Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon BGE2 Battery Grip for the EOS 20D and EOS 30..." and save 88% off the $249.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Canon BGE2 Battery Grip for the EOS 20D and EOS 30D Digital SLR Cameras
|Price:||$140.44 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$109.55 (44%)|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- Compatible with Canon EOS 20D and EOS 30D digital SLRs
- Holds up to two Canon Lithium-ion battery packs (BP-511/511A/512/514) or 6 AA batteries for increased shooting time
- Battery grip adds a vertical shutter release capabilities
- Optional hand strap (E1) is available
- Increases functionality and convenience for your Canon EOS DSLR
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||3.2 x 4.9 x 5.8 inches|
|Item Weight||0.97 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.95 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
Two things that surprise me nicely about my grip:
1) Comes with a AA Magazine!
2) Full set of controls for index finger and thumb on the side (Shutter release, spin wheel, focus point selector.) Nice Job!
On the problems others noted:
1) mine fits perfectly flush with the bottom of my 20D (it reads Canon BG-E2 on the front and complements the look of the 20D)
2) I noticed no problems with electrical misreads or torquing since mine fits perfectly flush.
Pros for the Grip:
1) The comprehensiveness of the extra set of controls surprised me which was not why I bought the BG-E2 but which some people will find indispensable. Now that I have a full set of controls for portrait mode it will have me shooting portrait quite a bit more. Great job Canon!
2) On battery power with two batteries - I spent three weeks in Africa with this grip. After 8 days of heavy picture taking (about 15gigs worth of pictures), it asked for a recharge and After 14 more days of lighter shooting, its still showing fully charged. Amazing. I took the magazine and extra batteries but never used them. The power is amazing and if you're going abroad into desolate environments, get this grip.
3) Comes with the AA Magazine that holds 6 AA batteries. This will add a ton of flexibility when traveling in remote locations.
4) Portrait controls have "on / off" switch which is nice extra to prevent accidental pressing.
5) Great Pinky rest.Read more ›
What this grip does:
It provides a vertical shutter relase. That means you can turn the camera on its side and with the shutter button on the grip it is in the same position as if you were shooting a picture normally just using the camera and its release button. It also provides an extra dial and a couple buttons for adjusting things.
With the vertical release you can take your vertical pictures and keep you righ arm down to your side for more support and not have to twist your wrist over as you would without the grip.
The grip allows you to use one or two battery packs and comes with a carrier that allows you to use AA batteries instead of the packs that come with the camera. This is helpful incase your batteries die on the road. AA's can be a good backup.
This grip also allows you to use the Canon hand strap. With a camera of this weight you will want the hand strap. With a long lens you will want the strap even more. It allows you to grip the camera without having to grip the camera.
I believe there is an aftemarket hand strap for the 20d/30d cameras that don't require the purchase of the grip. Again if you get the Canon hand strap you must purchase this grip to use it.
The grip stays secure even though it does have a little chintzy feel to it due to the plastic used and the process used to manufacture it.
In the vertical grip mode there is no ergonomics involved at all.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great. Rugged, and haven't had any issues yet with my old school 20DPublished 3 months ago by Timothy J Rixner
Unlike some "knock offs", I tried it fit the camera and is fully functional. Seems in good shape & the price was good. Canon quality.Published 17 months ago by Randy
nice product, works well with canon 40d, very compact and versatilePublished 18 months ago by Oluseye Kehinde
The Battery Grip is "used" in name only. For all practical purposes it is brand new and cost far less than a new Battery Grip directly from a Canon retailer.Published 22 months ago by John Neumyer
This battery grip has saved me from switching out my batteries between shoots. Easy to use and lasts a very long time. I highly recommend this product from this seller.Published on March 4, 2013 by Sheila E. Domantay
I have been so pleased with my camera grip. Can't wait to try it for sports. I'm sure that it will help me with the whole battery situation.Published on November 26, 2012 by lisakaye63