Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Canon Battery Pack NB-6LH
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 11, 2013
Arrived on time and in great condition. I was warned not to buy a knock off battery, this is not and it work well holding a charge forever.
44 comments|12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2014
It's wise to have an extra full charged battery with your camera, and it also wise to use a permanent ink marker and be able to tell them apart by applying a date of that battery.
on September 3, 2014
Someone suggested that using this battery in place of the "Canon NB-6L 3.7v Typ.1000mAh Min. 940mAh 3.5Wh(Li-ion) battery pack" might void the warranty. So, I called and confirmed with Canon Tech support that this battery is the correct replacement for the NB-6L 3.7v Typ.1000mAh Min. 940mAh 3.5Wh(Li-ion) battery pack and would not void the warranty. I purchased a factory refurbished Powershot SX280HS they offered me to replace my old Powershot when they could/would not clean the inner optics for me but offered me a good price on the refurbished upgrade. But neither the original NB-6L NOR the NB-6LH batteries are still sold at the Canon website, so this product here on Amazon is the battery pack that I found available to use on this older model camera. Rest assured that it is OK to use it.
What I don't like is the price.
on January 23, 2014
This battery holds its power for a significantly long amount of time, and charges quickly enough with its Canon charger. Modern technology is such a wonderful thing, and Canon is up there among the best, especially with its natural user friendly systems.
on September 21, 2014
Paying the extra money for this battery is well worth it. I used aftermarket brands, and they just don't hold a charge as long.
on October 6, 2014
Expensive, but works much better than the generic batteries.
on January 30, 2015
If this camera battery pack was designed well I wouldn't have needed to buy 2 extras just to make sure my camera would function if I went on an excursion that lasted longer than 2 1/2 hours. That being said, I now have 2 extra batteries along with the battery supplied by Canon in the first place, and so I don't expect to have a problem most of the time, unless I am somewhere for an extended period of time that does not have electricity. The battery does charge pretty quickly, and does not seem to lose its charge in the down periods when the camera is not being used. But, Canon could have put more effort into producing a battery pack with a longer life.
on April 19, 2016
Last so much longer than the generic batteries. I don't use anything but the real deal now. It runs cooler, and keeps a charge about three times as long as the knock off I purchased. In fact I only care the real deal now.
on September 12, 2014
As a hobbyist, I know I am safe using the battery made specifically for my camera. I tired the other way, by purchasing an extra battery not made for my camera and I ruined the camera I was using at the time. I decided not to take a chance. I have had good results with this battery pack..
on January 10, 2015
Yeah, they cost an arm and a leg. But they last longer than the cheaper substitutes, in my experience. They come with some charge, but if you need to use your camera in the cold or are going to be using the zoom a lot, you'd be better off charging the battery first. On my last outdoor photo expedition, which was on January 1, temps in the low 30s Fahrenheit, I put the battery in and it had 3 bars, but I only got about a dozen photos out of it before it went down to two bars, then about 6 more photos before it quit. It has worked fine since I charged it. I took one Canon battery and two cheap substitutes to Costa Rica last summer, and found I got more pictures with the Canon battery. By the end of our 2-week trip, the cheaper substitutes weren't holding a charge as well, and I had to recharge them every day. The Canon battery lasted twice as long.