Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Canon AC Adapter Kit ACK-E5
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on April 8, 2009
The Canon ACK-E5 AC Adapter Kit is precisely what I needed to set up my Canon Rebel XSi for time lapse photography. All I need is the ACK-E5 AC Adapter Kit, a wall outlet, tripod, my camera connected to my laptop, and the camera does the rest! The Adapter Kit also permits the user to upload pictures to a computer without wasting precious battery power.

The packaging includes the converter battery (DC Coupler) and power cords. Check out the pictures I uploaded regarding the design and equipment for the Kit and how it fits into the camera.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on July 28, 2014
Canon overcharges sooo much for their stuff. More than $60 for a simple AC adapter, especially for old, discontinued camera models... Seriously Canon?! I had an emergency project come up recently that required constant power for my cameras for several hours. Needing my equipment quickly, i was shocked and dismayed to discover the outrageous prices canon charges for their OEM AC adapters. $60 for this one, and, wait for it... $153 for the ACK-E6 adapter!!

Just as quickly, i found trusty little third party ones for less than 10 bucks, coming out of china. I ordered this official canon product just in case the cheap chinese ones didn't work, but they did! Perfectly. Every bit as good as their 10x more expensive canon counterparts. So i sent the canon right back again. I will say that canon offers reliability with their official products... but let's be honest, you pay that much extra for something, it had better work!

Bottom line, seriously don't buy this. 3 stars because yes, it worked perfectly, but just know that canon is lining their pockets with your money, and their are waaaaaay cheaper options out there that will do exact same thing.
on February 17, 2011
This is a must have for anyone who does any kind of indoor photography or astrophotography. It installs easily and won't work loose like the power kit for the Canon 300D (which I own as well). the only reason it did not receive 5 stars is the fact that the piece that goes in side the camera feels very delicate and could very easily get damaged. This is a very important piece and I believe should be made of hardier plastic or even a light metal.

Even so, I highly reccomend this accesory as a must have, just be careful of the delicate internal power piece.

Kevin
on December 23, 2009
This is good to have & save your camera battery from overusage. I have used this AC Adapter many times in my Canon Tli. It is a hassle installing & re-installing it but worth it.
on August 19, 2010
Great product to have when you're doing a lot of macro work or remote shooting.
The package/ kit includes:

Canon DR-E5 DC Coupler
Canon CA-PS700 Compact Power Wall Adapter

It was a beautiful price as a Kit form Adorama Camera, and almost twice the price individually.

So, for me it was worth the price of the KIT, but I think the quality of the materials is extremely cheap. If I purchased the items individually, I would feel I was ripped off.

Anyway, depending on your need and at what price you can land it, its almost worth the price.
on May 29, 2011
If you do any timelapse longer than a few hours, this is the way to go. Using a small generator or an AC power adapter in your car, you can lapse all night long. The cord is long enough for me to have my camera 8' in the air on my tripod and still have power cord left over...a 50' extension cord makes it easy to keep your vehicle a safe distance away, or your generator.
on June 9, 2009
I purchased this primarily for portrait photography and for time-lapse exposures. Very handy for any situation where the camera is used in a stationary position, for any time when the battery could run down, and where AC power is available. I gave it four stars only because, for the price, I expected the cable to be higher quality. The two-conductor cable between the power supply and the DC connector is very thin zip-cord and could wear out with long use, or could break easily if pulled on or tripped over. Otherwise works exactly as advertised and expected. BTW, it is an adaptor (device), not an adapter (person)!
on April 27, 2014
A little pricey for what it is but it definitely saved the day. Had buy in a pinch for a wedding and amazon prime got it here in the nick of time.
on November 7, 2014
Works great. Had my Canon Rebel XS plugged in all night to capture the lunar eclipse and it works flawlessly.
on February 10, 2016
Works perfectly with my Canon XSI.