Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
2 Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Includes Parts and Labor coverage plus accidental damages caused by drops and spills
- Repair or Replacement Promise on Every Product and Never a Deductible
- 5 Day Repair Guarantee on Depot Service
- Contract Delivered by E-mail, Register and File Claims Online or by Phone
- Excludes Aerial Drones and Radio Controlled Devices
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Image Stabilizer Telephoto Zoom Lens - International Version (No Warranty)
|Price:||$138.90 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||4.33 x 4.33 x 6.69 inches|
|Item Display Weight||390 grams|
|Item Weight||0.86 pounds|
|Maximum Focal Length||250 mm|
|Minimum Focal Length||55 mm|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||58 mm|
|Real Angle Of View||23 Degrees|
|Shipping Weight||1.04 pounds|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Image Stabilizer Telephoto Zoom Lens - International Version (No Warranty)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||PAGING ZONE||Pavilion Electronics||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Mountings||Information not provided||Canon EF-S||Canon EF-S||Canon EF|
|Dimensions||4.33 inches x 6.69 inches x 4.33 inches||2.76 inches x 4.25 inches x 2.76 inches||2.76 inches x 4.37 inches x 2.76 inches||2.8 inches x 4.8 inches x 2.8 inches|
|Item Weight||0.86 pounds||0.86 pounds||0.83 pounds||1.06 pounds|
|Maximum Aperture||4||5.6 f||5.6 f||4|
|Max Focal Length||250 mm||250 mm||250 mm||300 mm|
|Min Focal Length||55 mm||55 mm||55 mm||75 mm|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Read about our customers' top-rated lenses and cameras on our review pages: Lenses, Digital SLR Cameras, Compact System Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
The sharpness is on par with that of the 18-55mm kit lens. Although the lens is not quite pro-grade, it can, in the right conditions, impress even an avid pixel-peeper. For a budget lens, it's really about as sharp as they come. This lens will probably satisfy all but the most fastidious of prosumers.
Hey, don't take my word for it; seek out professional review sites that show you a 100% crop of pictures taken with this lens and then decide for yourself.
- Chromatic Aberration (CA)
In bright sunlight, where chromatic aberration is most pronounced, the chromatic aberration on this lens is barely noticeable and probably imperceptible to the untrained eye. In more even lighting, this lens shows no signs of CA.
- Auto-Focus (AF)
The auto-focus is fast enough for still subjects, but for very fast-moving subjects, it's a hit-or-miss. I gave this lens a good workout shooting cheetahs running close to their top speeds at the Animal Ark, Reno, NV (OT: cheetahs can run at speeds in excess of 70 mph). Most of my shots came out blurry (and that's not due to motion blur, mind you) because the auto-focus wasn't fast enough.
Like the kit lens, the auto-focus has trouble in lowlight conditions. It also has trouble with surfaces that lack texture. The motor whirs back and forth trying to lock on to a focus. It can be a little annoying at times!
- Image Stabilization (IS)
The image stabilization is amazing, even at 250mm.Read more ›
I'm crazy about Amazon.com. They are really reliable, their merchandise is usually competitively priced, and I like their return policy. But I do shop.
SPECIAL NOTE; Another reviewer writes that using the Canon 58mm tread diameter 250D Closeup Filter (under $100.00), this same zoom lens becomes a fantastically sharp macro lens. I'm going to go for it next month - after my Social Security Check comes in. And yes, I will check the price on Amazon.com first.
On the other hand, if want a functional, budgetary lens that will do most of what you might reasonable want, this one is worth considering.
- good zoom range
- image stabilization - can really make the difference in whether you get the shot you want or not.
- 55mm picks right up where the 18-55 leaves off and is very close (in range) to the 50mm lens often used for portrait type photography
- zooming up to 250mm will let you sit on one end of the deck and capture a hummingbird flitting around the feeder on the other end.
- zooming from 55mm to 250mm is smooth with no tight or jerky spots
- I already mentioned cost. If, on the other hand, you've got money to burn and want bragging rights on top of that, you can spend as much as $35,000 on a single lens with a wider range and lower f-stop.
- If you plan on printing wall size posters, you may see some optical and chromatic aberration (in non-geek, not totally perfect image)For viewing on your typical computer monitor or printing 8x10's, it's really nothing to worry about unless you being paid to photograph a wedding and dealing with momzilla or bridezilla.
- It does require a reasonable amount of light for a good shot but much of that is offset by the built in image stabilization.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Best present I've ever bought myself!!!! I just bought a newer Canon T3 camera and it came with a regular lens. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Karen
Arrived quickly and safely! I was very impressed with the quality for being used, I bought the 18-135 lens brand new and in comparison to this one I like this one a bit less... Read morePublished 6 months ago by SillySarah
I have been having eye problems for some time now and have to rely on auto-focus. this lense was the answer for my camera and be able to take telephoto pictures. Read morePublished 7 months ago by mp4655
For the price it's hard to beat. I plan to sell it to upgrade to a 70 200 in the near future thoughPublished 9 months ago by user
Lens came quickly and looks great for being a used item. I'd much rather pay for a used item like this than full price for a brand new lens. Looks great on my new Canon 70D. Read morePublished 11 months ago by David Christensen