that if I was out in nature, I could get some decent shots with a zoom. Not one to want to disturb nature doing its thing.

This lens for the price is perfect, a little noisy when using the auto focus, but that is a huge lens its trying to work with.
The price was perfect. I also bought the 2 year year protection plan.

The squeezey bulb air cleaner is awesome. Love the rubber hood. Nice to have an extra set of filters. Now I have enough for both lenses. The cleaner brush is 'eh, i would rather use the bulb and a cleaning cloth, (one comes with this kit too). Extra lens keeper too!!

If your looking for a canon lens with auto focus and stabilization feature at a decent price. Get this one. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Great for Me, March 11, 2014
Kevin M (Fairfax, VA) - See all my reviews
I'm not a photography expert, but this worked great for me. I was concerned buying an non-warrantied version would be a problem without a warranty etc.. but after almost a year the lens has been flawless for me. The bundle stuff looks great but is mostly junk which we eventually threw away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Price.... Much Lower than Anywhere Else!, August 21, 2013
Love my additional camera lens and accessories. The price can't be beat and the 55-250mm lens allows me to capture images like a pro. Thanks Amazon for providing me with the best possible deal PERIOD!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT buy for safaris!, November 23, 2014
I brought this as a second lens for my Canon EOS 60D (great camera and kit lens!) to bring along on my first safari in Kenya this spring. I didn't want to spend a ton of money it, or rent a lens, as I knew it could easily get broken or stolen, but I also wanted something to get more reach than the kit lens. Boy howdy, do you need image stabilization, who is anyone kidding when they advise you that you won't? You'll want to take photos AS YOU APPROACH certain groups of animals, because the van may startle them and they'll be on the move, not to mention that all the roads are incredibly bumpy and it takes a moment to actually stop bouncing. Birds? Leopards? Honey badgers? They don't wait for the van to stop. You'll also be out at dawn and you'll be out at sunset, when the light is a little low, and for those times you really need the IS, too.

For a safari you'll ALWAYS want more reach, there's no way around that, but if debating between this and the slightly cheaper one that reaches slightly farther without the IS, no question, hands down, absolutely get this one. As for the rest of the kit, I didn't use it much but for the lens cleaner. There's so much dust in the air that you need to cover up your camera as best you can while driving, and then be sure to check the lens now and then for dust, too. Good luck and happy shooting!