5.0 out of 5 stars Double the Power
With about twice the capacity (and physical size) of the stock battery supplied with the compatible Canon camcorders, the BP-2L14 offers extended filming time that on a single charge will exceed the capacity of a digital tape cartridge, even if using the LCD screen instead of the viewfinder.

Although the BP-2L14 is larger than the battery it replaces at about...
Published on March 23, 2005 by John Nolley II

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job.
The battery life is reasonably good and does the job.

My only gripe would be the loose clanking noise caused by the play between the battery and camera. An easy fix by adding a rubber or foam slit to dampen.
Published 24 months ago by IMO

5.0 out of 5 stars Double the Power, March 23, 2005
John Nolley II (Fairfax, VA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack BP-2L14 (Electronics)

Although the BP-2L14 is larger than the battery it replaces at about an inch thick (just about double the thickness), the added size doesn't interfere with filming or carrying of the camera. Rather than carrying around a handful of the lower-capacity NB-2LH's, add a BL-2L14 or two to your inventory instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect expansion battery for the HG-10, March 15, 2008
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack BP-2L14 (Electronics)
I love this battery on the HG-10. I was originally worried that it might have been too large but now I know this is not an issue at all. It offers much more capactity being slightly larger than the original in size, but still fitting perfectly without protruding past the back of the camera. If you are thinking about a second battery for the HG-10, I would highly recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional performance, May 26, 2008
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack BP-2L14 (Electronics)
I bought this battery at the end of 12/07 and writing this review at the end of 5/08.

This is a product of exceptional quality. The unit is made in Japan, unlike the batteries of Chinese manufacture that comes with the Canon video cameras these days (mine is the HV20). Whether the difference in quality between a China-made battery and a Japan-made battery is perception or real, I don't know. I prefer made in Japan stuff, due to their high quality control and reliability.

This battery has high energy retention. I was surprised to find out that after 5 months in storage, this battery showed up as 100% charged on the OSD (on-screen display) of my camera. Pick one or two of these up as a spare. I am quite happy with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pays off very quickly, February 26, 2006
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack BP-2L14 (Electronics)
For anyone needing several hours of shooting or picture taking away from an outlet source, the extra storage capacity providied by this pack is almost vital.

Recharging has taken 20-60 minutes which fits my schedule.

I find this power pack greatly enables the convenience for long shooting periods.

5.0 out of 5 stars SO MUCH BETTER!, January 18, 2007
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack BP-2L14 (Electronics)
This thing is great I just got it for a trip to Seattle from Hawaii. (I know opposite) But I was afraid when I had this default battery that came with my Canon ZR 500. (which ONLY last 45 min.) But this one last at least 3 hours I love it. Best buy for my camera so far, completely worth the $$$$.

4.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for, January 17, 2008
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack BP-2L14 (Electronics)
i have had very bad experiences with knock off canon batteries so i always buck up and buy canon. sure 2 times as expensive but i have never had one quit taking a charge. the 2L14 is a big step up from the 2L12/13 for just being a little bulkier. highly recommended and use the original battery as a spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good battery., November 20, 2007
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack BP-2L14 (Electronics)
It's a good battery. It does the job well and enabled by HG10 camcorder to run considerably longer. I venture to say it run twice as long as the battery that comes packaged with the camcorder. It fits the camera perfectly, as well it should given it's a Canon battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting, July 16, 2006
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack BP-2L14 (Electronics)
Decided to get this battery to utilize the original battery as a spare. However, with this battery, we never needed a spare. On a recent trip to Hawaii, this is the only one we used. Through long days at Diamond Head, Waikiki, the Dole Pineapple Plantation, Polynesian Cultural Center, and a day trip to the Big Island, this battery never ran low. Recharging at day's end was the only thing needed.

Great performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the extended use battery for HV30, January 6, 2009
John Blessing (Denver, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack BP-2L14 (Electronics)
Good battery to replace the one that comes with the HV30, but this is not the extended use battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Battery That Works, October 6, 2007
This review is from: Canon Battery Pack BP-2L14 (Electronics)
I bought this because with my last video camera I had a larger battery and it was a good investment. This battery lasts longer than the battery my HV20 comes with. What I like most is that it doesn't stick out past the back of the camera.

Canon Battery Pack BP-2L14