5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Canon ELPH 300 HS.
Published on October 16, 2011 by L. Gandre

Published 5 months ago by Anton Schultz

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Canon ELPH 300 HS., October 16, 2011
This review is from: Canon 5601B001 Deluxe Soft Camera Case PSC-2070, Black (Accessory)
I bought this camera case soon after I got the Canon Powershot ELPH 300 HS. I just wanted a nice, small camera case that fit really well and protected my camera. I wasn't positive that this case would fit my camera as I didn't see it specifically state in the product description that it would be compatible with the Canon ELPH 300, but I thought I would try it anyway. I also liked that it was made by Canon as I usually try to get same-brand cases, since I feel they are more likely to fit the camera I am buying it for. When it arrived I was extremely pleased because it was exactly what I wanted. The case is more durable than a basic fabric case, but not quite as hard as a plastic case. It does have a fabric exterior though, which is pretty nice. The inside is also lined with a soft fabric that won't scratch my camera. There is a magnetic enclosure that works well for easily opening and closing this case with little hassle. On the back there is a belt loop if you wanted to put it on your belt. For me, the case is so nice and compact that it easily fits in my purse and does not take up a lot of extra room. The case is also the perfect size for my Canon ELPH 300. My camera fits precisely inside and there is a also little slot for my wrist strap to hang out of the case on the side. I am definitely happy I got this case as it was exactly what I was looking for. I have had it for a couple months now and it has been holding up well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not made for the Canon ELPH 310 HS, but otherwise fine, October 30, 2011
I bought my Canon Powershot ELPH 310 HS the day it was released but when I went through Canon's website, I couldn't find a case specifically for my model. The box of this case says that it fits the ELPH 300 HS (how different can the 300 and 310 be?) and it looks nice so I decided to buy it anyway.

It's almost a perfect fit, but the 310 HS is about .07" wider than it's predecessor, so you kind of have to lightly force it in and out. The gap for the wrist strap doesn't quite align with the hole for it on the camera which makes it a little more difficult. I don't know what alloy the camera is made of, but sometimes it gets attracted to the magnetic strip which is a little annoying. Hasn't affected my screen nor my memory card.

Overall build is fine though. The lining inside is very soft but seems thin so I'm not sure how long it will last. Fabric is tough - I've dropped my camera with the case a couple times, but nothing happened. The belt loop is convenient and stitching holds fine.

It's a good case which I would highly recommend. It's not meant for the 310 HS, but it can still be used with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the ELPH 530, August 2, 2012
A perfect size and fit for the ELPH 530 HS. There is a 'cut-out' on the side for the strap to pass through and a closed loop for a belt (not a clip-on). It provides protection to the camera when in a pocket or bag and keeps it safely on you on a belt.
It seems well-made and is an incredible value for the price.
I wanted the ELPH 530 because it was small and I could have it with me anywhere and this case fit that purpose to ensure it was safe whenever I used it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits the Powershot ELPH 330 HS perfectly, but the flap doesn't stay closed and the "leather" is fraying, May 14, 2014
When I first got it, this case didn't fit my camera (PowerShot ELPH 330HS). The flap wouldn't even close. Eventually the case stretched and molded to the camera, and now it fits very well. The magnetic flap opens very quietly and quickly, so it's very easy to get the camera out of the case when I want to take a picture in a hurry. However, wearing it on my belt means that the flap frequently opens when it gets caught on my shirt or jacket. After 3 months of use, the edges of the vinyl material on the sides of the case are starting to crack, fray, and split.

1.0 out of 5 stars This case is too small, January 17, 2014
The case was advertised to fit the Canon PowerShot Elph 330HS. The case is too small for that camera. The camera is hard to get in and out and the case can't stay snapped once the camera is inside. It might be a good deal for another model but not for this camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars Camera Case Blues, August 3, 2013
I am always looking for the perfect camera case, this one would be perfect if only it had a small pocket to put and extra battery in or a flash card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case for my Elph 530 HS, January 21, 2014
Case fits my Canon like a glove. It is solid, has a magnetic catch and a good belt loop. There is a wrist strap and a hook built into the end of the case to help secure the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, December 6, 2013
Extremely nice case. Very form fitting and compact, while being rigid enough for good protection. If you drop this, your camera will be protected. I bought this for the Canon 330HS and it fits snugly yet has enough space to get in and out easily. It has a little slot opening on the side for your camera's wrist strap if you have that attached to your camera. I prefer a magnetic closure, but this has a metal snap. It works just fine...I just don't like having to take the time to snap something when magnets would work more easily. Nonetheless, this feature works fine and overall this is a fine and sturdy case. I also like the metal emblem that says "Canon" on the front of it since it makes it feel like it was made just for the camera.

Note that this is a sleek form-fitting case and there is no extra room or pockets in it for an extra memory card or lens cloth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, May 12, 2013
The camera case is perfect for my camera. It is small and compact just like my camera, and fits it like a glove.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case!, April 12, 2013
The quick clasp makes getting the camera in and out the case a breeze while at the same time keeping it safe from outside harm. This case is definitely worth the money!