Canon 60D no Micro adjustment on focus I like to take a lot of close up pics and was wondering if this lack of feature poses any issues? The 60D seems to be the camera for me. The 7D has a lot of features, but I would use them often enough to justify the extra cost. A good Lens seems to be a better investment.
asked by B. Henry on February 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
A good lens is always a good or better investment. Lenses will last you across several bodies. Micro adjustment is a feature few people use or need. Yes, it's a "nice to have" but by no means necessary, few lenses require micro adjustment and the process to determine whether a lens needs it or not is fairly involved. Having said that, whining about things like this is red-meat for the Bulletin Board crowd who need things to complain about to make themselves appear knowledgeable. The same with the "Plastic Body." Have you ever seen a cracked camera body? Cameras with plastic bodies have been dropped from airplanes, picked-up, dusted off, and work perfectly. These Carbon Resin (not plastic) bodies are very tough and can take a lot of abuse. Don't get hung up on these little nits, buy a camera that has the features you really want or need and stick within your budget. Even the entry level cameras of today are fantastic image making machines. It's the person behind the camera that usually needs the upgrading.
Robert L. Taylor answered on March 25, 2012
Comment | 9 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
the Micro lens adjustment is a nice feature on the 7D. I own the Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM, and it always front focuses slightly on my 60D. An adjustment of +4 on the lens did the trick. That being said, of all my other lenses I have no focusing issues on the 60D. So in summary, the Micro lens adjustment is a nice feature, but you can always use manual focus on certain lenses to ensure proper focus. Furthermore, a good lens will last you decades, it is the better investment to get the most out of either the 60D or 7D.
Dcro850 answered on January 31, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is one area on a DSLR that is very important to have. Especially, because picture taking is all about presenting your image to see. And, if you cannot get your image in focus what is the idea of picture taking? Unfortunately, Canon left this feature out of the 60D, otherwise it would've been a great camera. The previous body 50D had AF MicroAdjustment and so it is on the newer 70D plus 6D, 5DMKII, 5DMKIII & 1DX. Each camera body even in its own model lineup may focus slightly different and that also applies to lenses. This feature will let you adjust small focus issues between lenses and give you the option to have a more in focus picture. I own two lenses that back focuses, objects behind focus point are more clear. My 50D is AF microadjusted to each of them and my pictures come out in focus.
ejhc1 answered on December 4, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product