Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Price:$64.95+ Free shipping

VINE VOICEon March 23, 2005
With about twice the capacity (and physical size) of the stock battery supplied with the compatible Canon camcorders, the BP-2L14 offers extended filming time that on a single charge will exceed the capacity of a digital tape cartridge, even if using the LCD screen instead of the viewfinder.

Although the BP-2L14 is larger than the battery it replaces at about an inch thick (just about double the thickness), the added size doesn't interfere with filming or carrying of the camera. Rather than carrying around a handful of the lower-capacity NB-2LH's, add a BL-2L14 or two to your inventory instead.
0Comment65 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2008
I love this battery on the HG-10. I was originally worried that it might have been too large but now I know this is not an issue at all. It offers much more capactity being slightly larger than the original in size, but still fitting perfectly without protruding past the back of the camera. If you are thinking about a second battery for the HG-10, I would highly recommend this one.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 26, 2008
I bought this battery at the end of 12/07 and writing this review at the end of 5/08.

This is a product of exceptional quality. The unit is made in Japan, unlike the batteries of Chinese manufacture that comes with the Canon video cameras these days (mine is the HV20). Whether the difference in quality between a China-made battery and a Japan-made battery is perception or real, I don't know. I prefer made in Japan stuff, due to their high quality control and reliability.

This battery has high energy retention. I was surprised to find out that after 5 months in storage, this battery showed up as 100% charged on the OSD (on-screen display) of my camera. Pick one or two of these up as a spare. I am quite happy with this purchase.
11 comment15 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2006
For anyone needing several hours of shooting or picture taking away from an outlet source, the extra storage capacity providied by this pack is almost vital.

Recharging has taken 20-60 minutes which fits my schedule.

I find this power pack greatly enables the convenience for long shooting periods.
on January 18, 2007
This thing is great I just got it for a trip to Seattle from Hawaii. (I know opposite) But I was afraid when I had this default battery that came with my Canon ZR 500. (which ONLY last 45 min.) But this one last at least 3 hours I love it. Best buy for my camera so far, completely worth the $$$$.
on January 17, 2008
i have had very bad experiences with knock off canon batteries so i always buck up and buy canon. sure 2 times as expensive but i have never had one quit taking a charge. the 2L14 is a big step up from the 2L12/13 for just being a little bulkier. highly recommended and use the original battery as a spare.
on November 20, 2007
It's a good battery. It does the job well and enabled by HG10 camcorder to run considerably longer. I venture to say it run twice as long as the battery that comes packaged with the camcorder. It fits the camera perfectly, as well it should given it's a Canon battery.
on July 16, 2006
Decided to get this battery to utilize the original battery as a spare. However, with this battery, we never needed a spare. On a recent trip to Hawaii, this is the only one we used. Through long days at Diamond Head, Waikiki, the Dole Pineapple Plantation, Polynesian Cultural Center, and a day trip to the Big Island, this battery never ran low. Recharging at day's end was the only thing needed.

Great performance.
on January 6, 2009
Good battery to replace the one that comes with the HV30, but this is not the extended use battery.
on October 6, 2007
I bought this because with my last video camera I had a larger battery and it was a good investment. This battery lasts longer than the battery my HV20 comes with. What I like most is that it doesn't stick out past the back of the camera.
11 comment10 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See 1 answered question