4.0 out of 5 stars Great item but overpriced as expected.
Overpriced but after two failed generic brand grips I didn't have a choice. Of course, it works great and is one of the best accessories you can get (aside from a high quality tripod). Only reason it got 4 stars is because it's overpriced.
Published 12 months ago by o2b4ft11

3.0 out of 5 stars The extra Af-on button is also pretty well positioned
I had the feeling that the product is kinda fragile... it really can't correspond to the quality of the products that I usually see from Canon. It works. The extra Af-on button is also pretty well positioned, still it gets a little bit troublesome to reach the center wheel on the 6D body.
Published 2 months ago by Pedro Paulo Pires dos Santos

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item but overpriced as expected., November 30, 2013
o2b4ft11 (Blacksburg, VA United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Canon Quality, March 1, 2013
M_Six (Charleston, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon Battery Grip BG-E13 (Electronics)
Like all Canon grips, this one fits flawlessly and balances the camera well. My only nitpick, and it's very minor, is that the batteries go into a tray which then slides into the grip. The grip for my 7D allows you to open the door on the front and pop in one or two batteries. Much quicker. But again, this is a minor thing as I don't have to change batteries very often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why you need the canon version, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Canon Battery Grip BG-E13 (Electronics)
1) The aftermarket grips drain the batteries if you leave them in the "on" position.
2) Weather sealing is compromised unless you use the canon official, really want to risk your body with a drop of rain while shooting in portrait?
3) The canon matches the 6D to a T, it's absolutely the best fit, better than the 70D grip fit, and better than the 5D II grip fit IMO.

Spend the extra money and be happy in the long run of things. While the cost is greater, the benefits are also much greater, including resell value down the line hangs on much more than aftermarket grips for when you decide to upgrade. If you are reading this review, I do not need to inform you why you may need a grip, you already know this. What you need to understand is why spend twice the price (3 times the price at the time of writing this vs the vello). It is worth it. You will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great as a grip and doubles your battery life!, March 15, 2013
Mongo Buyer "~M~" (Bordertown, Arizona) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon Battery Grip BG-E13 (Electronics)
The main reason I bought this grip was to have more power while shooting spectacular auroras all night long in the Arctic! It worked great and I never ran low during numerous very long nights, taking thousands of pics, in sub-zero temps. Now, back home in the desert southwest, I find it difficult to remove the grip because it not only provides lots of power but the physical extension provides wonderful support when shooting the moon and a particular comet freehand with a 500mm lens! And, it provides extra mass and a good base for mounting on a tripod. Both batteries communicate with the camera and you can run with just one battery or the AA's of course. Awesome grip! Easy to install, works perfectly, would certainly buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's Canon - of course it works great on a Canon., July 5, 2014
This review is from: Canon Battery Grip BG-E13 (Electronics)
Fits perfect, as you'd expect from Canon FOR Canon. I had bad luck with an off-brand on the 6D before I got this.... I decided to bite the bullet and get the Canon, even though I feel it's over-priced (hence the 1-star-off). But, it definitely matches, and feels right.

Here's something to note, which is different from the grip I had on a previous Canon DLSR: this one uses each battery individually, running one down before going to the next. At first, I thought I might have a battery that couldn't hold a charge, because when I'd re-charge, I'd find one battery was very drained, and the other not at all drained. After some testing, I found it will use the 'outer' battery bay, then move to the 'inner' bay. (Which is fine - just good to know there's not a problem with my batteries.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantatsic Attachment to my 6D, June 20, 2014
This review is from: Canon Battery Grip BG-E13 (Electronics)
First, let me say, I love my BG-E13 battery grip! Yes, it makes the camera quite a bit heavier, and bulkier, but it adds a lot of stability to the platform, and makes carrying it a lot easier. From the day I put my battery grip on my 6D, I haven't removed it. It has gone on several photo shoots with me, and the extra battery life and duplicate set of controls (in the portrait orientation) have really made the purchase worthwhile.

This is probably the single most productivity enhancing add-on I have purchased to date. If you've got a 6D, and you shoot more than a few portrait-oriented photographs, you really need this battery grip!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, February 19, 2013
This review is from: Canon Battery Grip BG-E13 (Electronics)
Gives the perfect amount of added weight and balance. Haven't had to worry about the batteries running out at all, and I went out shooting for three hours yesterday without having charged them first. Love the look, weight, shape, added functionality for portrait shots, and the price was great on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, Great Quality., January 22, 2014
Juan K (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon Battery Grip BG-E13 (Electronics)
I'm a professional photographer and when my old 5D Mark II I had a couple of cheaper grips, but they didn't last or resisted my heavy use, until I bought the Canon grip. With my new 6D, I went directly to the Canon Grip and I'm very happy.

The only thing I would change on the design, but it's not very important to reduce a star in my rating is the battery cassette. I'd like a back door where you have direct access to the batteries, instead of remove the cassette from the side and then replace the batteries.
As I said is not important, becasue I never change batteries in the middle of my weddings or events. Sometimes I shot over 2000 shots and still have enough juice to keep shooting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good-but beware of the extra weight., December 8, 2013
This review is from: Canon Battery Grip BG-E13 (Electronics)
This is my second Grip from Canon. Beware that it adds a lot of bulk and weight to the camera, but you get a better grip and double the battery life. It also makes it easy to remove the batteries while the camera is not used. Remember that the 6D trickles power even while off….so you need to remove the batteries if you are not going to use it for a while. For people with big hands this is great specially if you use big lenses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a must have, June 24, 2014
This review is from: Canon Battery Grip BG-E13 (Electronics)
There are other off-name brand battery grips but this one is definitely worth the money. Yes you can buy others for 1/3rd of the price, but they will drain your batteries more than this battery grip and increase wear and tear on your batteries. This battery grip has worked perfectly for me and my batteries have never lasted longer. I definitely recommend this item.

Canon Battery Grip BG-E13